Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Acts 22:3

Wether there is secular evidence to cooberate this is irrelavent. The fact of the matter is this is a widely accepted fact in theological & academic circles.

Acts 23:6

You dont get to teach in the Sanhedrin nor speak in the Areopagus unless you were a Pharisee.
How do you figure? Why wouldn't a Sadducee be able to do either?

popsthebuilder

In the 1500s, it was revealed precisely the canon that the Apostles themselves told their bishops, were the actual Christian scriptures, authorized by and mentioned by Peter in 2nd Peter 3:16 KJV. The Catholic and the Protestant Bibles have identical New Testaments, the only differences are in the Old Testament, between Catholic and Protestant Bibles. Christ's Resurrection at once confirms all authorized Christianity, and falsifies every other religion, so there are really no other sacred writings that are not already Christian Scripture, unless they witness to Christ's Resurrection, like the Mormon scriptures.
"falsifies every other religion"

Scriptural support please.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
"falsifies every other religion"

Scriptural support please.

Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep.After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles.Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen.And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty.Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise.For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen.And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable. - 1 Corinthians 15:1-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians15:1-19&version=NKJV

popsthebuilder

Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep.After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles.Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen.And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty.Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise.For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen.And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable. - 1 Corinthians 15:1-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians15:1-19&version=NKJV
What was your point?

I asked for scriptural support for his claim, not that Jesus died and was yet alive.

How does that falsify all other religion/ belief in GOD?

Jesus himself plainly expressed that those not against Christ/ Messiah, are for Him. So your task would be to show core religious texts showing plainly that it is actually against the Messiah.....good luck with that one.

MennoSota

What was your point?

I asked for scriptural support for his claim, not that Jesus died and was yet alive.

How does that falsify all other religion/ belief in GOD?

Jesus himself plainly expressed that those not against Christ/ Messiah, are for Him. So your task would be to show core religious texts showing plainly that it is actually against the Messiah.....good luck with that one.

When Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" was he actually saying...I am one of many ways, many truths and many lives. Anyone can come to the Father by any path they like?

It seems you are given to stir up heresy on multiple sites, pops.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Infinity.....ever expanding.......

Infinity.....ever expanding.......

When Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" was he actually saying...I am one of many ways, many truths and many lives. Anyone can come to the Father by any path they like?

The fact remains you cant put 'God' who is INFINITE in a 'box'. Neither can you contain, restrict or limit an Infinite Spirit to any one book, tradition or religious cult.

As far as Jesus saying he was the 'way, truth and life' that is only in John's gospel and per his theological perspective, terms and meanings, and in doing so, this writer of the gospel was just showing Jesus as being the way to God, since he came as a representative of God his Father, as the 'SON' of God, per John's theology. It is therefore a gospel written solely for the religious purpose of the writer and school of thought he represents, with his own creative nuance, which was quite different and more evolved with Christology-theology (the logos) than the synoptics, seeming to be written by one more keenly familiar with greek philosophical concepts, and likely not the writing of a poor Jewish fisherman, who would most likely be uneducated. (hence some scholars doubt this was actually written by the 'John' assumed).

If you're going to limit the Infinite to 66 books canonized by a consensus of church councils, then crystallized by pop 'tradition', that is your perogative, but its irrational beyond some customary formula to assume God can only speak thru that limited collection of man sanctioned books. Hence value and meaning can be found in also non-canonical books and inspired religious writings of other religious traditions whose contents may be more or less inspired, just like some books of the bible may be more or less inspired, with a good mix of religious fiction, literary devices and mythology thrown into the mix. It is up to a learned student to study for himself to know the differences and synthesis the best holistic theology from the material, THEN be led by the Spirit of God within his own soul in all matter pertaining.

Once one assumes their own little sliver or slice of infinity, represents the totality of All That IS, such mental grid-lock is like paralysis of the mind, and retardation of the spirit. There is always MORE :)

popsthebuilder

Absolute nonsense coupled with disingenuous motives based on preconceived bias and fear and pride.

I never said there is more than One Way. If you understood the two books then you would understand that they are in agreement on what we as believers in GOD are to do as believers in GOD. Christ is the Way and the Light. That is the Light that emanates from GOD and leads/returns to GOD.

You can claim books you haven't read and do not understand are against Christ if you want; it just isn't a very Christian thing to do....or maybe it is depending on what it is to be Christian or saved or "elect" right?

Good to see you here; unfortunate that you consider yourself some purge of pretend evil instead of stepping into this with a little more brotherly or neighborly love. What are you reflecting when you go off half cocked with such damning words. If this was Calvin's time I bet you would have no qualms with this "heretic" being killed due to your nonsense.

Regardless; peace.

I hope we can attempt actual conversation rather than posturing for the view of others.

MennoSota

Absolute nonsense coupled with disingenuous motives based on preconceived bias and fear and pride.

I never said there is more than One Way. If you understood the two books then you would understand that they are in agreement on what we as believers in GOD are to do as believers in GOD. Christ is the Way and the Light. That is the Light that emanates from GOD and leads/returns to GOD.

You can claim books you haven't read and do not understand are against Christ if you want; it just isn't a very Christian thing to do....or maybe it is depending on what it is to be Christian or saved or "elect" right?

Good to see you here; unfortunate that you consider yourself some purge of pretend evil instead of stepping into this with a little more brotherly or neighborly love. What are you reflecting when you go off half cocked with such damning words. If this was Calvin's time I bet you would have no qualms with this "heretic" being killed due to your nonsense.

Regardless; peace.

I hope we can attempt actual conversation rather than posturing for the view of others.

I notice you refused to say Jesus is the truth, even though Jesus makes that specific claim.
He says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
That's pretty exclusive language, pops. No inclusion of Islam in that statement at all. Perhaps that is why you refused to acknowledge Jesus as the truth, as well as the way and the life.
Oh well, as long as no one else is duped by your attempt to promote Islam on this site...

popsthebuilder

I notice you refused to say Jesus is the truth, even though Jesus makes that specific claim.
He says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
That's pretty exclusive language, pops. No inclusion of Islam in that statement at all. Perhaps that is why you refused to acknowledge Jesus as the truth, as well as the way and the life.
Oh well, as long as no one else is duped by your attempt to promote Islam on this site...
Jesus is the Truth.

I didn't read any further after that gross mischaracterization of me and the motives behind my words; further verifying that you seem to be fighting a pretend enemy; as if I myself am an ememy of Christ. I'd ask that you search your own motived before and while responding to me please friend.

peace

popsthebuilder

Islam means submission to GOD...guess what Christ teaches....along with benevolence and mercy.....I'll wait friend; eagerly.

Idolater

If Islam can be interpreted as believing Christ's Resurrection then all of Islam would in one fell swoop become a new Protestant denomination. Is there any opportunity in this tradition to reveal that Islam believes in Christ's Resurrection? Is there a way that the verses in the Quran and Hadiths can believe in Christ's Resurrection? They don't have to believe He's the Son of Allah, they just have to believe that He is risen, and all a sudden they're all Christians. Can it be done?

popsthebuilder

No it isn't. Name one, I dare you. A single religion that believes and teaches Christ's Resurrection, go ahead I dare you.

You can't do it.
I can't resist.

Baha'i

I could go so far as to list two religions that predate Christianity by a good thousand years or more......but I don't think you would be able to make the connection at this time....maybe later

Idolater

I can't resist even though it is your burden you sidestepping wannabe goon.

Baha'i

I could so far as to list two real gions that predate Christianity by a good thousand years or more......but I don't think you would be able tpake the connection at this time....maybe later

Bahai believe in Christ's Resurrection? They believe it is nonfiction fact of history? Wow. I did not know that. I did not know that they are just another Protestant tradition. Like the Mormons. Christians. Cool. Thanks.

MennoSota

If Islam can be interpreted as believing Christ's Resurrection then all of Islam would in one fell swoop become a new Protestant denomination. Is there any opportunity in this tradition to reveal that Islam believes in Christ's Resurrection? Is there a way that the verses in the Quran and Hadiths can believe in Christ's Resurrection? They don't have to believe He's the Son of Allah, they just have to believe that He is risen, and all a sudden they're all Christians. Can it be done?
Can you cause the Quran and hadith to not say what they say?
Since they do not teach that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, they cannot be from God. Allah therefore cannot be the God of the Bible.
If you study the teaching of Muhammed's visions, they are very similar to Joseph Smith. It seems very possible that it was the same demon that approached both.

Idolater

Since they do not teach that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, they cannot be from God. Allah therefore cannot be the God of the Bible.
If you study the teaching of Muhammed's visions, they are very similar to Joseph Smith. It seems very possible that it was the same demon that approached both.
All they have to believe is that Jesus Christ the Messiah (He is called both in the Quran) is risen from the dead. Do the Quran and Hadith NECESSARILY rule out believing in Christ's Resurrection? The Quran even names the Gospel, the Injil or something like that, though it says that Jesus brought the Gospel, and that is correct of course, but the Gospel 'He is risen,' is not the Gospel that He preached, that's the Gospel that His APOSTLES preached.

MennoSota

All they have to believe is that Jesus Christ the Messiah (He is called both in the Quran) is risen from the dead. Do the Quran and Hadith NECESSARILY rule out believing in Christ's Resurrection? The Quran even names the Gospel, the Injil or something like that, though it says that Jesus brought the Gospel, and that is correct of course, but the Gospel 'He is risen,' is not the Gospel that He preached, that's the Gospel that His APOSTLES preached.
Both teach the swoon theory, meaning Jesus didn't die on the cross, he just fainted.
You can provide "what ifs" all day, that doesn't make the Quran or the other writing inspired by God.

popsthebuilder

Show how the Quran speaks against Christ or Jesus or Messiah. Show where it says Christ /Messiah isn't the way.