Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
One SUN, many rays.......

One SUN, many rays.......

The Bible says that the oracles of God were committed to the Jews. That means everything in the Bible (not the RCC Bible). Nothing else.

Thats limiting 'God' to one book and one people group. You cant put 'God' in a 'box', neither is there any reason to attempt such a thing, since that is impossible to do to an Infinite BEING. 'God' is an omnipresent reality as well, if we go by the classical theistic definitions and the philosophical concept as a metaphysical presence or principle.

There are many wonderful religious texts from our different religious traditions, see here :)

I'd expand my horizons a bit, before becoming too 'grid-locked' in any one paradigm, system or belief-system, since so much more exists and is part of the wonderful whole, each tradition sharing a wonderful side, aspect or dimension of Source.

View attachment 26501

popsthebuilder

The Bible says that the oracles of God were committed to the Jews. That means everything in the Bible (not the RCC Bible). Nothing else.
It says the faith....as in the same faith...it does say destroyed, not that he destroyed the church but that he deatoyed the lives of others faithful

Imagine that; the one who refused to answer a question directed towards himself feels the need to blurt out a me nonsense that has nothing to do with what was asked.

Congrats.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Thats limiting 'God' to one book and one people group. You cant put 'God' in a 'box', neither is there any reason to attempt such a thing, since that is impossible to do to an Infinite BEING. 'God' is an omnipresent reality as well, if we go by the classical theistic definitions and the philosophical concept as a metaphysical presence or principle.

There are many wonderful religious texts from our different religious traditions, see here :)

I'd expand my horizons a bit, before becoming too 'grid-locked' in any one paradigm, system or belief-system, since so much more exists and is part of the wonderful whole, each tradition sharing a wonderful side, aspect or dimension of Source.

View attachment 26501[/QUOTE [MENTION=1746]freelight[/MENTION];

I used to have an app made by ishwar I think....it was called peace and had that symbol you often post...what I'm getting at is that it had the writtings ascribed to each of the symbols or Faith's and I can't find the anymore. I am trying to locate a free digital version of the Zend Avesta. Do you know where I might look? Thanks

SonOfCaleb

So what is the criterea you use to accurately determine if a book is inspirired by GOD or not without even reading it?

Ive already explained that to you. But il repeat myself for the final time 2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work

The Bible is Gods OWN inspired word. Any 'spiritual' material outside of the Bible is NOT inspired of God. This is a simple concept to grasp.

And in line with Jesus words at Revelation 2:24 and my previous repitition to you i have no need to enquire into the teachings of Demons nor the deep things of Satan.

However, I say to the rest of you who are in Thy·a·tiʹra, all those who do not follow this teaching, those who did not get to know the so-called “deep things of Satan

SonOfCaleb

Are you talking about the pope himself? Or the office of pope?

Both. They're interchangeable to me.

The twelve Apostles were chosen by Jesus, handpicked. Then Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus and then killed himself, so in Acts 1:15-26 the remaining 11 cast lots to choose another. The lot fell to Matthias, and so there were 12 again, for the twelve tribes of Judah.

Correct. The word Apostle means "Sent forth". In other words the 12 and also Paul were divinely chosen and sent forth to establish and teach Christianity to the Jews and the Gentiles.

SonOfCaleb

View attachment 26501

This is a subjective view based on worldly philosphy that isnt compatible with Christianitys teachings. I believe your statement says more about your own personal disposition in line with what the Bible calls "teachings of men".

The Bible is very black and white about spiritual matters and their origins. Anything outside of the Bible is inspired by the god of this world Satan. 1 John 5:19
"We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one."

The Apostle Pauls admonition supports the Apostle Johns words where he says in 2 Corinthians 14-15
"For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? 15 Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Beʹli·al?

Belial being a reference to the Devil. Thus its clear from the Bible -Gods OWN very words- the origins of spiritual teachings that are contrary to the Bible as well as Gods viewpoint on their legitimacy and value.

Lastly God is not Omnipresent. This is a pagan belief thats been absorbed into various 'Christian' denominations over the Centurys. The Bible explains in numerous places that God lives in Heaven. 1Ki 8:49, Joh 16:28, & Heb 9:24.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Thats limiting 'God' to one book and one people group. You cant put 'God' in a 'box', neither is there any reason to attempt such a thing, since that is impossible to do to an Infinite BEING.

So you're accusing God of putting Himself in a box? Noted.

Here's what Scripture says.

What advantage then has the Jew, or what is the profit of circumcision?Much in every way! Chiefly because to them were committed the oracles of God.For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect?Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: “That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged.” - Romans 3:1-4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:1-4&version=NKJV

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. - 2 Timothy 3:16-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Timothy3:16-17&version=NKJV

Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless;and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you,as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures. - 2 Peter 3:14-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Peter3:14-16&version=NKJV

'God' is an omnipresent reality

Sounds like a load of gobbledygook.

God is God. God is not His creation.

as well, if we go by the classical theistic definitions and the philosophical concept as a metaphysical presence or principle.

Except we're not going by pagan standards. We're going by God's standards.

Trying to put pagan ideas into scripture ends up in hellfire. You should repent and ask God to forgive you of such.

There are many wonderful religious texts from our different religious traditions, see here

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, And prudent in their own sight! - Isaiah 5:20-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah5:20-21&version=NKJV

You mean "open my mind?" No thanks, I'd rather keep my brains inside my head.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Lastly God is not Omnipresent. This is a pagan belief thats been absorbed into various 'Christian' denominations over the Centurys. The Bible explains in numerous places that God lives in Heaven. 1Ki 8:49, Joh 16:28, & Heb 9:24.

I would tend to agree with this, with one clarification:

God is omnipresent in that He can be wherever He wants to be. He isn't "everywhere at once all the time, correct, but He is in the hearts of everyone who love Him.

The "omni-"s and the "im-"s of Calvinism are certainly not found in the Bible, to be sure.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

SonOfCaleb

I would tend to agree with this, with one clarification:

God is omnipresent in that He can be wherever He wants to be. He isn't "everywhere at once all the time, correct, but He is in the hearts of everyone who love Him.

The "omni-"s and the "im-"s of Calvinism are certainly not found in the Bible, to be sure.

Omnipresence is not a condition of the heart. Its a term usually used in the context of God being literally everywhere and in everything. That viewpoint specifically as i've already highlighted is contrary to what the Bible says about Gods location.

God is able to use his holy spirit to percieve whatever is happening anywhere in Universe. Thus Omnipresence cannot be used in the context you've used it -as a condition of the heart- as thats not what the word means.

SonOfCaleb

As far as I'm aware, the pope is an elected position, elected by a group of Cardinals. And by election, I mean votes being cast, similar to how we elect officials in our (America's) government.

The Catholic Church believes the Pope or Pontiff is appointed by God. Its interesting that you note the reality that he's actually appointed by men and not God appointed contrary to the position of the RCC who believe the Pope to be divine.
Regardless the office of the Pope, and the Pope himself have no basis whatsoever in any scripture. Outside of Pagan Rome who honoured the Pontiff as the Chief Priest of Rome the Christians of 1AD had no Church hierachy nor a position of a Pope.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Catholic Church believes the Pope or Pontiff is appointed by God. Its interesting that you note the reality that he's actually appointed by men and not God appointed contrary to the position of the RCC who believe the Pope to be divine.
Regardless the office of the Pope, and the Pope himself have no basis whatsoever in any scripture. Outside of Pagan Rome who honoured the Pontiff as the Chief Priest of Rome the Christians of 1AD had no Church hierachy nor a position of a Pope.

Which was my point exactly.

And to rabbit trail for a moment, appointing leaders by "election" (ie, "will of the people", or voting for someone to lead), is strongly condemned by God.

For those reading this who don't believe me, go read Numbers 16 and tell me what happened to Korah and his group.

popsthebuilder

Ive already explained that to you. But il repeat myself for the final time 2 Timothy 3:16

The Bible is Gods OWN inspired word. Any 'spiritual' material outside of the Bible is NOT inspired of God. This is a simple concept to grasp.

And in line with Jesus words at Revelation 2:24 and my previous repitition to you i have no need to enquire into the teachings of Demons nor the deep things of Satan.
Wow. Nope. Fail.

All scripture is inspired by GOD.

so to you that must mean that whatever combo of books man compiles and calls the bible is by default inspired by GOD, but all other sacred writings are of satan even though we are all GOD'S creation.

Thanks; I'll be sure to not listen to anything you have to say from here on out.

Nonsense passed off as knowledge.

popsthebuilder

You act like the bible nor the church catered to pagans to get them to convert.

Get your head out of the sand. There is nothing to fear.

Why don't you go look up saturnalia?
So you're accusing God of putting Himself in a box? Noted.

Here's what Scripture says.

What advantage then has the Jew, or what is the profit of circumcision?Much in every way! Chiefly because to them were committed the oracles of God.For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect?Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: “That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged.” - Romans 3:1-4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:1-4&version=NKJV

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. - 2 Timothy 3:16-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Timothy3:16-17&version=NKJV

Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless;and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you,as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures. - 2 Peter 3:14-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Peter3:14-16&version=NKJV

Sounds like a load of gobbledygook.

God is God. God is not His creation.

Except we're not going by pagan standards. We're going by God's standards.

Trying to put pagan ideas into scripture ends up in hellfire. You should repent and ask God to forgive you of such.

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, And prudent in their own sight! - Isaiah 5:20-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah5:20-21&version=NKJV

You mean "open my mind?" No thanks, I'd rather keep my brains inside my head.

SonOfCaleb

And to rabbit trail for a moment, appointing leaders by "election" (ie, "will of the people", or voting for someone to lead), is strongly condemned by God.

For those reading this who don't believe me, go read Numbers 16 and tell me what happened to Korah and his group.

I see the paralell you're attempting to make but i dont think its applicable. Faithful men appointed to positions of oversight via 'democractic' vote in ancient Israel was not unusual.
Recall the selection of Matthias to replace Judas was put to a vote by the 11 remaining Apostles. The original governing body often appointed men to positions of oversight in the newly established Christian congregations via vote. This in fact became the accepted method for appointing servants in those early congregations to positions of leadership for at least approximately 200 years after Christs death, and certainly after the deaths of all the Apostles.

Korah though rebelled against Moses and thus directly against God. He stirred up a rebellion and encouraged others to follow. He paid for his arrogant presumption with his death as did his followers.

SonOfCaleb

Wow. Nope. Fail.

All scripture is inspired by GOD.

so to you that must mean that whatever combo of books man compiles and calls the bible is by default inspired by GOD, but all other sacred writings are of satan even though we are all GOD'S creation.

Thanks; I'll be sure to not listen to anything you have to say from here on out.

Nonsense passed off as knowledge.

You seem to lack basic reading comprehension..... I made my point painfully clear but im afraid your sophomoric reasoning and inability to know that the Bible is NOT the work of men but is Gods OWN inspired word is patently not the same as other religious or sacred texts. Quite ironic as you've obviously read very little if any of the Bible at all, much less any of the other 'sacred' texts you seem so fond of. You certainly possess little to no understanding of the subject matter.

popsthebuilder

More grand assumption; cute; not too profitable though.

I am very familiar with our sacred holy Bible; I just happen to be familiar with the sacred holy Quran too, along with other sacred core texts of ancient and not so ancient believers.

So you ignore the fact that the standard version of the new testament is comprised of 66 separate books, and that the OT is of other books and oral tradition? Or do you agree that though these facts hold true that the bible is still the work of GOD, inspired by GOD?

My point stands regardless of your posturing; that is that the bible in no way declares it is the only book of GOD, or the only one inspired by GOD; and that to accurately judge between the two on a spiritual level one would have to actually read them and understand them....for themselves. You claiming otherwise is just silly.
You seem to lack basic reading comprehension..... I made my point painfully clear but im afraid your sophomoric reasoning and inability to know that the Bible is NOT the work of men but is Gods OWN inspired word is patently not the same as other religious or sacred texts. Quite ironic as you've obviously read very little if any of the Bible at all, much less any of the other 'sacred' texts you seem so fond of. You certainly possess little to no understanding of the subject matter.

popsthebuilder

Faith and faithfulness come first by hearing the Word of GOD and actually believing it(that is carrying out ones daily life in said belief( works reflecting said faithfulness)).

To limit the Word of GOD to particular books written by the hands of men all while condeming other writings without even reading them is wholly niave and irresponsable. To limit the Word of GOD to written texts whatsoever is the same. If any does not agree then please feel free to refute my words using your "only sacred text".

As if GOD didn't give guidance to all the world and all the worlds.

peace

popsthebuilder

6:54. When those who believe in Our Messages come to you, say, ‘Peace be upon you. Your Lord has taken upon Himself (the rule of) mercy, so that whoso from among you commits evil through lack of knowledge then turns (for mercy towards his Lord) thereafter and mends his ways, then (his Lord forgives him because) He is Great Protector, Ever Merciful.’

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
More grand assumption; cute; not too profitable though.

I am very familiar with our sacred holy Bible; I just happen to be familiar with the sacred holy Quran too, along with other sacred core texts of ancient and not so ancient believers.

So you ignore the fact that the standard version of the new testament is comprised of 66 separate books, and that the OT is of other books and oral tradition? Or do you agree that though these facts hold true that the bible is still the work of GOD, inspired by GOD?

My point stands regardless of your posturing; that is that the bible in no way declares it is the only book of GOD, or the only one inspired by GOD; and that to accurately judge between the two on a spiritual level one would have to actually read them and understand them....for themselves. You claiming otherwise is just silly.

Sn rmm ooG()Pu sn aaak
The Quran denies Christ's Resurrection though. It doesn't just not mention it, it denies it.