Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

popsthebuilder

Hmmm...then I guess you disagree with every Imam within the Sunni and Shiite sect of Islam.
I agree with the Quran and the Bible and the Spirit. What other men or sects or divisions or scisms declare is irrelevant to me in that it does not sway me from what I have heard and do believe. I can be swayed by the understanding of core sacred texts and the resonance within, with what is known of the Spirit due to the free blessed miraculous gift of faith and direction and discernment and mercy given by our Lord.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Uh, yes it does, Pops, as we've discussed before.

4:157 And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.
4:158 Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise.

How about the entire Bible that says existence after death?

That Jesus was crucified on the Cross and was buried, spent three days in the grave, and rose again on the third day.
I'm not going over this again with you. I have shown numerous times that the Jew killed Jesus but not Christ as Jesus was the Holy Temple which held the Spirit/ WORD/ Christ of GOD.

I'm not in the mood to play roundyround with the willfully ignorant at this time.

You do not want to understand and will not here the Truth.

peace; sincerely.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Different limbs of the body friend; if any would but hear.

I'd say that those who believe in Christ and who are not in full communion with the Catholic Church are 'separated brethren' who are 'imperfectly united' to the Body of Christ---but if anybody believes in Christ's Resurrection, then they are certainly Christians, whether Catholic, or not (like me).

Right Divider

Body part
I'd say that those who believe in Christ and who are not in full communion with the Catholic Church are 'separated brethren' who are 'imperfectly united' to the Body of Christ---but if anybody believes in Christ's Resurrection, then they are certainly Christians, whether Catholic, or not (like me).
Oh... the great pride and arrogance of the RCC. Such a thing to behold.

Idolater

We may have a separate understanding of the word "Catholic".

Before the Reformation, nobody had another meaning for the word 'catholic' than what it meant then---universal, according to the whole, as in, the whole Church; the catholic Church; cf. the Apostles' and Nicene creeds. But now, yes, there is another meaning out there, that is distinct from the Church that is in communion with the Holy See in Rome---where it's been since the time of Peter and Paul.

Idolater

So you're "not in full communion".
No non-Catholic is in full communion with the Catholic Church. This means above all, that I cannot licitly receive Holy Communion. If I do, then the warnings of Paul in 1st Corinthians 11:27 KJV and 1st Corinthians 11:29 KJV attach.*
Perhaps you'd like to clarify your position.

What is the "Catholic Church" in YOUR definition?
All those Catholic Church parishes that are in communion with the Holy See in Rome. As for individuals, the Catholic Church are all those who are validly baptized and confirmed (for adults) by the Catholic Church, and who've gone to their first confession, and received their first Holy Communion.

* However, also Catholics who commit a grave sin, are also not in full communion with the Catholic Church. They must reconcile with her to return to full communion, before being able to licitly receive Holy Communion again.

Right Divider

Body part
No non-Catholic is in full communion with the Catholic Church. This means above all, that I cannot licitly receive Holy Communion. If I do, then the warnings of Paul in 1st Corinthians 11:27 KJV and 1st Corinthians 11:29 KJV attach.
All those Catholic Church parishes that are in communion with the Holy See in Rome. As for individuals, the Catholic Church are all those who are validly baptized and confirmed (for adults) by the Catholic Church, and who've gone to their first confession, and received their first Holy Communion.
So you're a non-Romanist defender of Romanism?

That's pretty crazy.

popsthebuilder

Before the Reformation, nobody had another meaning for the word 'catholic' than what it meant then---universal, according to the whole, as in, the whole Church; the catholic Church; cf. the Apostles' and Nicene creeds. But now, yes, there is another meaning out there, that is distinct from the Church that is in communion with the Holy See in Rome---where it's been since the time of Peter and Paul.

Holy See?

Idolater

Holy See?

The popes' parish is the Archbasilica of St. John Lateran in Rome. All Catholics who are in full communion with the Holy See, are in communion with this church's pastor, the pope.

MennoSota

CHRIST is GOD.

Jesus was the manifestation of GOD; the image of GOD. He was GOD'S Christ. His Spirit which is GOD lives within us, as we make the temporal body and blocks of the Holy Temple of GOD.

you should know well by now that I do not and will not conflate the temporal with the eternal.

Did Jesus ever teach us to conflate the material with the spiritual?

See. I knew you could not declare that Jesus is God, even though Jesus said this and it caused the Jewish leaders to try kill him.
pops, you deny the very cornerstone of the Christian faith.

MennoSota

I agree with the Quran and the Bible and the Spirit. What other men or sects or divisions or scisms declare is irrelevant to me in that it does not sway me from what I have heard and do believe. I can be swayed by the understanding of core sacred texts and the resonance within, with what is known of the Spirit due to the free blessed miraculous gift of faith and direction and discernment and mercy given by our Lord.

You disagree with the Bible. You refuse to say that Jesus is God. You are some hybrid of Islam, but you deny Jesus is God, which means you support cults of Christianity, but not what the Bible states about Jesus.

Right Divider

Body part
See. I knew you could not declare that Jesus is God, even though Jesus said this and it caused the Jewish leaders to try kill him.
pops, you deny the very cornerstone of the Christian faith.
pops is a mess, isn't he?

He says that Christ is God, but that Jesus is not... even thought the Bible says that Jesus is the Christ.

John 20:31 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

31 but these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

He's an illogical mess like many here that preach false doctrine.

MennoSota

pops is a mess, isn't he?

He says that Christ is God, but that Jesus is not... even thought the Bible says that Jesus is the Christ.

John 20:31 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

31 but these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

He's an illogical mess like many here that preach false doctrine.
I have noticed that there are many who are missing the mark. I read the official statement of faith for TOL and it is pretty solid. Definitely Trinitarian, yet many here are displaying the teachings of cults and other gods.