Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
'Marital rape' is a sin due to the sin of the wife. It's the only real conclusion one can come to as far as the Scriptures teach, because by the old standard 'marital rape' is virtually impossible if the woman is submitting to the marriage.

This is in part why female autonomy conflicts with the Christian religion.

Wow. According to you if a wife is raped by her husband it's her sin.

I'll take my autonomy over your 'Christian religion.'
According to the time honored definition of rape, if a husband and wife have sex, it is not rape and according to the Bible there is no sin, either.

I am not evading the question, you just appear to be unwilling to accept my answer.

You don't like the fact that the problem is the redefinition of rape to include many things that are not rape.

_____
Women’s long battle to define rape
In the 19th century, state laws around the country defined rape as the carnal knowledge of a woman when achieved by force by a man other than her husband.
. . .
Advocates for women’s rights and racial justice started questioning these views in the mid-19th century, and their efforts helped reshape the meaning of rape in three important ways. First, legal remedies such as laws on criminal seduction and statutory rape made it easier to prosecute coercive but nonviolent sexual relations with acquaintances. African American activists insisted that black women could be victims of rape and that white men should be held accountable for assault. And feminists renamed a range of non-consensual acts, particularly with acquaintances and husbands, as rape.
_____​

So, genuineoriginal, if you held your wife down and forced yourself on her, you believe you would not be raping her.

YES or NO?

Any other 'Christian' men agree with genuineoriginal and Crucible?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
maybe cowardly little anna can answer my question over here:

i dare you to answer my question

unless you're a coward
You're still evading the question. I wonder why.

Could it be that you believe it's not rape if a husband were to force sex on his wife against her will?

why would it be her will to withhold sex from her husband?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
maybe cowardly little anna can answer my question over here:

i dare you to answer my question

unless you're a coward

why would it be her will to withhold sex from her husband?

Perhaps instead of cowardice it's that your question is irrelevant.
Let's assume that the bible says a woman should give her husband sex on demand. Does that mean he can rape her if she doesn't? :idunno:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Perhaps instead of cowardice it's that your question is irrelevant.
Let's assume that the bible says a woman should give her husband sex on demand. Does that mean he can rape her if she doesn't? :idunno:

let's not assume

let's see what the bible says and go by that

RBBI

Rape is rape, doesn't matter one iota if there's a piece of paper involved or not. I can't believe the question even needs to be debated. And as for those you who said it's the woman's sin if she refuses, nice try.

Adam said, "the woman You gave me," too, and it didn't get him anywhere then and it won't get you anywhere now. Peace

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Any other 'Christian' men agree with genuineoriginal and Crucible?

You quote Hebrew (Jews) Holy Scripture and call it Christian. How interesting. I am saved through the fall of Israel, not her exaltation. Just so you know.

And just so you know, the Bible you called Christian says explicitly "forces" for rape. And to drug a woman so she cannot resist is still force. I just want to point it out knowing you hate God with all your heart mind and soul and the purpose of the thread is to lie about God, not the idiot posters you quoted.

Arsenios

Rape is rape, doesn't matter one iota if there's a piece of paper involved or not. I can't believe the question even needs to be debated. And as for those you who said it's the woman's sin if she refuses, nice try.

Adam said, "the woman You gave me," too, and it didn't get him anywhere then and it won't get you anywhere now. Peace

Rape is rape...

:thumb:

Great post, RBBI...

Self justification in sexual urges in or out of marriage is not Biblical...

If you gonna do the crime,
then do the time...

This is not a debatable topic...

Bible states the man does not rule his body, but the woman does...

If she says no, Bro, then it IS no...

It is not your call...

Get over it...

Arsenios

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Bible states the man does not rule his body, but the woman does...

If she says no, Bro, then it IS no...

1 Corinthians 7:4
The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.

Forgot half the verse, Bro.

This is going to be fun. A few women on here who can't acknowledge anything on the subject of rape or feminism, go afterward and try to make a display of what I and others say to get them to fight their battle. Which is pretty cowardly.
And stereotypical.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.