Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

I don't care about women hitting men in and of itself. I care about the double standard that a man cannot hit a woman- which caused the pandemic of women putting their hands on men in the first place.

I also care about the fact that women are taken more seriously over men when they are mistreated or assaulted. A women can humiliate and put their hands all over a man, but if he so much as throws a wet paper towel at her, she's automatically this helpless victim.

Yes, there is certainly a double standard and it's caused lots of women to become abusers because of it. My son is big and strong, but that hasn't stopped some of these odd ball chicks from thinking they can use him for a punching bag. One even grabbed a gun and he had to put her down on the ground to get it out of her hand.

Both those gals thought he was looking at other women, and he said he was having to walk with his head down to please them. Seriously, it's a real problem for a lot of guys. Thank the Lord he is no longer dating and has settled down....just had their first child. :)

glorydaz

yes and many of them before domestic violence laws were reality, were at the time undetectable before forensics also caught up.

Even when those laws first became laws (due to men beating their wives to death even in front of police when the wife dared to complain) the women knew it likely they still they might die if they tried to report it.

So i would not doubt one bit, there are lots of undetectable 'self defenses' that women chose back then if you know what i mean.

Yeah, people end up reaping what they have sown, and the law may have nothing to do with it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Weird, I live in reality and I don't recall a woman going into training to beat up her abusive husband :think:

Very good, then you admit you are an idiot for comparing tomb raider to what we are talking about (since laura croft wasnt practicing to beat up an abusive husband either)

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
His claims go so far past "stretching it" ... have you noticed he never provides a link?

Why would I need to post a link? You could go to Youtube right now and find myriads of videos with women telling people to kill their self, yelling death threats and all kinds of ridiculousness.

Beating around the bush about it is just as much- a group that has to imply death on other people for not agreeing with them or to validate their victim complex.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Very good, then you admit you are an idiot for comparing tomb raider to what we are talking about (since laura croft wasnt practicing to beat up an abusive husband either)

You're the idiot for not understanding the connection. IT'S ALL FICTION.
Just like the imaginary world you all live in- having your heads boosted up on a delusion.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You're the idiot for not understanding the connection. IT'S ALL FICTION.
Just like the imaginary world you all live in- having your heads boosted up on a delusion.

Wife abuse is not fiction, only one good thing came from the abuse my mother suffered, when my sperm donor beat her in the front seat of the car moving at 40 mph, and shoved her out the door just before entering a curve and she ended up in the hospital, they found out she had cervical cancer, and it saved her life (that early discovery).

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wife abuse is not fiction, only one good thing came from the abuse my mother suffered, when my sperm donor beat her in the front seat of the car moving at 40 mph, and shoved her out the door just before entering a curve and she ended up in the hospital, they found out she had cervical cancer, and it saved her life (that early discovery).

Hopefully she got away from him?

Arsenios

It wasn't until 1975 that forced sex in marriage became illegal.

Funny how in that short of time, it's now seen as the worst thing since Satan.

Reminds me of the homosexual movement.. :think:

This is a big part of the reason why I get annoyed with these discussions. I AM ABSOLUTELY RIGHT AND YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG they'll say, but 40 years ago the entire planet disagreed with you.

Just like supporters of LGBT-Q-LMAO-WTH or whatever it's extended to being now :rolleyes:

In other words, it's very easy to simply go about many on here as if they are sheepy, neo-progressive morons. For all the times I've been called every name in the book and equated to evil incarnate here, anon anon.. having the same discussion for over three months because people can't think any further past their idolatry of women and their bodies.

There CAN BE the reality of rape in marriage, but how the heck can it be proven? I mean, they're married, and the usual evidence for conviction is always going to be there... I think that is why there were no laws against it for so long, and why a husbands and wives, seen as a family unit, were even forbidden from testifying against each other, and where testimony FOR each other was generally discounted...

But the unprovability of rape in marriage in the criminal justice system does not mean that there can BE no rape, and these days, with our technological advances, it can now be proven better when it happens...

In the old days, when you marry someone, you pretty much gave up your right to sexual self-defense - And in the Church, where Marriage is a Sacrament, and the two become one in a Holy way, the issue of rape should never come up, because the marriage is not carnal, or at least is not only carnal, and the Church, through the Mystery of Confession and Repentance, could support resolution of miscreance...

Now, in the Protestant Confessions, Marriage is pretty much no longer a Sacrament, but is a secular affair with human vows made before God, rather than a God Sanctified Union... So it is no wonder that secular unions are now legally seen as secular, and I expect, if a lot of marriage rape cases get successful prosecutions, men may clamor for marriages to their dogs or goats, etc... I doubt SPCA will lobby against it either!

It is the loss of the Sanctity of Marriage that turning it from the protected space of holiness, where persecutions and self-sacrifice are the norm, to one of secular self-fulfillment, where criminal sanctions enforce personal preferences...

Marriage is hard...

Arsenios

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Cool story. I had to get stitches after being slammed in the head with the handle end of a broom by my mother.
I could only imagine if I were a girl and she was my father. We're talking no time in jail spent vs a prison term, because we're so equal and all and there's definitely no 'bias' in domestic courts :rolleyes:

I've seen all kinds of things women do, and never seen any of them receive any real retribution for it. That's not fiction, but it's certainly treated as such. You won't see anyone play a violin for men like they do women- like this thread for example. And the one before this, and the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:plain: The best reason to get away from an abuser and receive the counseling that confirms it's not your fault ... is for the sake of the children.

Children who grow up seeing abuse are at greater risk of repeating the behavior.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
There CAN BE the reality of rape in marriage, but how the heck can it be proven?
Testimony, signs of struggle, injuries, especially of a defensive nature, history of abuse. Any number of things can help establish the claim.

I mean, they're married, and the usual evidence for conviction is always going to be there... I think that is why there were no laws against it for so long, and why a husbands and wives, seen as a family unit, were even forbidden from testifying against each other, and where testimony FOR each other was generally discounted...
I suspect it's simpler than that. Men had all the power and for a very long time women were property, just a little more than a slave. They couldn't participate in compacts except as an extension of their husband/master. No vote, no property rights, etc.

Now, in the Protestant Confessions, Marriage is pretty much no longer a Sacrament, but is a secular affair with human vows made before God, rather than a God Sanctified Union...
It's simply a continuing of the principle that the state isn't a religious instrument. Marriage remains a union of man and wife before God in any Protestant church I can think of though.

Marriage is hard...
It's work, but the sort of work you can't wait to get home to or you're doing it wrong. :)

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
:plain: The best reason to get away from an abuser and receive the counseling that confirms it's not your fault ... is for the sake of the children.

Counselors for women will convince a woman that she's the victim even she's just an insidious little slattern. That's what they do. I've seen it first hand. That's where 'affirmative action' really hits men- she is a victim of circumstance if not of him.

Children who grow up seeing abuse are at greater risk of repeating the behavior.

Or, they are just using that as an excuse, or perhaps a crutch.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Counselors for women will convince a woman that she's the victim even she's just an insidious little slattern. That's what they do. I've seen it first hand.
I was a VAWA lawyer working with three different shelters. You're not describing the rule or the victim with that.
That's where 'affirmative action' backfires on men.
There's literally no such animal. You're mostly bark with no bite.

glorydaz

Except for those cases where it is a woman's fault, and there are those out there. If the kids grown up seeing their mother hitting and screaming at their dad, they are just as damaged as if it's the other way around.

glorydaz

Counselors for women will convince a woman that she's the victim even she's just an insidious little slattern. That's what they do. I've seen it first hand. That's where 'affirmative action' really hits men- she is a victim of circumstance if not of him.

Or, they are just using that as an excuse, or perhaps a crutch.

That can most certainly be the case. People come into this with preconceived notions all the time.

ClimateSanity

Cool story. I had to get stitches after being slammed in the head with the handle end of a broom by my mother.
I could only imagine if I were a girl and she was my father. We're talking no time in jail spent vs a prison term, because we're so equal and all and there's definitely no 'bias' in domestic courts :rolleyes:

I've seen all kinds of things women do, and never seen any of them receive any real retribution for it. That's not fiction, but it's certainly treated as such. You won't see anyone play a violin for men like they do women- like this thread for example. And the one before this, and the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that...

How callous!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.