Is death just another life?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
And does that mean @Clete believes that the day in Gen 2:4 is more than 24 hours? He is so resistant to answer the question, even though now 2 other people have answered the question for him, I have no confidence that he has actually answered the question.
I have already answered that question, Derf. You can repeat yourself until your dead but I will not answer it again.

glorydaz

Dead means "separated." It doesn't mean "nonexistent" or "unconscious." "Dead in trespasses and sins" is just an easier way to say "separated from God because of your trespasses and sins."

It DOES mean exactly that, GD!

It means their spirits are experiencing "spiritual separation," being cut off from their Creator as a result of their sin!

Again, death is not cessation of existence or unconsciousness. It's separation.

---

GD something I'm noticing about those who assert that death is anything other than separation of two entities, you included, is that they fail to show how our position fails to explain scripture. Rather, the arguments against death being separation are always made from the perspective that it is something other than that.

If you want to show our position to be inconsistent with itself, then you need to show how it's inconsistent INTERNALLY, not how it's inconsistent with your personal beliefs.

Before I was saved, my spirit was not dead....it was seeking God.
Man is without excuse, and a "dead" spirit certainly gives man an excuse, doesn't it?

I was not made to believe or elected to believe, but my spirit responded to the Gospel when I heard it.
The reason my spirit responded was because God created us with a spirit with which we could respond, and would respond.
So the preaching of the Cross is what draws us.....we are not spiritually separated if we can be drawn.

Not so separated or dead that we can't hear. So, I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. Semantics?

Derf

I have already answered that question, Derf. You can repeat yourself until your dead but I will not answer it again.
Can you at least confirm when I restate your answer?
@Clete agrees that "day" in Gen 2:4 means a time period more than 24 hours.
You are welcome to acknowledge or call me a liar.

glorydaz

To be spiritually dead simply means that your relationship with God has been cut off. It doesn't mean your non-existent, dormant, or otherwise unconscious.

Lastly, don't be a hypocrite, glorydaz.

What relationship would that be if we were spiritually dead because of Adam's sin.?

Explain that "relationship" you're talking about.

Pot kettle

way 2 go

And does that mean @Clete believes that the day in Gen 2:4 is more than 24 hours? He is so resistant to answer the question, even though now 2 other people have answered the question for him, I have no confidence that he has actually answered the question.
does it make a difference to the discussion what a random " in the day that " length is?

Derf

does it make a difference to the discussion what a random " in the day that " length is?
It’s not random, and yes, it does. It obviously does to @Clete, since he so obviously wants to avoid talking about it.

I’m don’t understand why he’s so afraid to answer the question.

glorydaz

seeking God because you were separated from God ?
Seeking Him because I was created with the knowledge of God in me. We were created to know Him. I actually believe what Paul has to say, and I know if from personal experience.

Romans 1:
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Derf

My position is in total agreement with the bible

,the Derf position has him burying people alive
and eating taking 930 years
and unable to deal with Samuel at all
and temporary bodily resurrection with God putting them to death after.

very odd indeed
As opposed to setting up strawmen and knocking them down?