ECT If your not OSAS then your not saved ,true or false?

way 2 go

Okay, now that it looks like an adult wrote it, FALSE.

But feel free in the future to provide your own opinion, and its supporting evidence, before asking the opinion of others.

I am in the OSAS from the Mid Acts Dispensation position
but OSAS as the litmus test, not convinced .

musterion

if your not OSAS then your not saved ,true or false?

Depends on what gospel a person has believed. It's really that simple because it's demonstrable that almost* every person who is anti-OSAS believes they must do some form of work to either be placed into Christ or to remain in Him, or both. Either one of those is not Paul's gospel.

* I say "almost" only because I have yet to meet an exception, but I suppose there could be one who has believed the Gospel but has also been deceived somewhere along the way. Every one I've met has been very up-front about the requirement of works somewhere along the line.

glorydaz

how would you have written it ?

You did just fine. I was just pointing out what you might be facing, which was pretty silly, wasn't it? You know quite well what you'll be facing. I always enjoy your posts, and I'll certainly be keeping an eye on this one.

way 2 go

Depends on what gospel a person has believed. It's really that simple because it's demonstrable that almost* every person who is anti-OSAS believes they must do some form of work to either be placed into Christ or to remain in Him, or both. Either one of those is not Paul's gospel.

* I say "almost" only because I have yet to meet an exception, but I suppose there could be one who has believed the Gospel but has also been deceived somewhere along the way. Every one I've met has been very up-front about the requirement of works somewhere along the line.
believe this :
Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
Rom 10:11 For the Scripture says, "Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame."

then taught repeatedly + works

way 2 go

You did just fine. I was just pointing out what you might be facing, which was pretty silly, wasn't it? You know quite well what you'll be facing. I always enjoy your posts, and I'll certainly be keeping an eye on this one.
thank you :)

anyone is there a scripture verse for AOS as the litmus test ?

glorydaz

believe this :
Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
Rom 10:11 For the Scripture says, "Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame."

then taught repeatedly + works

That's so sad, isn't it? But, I see the point you're making. :think:

way 2 go

That's so sad, isn't it? But, I see the point you're making. :think:

how many new Christians know about AOS\ OSAS

I have never heard anybody yet from the works crowed
talk about having lost their salvation and regaining over and over like they preach can happen.

oatmeal

if your not OSAS then your not saved ,true or false?

Whoever does or has done Romans 10:9-10 is saved, whether or not they remember doing it, whether or not they sinned or not sinned afterwards, whether they live it or not, whether or not they claim to be saved or not, whether or not they deny they were saved or not, whether they deny God or His sons or not, whether they believe in the gift of salvation/eternal life or not.

All we did to receive salvation is receive it. It is ours, it is as permanent as eternal life, which for those who are confused, lasts for

a. one minute or the first time you sin after you are saved

b. all eternity

Eternal life is eternal life.

That is salvation.

glorydaz

thank you :)

anyone is there a scripture verse for AOS as the litmus test ?

I would say it's more of a promise....the effect of the righteousness of faith that comes with believing the gospel. It's part of the POWER of the Gospel when we are begotten by it. I really like this first verse from Isaiah, because it cannot be talking about our own righteousness but of that which will come from the RIGHTEOUS ONE.

Isaiah 32:17
And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Colossians 2:2
That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ

1 Thessalonians 1:5
For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.​

way 2 go

I foresee a problem with your question. Some people define OSAS as being free to live a life of sin after an altar call or a "profession" of faith.

Whoever does or has done Romans 10:9-10 is saved, whether or not they remember doing it, whether or not they sinned or not sinned afterwards, whether they live it or not, whether or not they claim to be saved or not, whether or not they deny they were saved or not, whether they deny God or His sons or not, whether they believe in the gift of salvation/eternal life or not.

All we did to receive salvation is receive it. It is ours, it is as permanent as eternal life, which for those who are confused, lasts for

a. one minute or the first time you sin after you are saved

b. all eternity

Eternal life is eternal life.

That is salvation.

You might be the kind that Glorydaz warned me about
not sure:idunno:

God's Truth

How can anyone equate not of works with not of obedience?

How can anyone gather that Paul is saying no works meaning no obedience?

That is where the big error lies. That is where the OSAS doctrine must come in for the false doctrine of faith alone.

When Paul the Pharisee taught faith and not works---that is about our not having to clean ourselves because Jesus now cleans us. It does not mean we no longer have to do anything. It means we do not have to get circumcised and offer the blood of animals.