ECT I AM RIGHT

1PeaceMaker

Yes, we all have to take care of our own family too. Jesus knows that. But He still gives us power to give if we desire to do so. I am sure you are doing that too.

Yes, we do, but I'm aware that the best things we have given are free. Sometimes people need money but usually they need information that saves them money, health, time, or their souls.

I contend that you are less worldly than you think.

Regardless, there is always room to grow spiritually, bearing more fruit over time.

I started talking to you on this thread because I wanted to enhance your growth.

When I saw this post -

I believe I told you I don't claim I am saved and I don't believe anyone is saved until Jesus' judgment day.

I realized that you were just trying to point out that Heterodoxical wasn't the only one who held to that belief. But I'd like to change both of your minds for good reason.

John 8:35 hints at why we are not waiting for judgment day to be welcomed. We are already family or we could not enter the kingdom. We also do not wait to enter the kingdom until we die, we are welcomed in life, and when the dirt nap which some call death happens we only have our inheritance revealed to us more fully.

I don't believe you have to understand what I do to enter the kingdom. All you have to do is become as a little child. But if you want to have assurance of salvation and not be in danger of being deceived, then you can never be deceived if you know the answer to two questions, and I mean really know the answer.

1. Why does God love you? (Hint: the answer is not the Bible tells me so)

2. Why do you love your brother? (Hint: the answer is not because you are told to do it)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, we do, but I'm aware that the best things we have given are free. Sometimes people need money but usually they need information that saves them money, health, time, or their souls.

Yes, the time you spend for others like you are doing now is very valuable too. There are many valuable things we can do for God's glory beside money to the poor. If you spend the time for evangelism to the poor who does not know God and Jesus is the most precious gift you are giving, it is much valuable than money. Money will be gone quickly but His messages are forever...

blessings:)

1PeaceMaker

1. Why does God love you? (Hint: the answer is not the Bible tells me so)

Yes, we can agree that "the Bible tells me so" is an irrational reason?

Then what is the correct reason? I will give you my answer.

The reason God loves us is that we are God's offspring, made in His image and likeness. Jesus talked about this fact and they nearly stoned him for blasphemy. At which point he quotes Psalm 82 in John 10:34...

It's the love of a heavenly Father for his own precious sons and daughters who are more precious than many sparrows.
2. Why do you love your brother? (Hint: the answer is not because you are told to do it)

because they are created by God.

We should have respect for all God's creation.

So are edible animals and plants. Even the rocks.

No, there must be a better reason. I cannot pretend that I must love an unlovable thing because God made it. People don't spare love for a mosquito that bites them.

Rather, the person I must love is the child of God, His own dear offspring who needs to know their heritage if they will claim the promise left for them. That person is my sister or brother.

Yes, the time you spend for others like you are doing now is very valuable too. There are many valuable things we can do for God's glory beside money to the poor. If you spend the time for evangelism to the poor who does not know God and Jesus is the most precious gift you are giving, it is much valuable than money. Money will be gone quickly but His messages are forever...

blessings:)

Good points.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The reason God loves us is that we are God's offspring, made in His image and likeness. Jesus talked about this fact and they nearly stoned him for blasphemy. At which point he quotes Psalm 82 in John 10:34...

Ok:)

It's the love of a heavenly Father for his own precious sons and daughters who are more precious than many sparrows.

yes.

So are edible animals and plants. Even the rocks.

No, there must be a better reason. I cannot pretend that I must love an unlovable thing because God made it. People don't spare love for a mosquito that bites them.

Rather, the person I must love is the child of God, His own dear offspring who needs to know their heritage if they will claim the promise left for them. That person is my sister or brother.

I have no objection to that.:)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Glad to know. :)

Blessings,

1PM

Sister,

I sense that you are trying to communicate with me but not succeeding.

Am I right?

Please give me a straight talk. I try not to read people's mind because it is not honest way to communicate IMO.

1PeaceMaker

Hi , and you believe that we can not know , we are saved , today ??

Got a verse for that ??
Other than He is LORD of Lords? And the serfs don't run the castle??? Other than that?

When you come back, and I do hope you come back, think to bring a verse. But I don't think you will be bringing one.

He is the LORD of lords, but tell me, does the Lord of a castle treat his children like serfs? How can you make the comparison with holy royal children who are of the same priesthood as Jesus, the priesthood of Melchizedek, kings and priests forever?

[That the King judges, and no matter if Robin thought he could kill a stag in the forest, and had ALL THE FAITH in the world it was legal, or not, the King decides if he is punished?

How can you compare God to that king and us to Robin-hood? That would be like comparing the king's son to the outlaw.

[Other than God owes you N*o*t*h*i*n*g?

He owes you something. He owes you the love of a Father because he made you in his image and likeness. In Psalm 82 he warns you that the earth is turned out of course by those walking in darkness; that those who do not believe in a Father's love will die like men because they do not know they are the offspring of God. You can't leave a baby to run amok in your house like a little stranger or he will perish.

No he does not. you cram maturation and salvation words together, like mixing oil and water and calling it soup!

Jesus preached eternal security on earth, before the cross. He said stuff like "He that believeth in me shall never die", "never thirst" or "hunger again", so what is that but eternal security?

What is to explain? There is nothing about OSAS in there.

You have to explain how a loving Father is going to reject children who know He's their father. You have to explain how that is going to work.

Last edited:

1PeaceMaker

Sister,

I sense that you are trying to communicate with me but not succeeding.

Am I right?

It's possible that we didn't really communicate. I wondered. What does it mean to you to be a child of God?

Please give me a straight talk. I try not to read people's mind because it is not honest way to communicate IMO.

I appreciate that. I think there's also a good chance that you heard me and agreed, although if I had to guess, I don't think you've given the subject much thought before, at least not the way I just presented it to you.

There is a reason to believe in eternal security. It's about our relationship to God as his royal children. Those who don't understand their relationship to God mess up our world around us and die like men. They don't have eternal security but all who know that they are God's children and honestly believe it do have it. And they will obey Jesus and bear good fruit according to that faith.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It's possible that we didn't really communicate. I wondered. What does it mean to you to be a child of God?

I appreciate that. I think there's also a good chance that you heard me and agreed, although if I had to guess, I don't think you've given the subject much thought before, at least not the way I just presented it to you.

There is a reason to believe in eternal security. It's about our relationship to God as his royal children. Those who don't understand their relationship to God mess up our world around us and die like men. They don't have eternal security but all who know that they are God's children and honestly believe it do have it. And they will obey Jesus and bear good fruit according to that faith.

I think you are making salvation complicated more than actually is, to be honest.

This sums up from our discourse.

blessings.

1PeaceMaker

I think you are making salvation complicated more than actually is, to be honest.

This sums up from our discourse.

blessings.

Why do you think so?

ETA: I respect your simple appeal to the teachings of Jesus. The parables of Jesus are quite revealing, such as the parable of the good Samaritan.

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Why do you think so?

ETA: I respect your simple appeal to the teachings of Jesus. The parables of Jesus are quite revealing, such as the parable of the good Samaritan.

because it seem so important for you to have assurance of salvation.

Jesus says over and over to be faithful to Him until the end. If we strive to be obedient to His teachings, we have nothing to worry about our salvation.

Being faithful to Jesus is the assurance of salvation.

blessings.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just wanted your attention.

This will be addressed to only particular people, and they will know who they are. The rest of you will know the type of people it's addressed to.

Why do you come to a discussion board, and then behave as if everyone was supposed to agree with you, pat your back and praise you after God only?

How can you presume you are right on everything to the point you don't even need to CONSIDER other people's views, it's beneath you?

It's a discussion board. That pretty much assumes people aren't expecting to be right. Therefore people shouldn't show up if their only intent is to show everyone how right they are and try to force agreement with them.

If you are so insecure in your beliefs, that any objection causes you to freak out, you are too short for this ride. If you aren't freaking out, you don't need to defensively lash out from fear. And you will deny you are afraid, so you can save face, after all you are here to win approval, not discuss God and find truth. So, you are nothing if not consistent.

When was the last time you changed your mind on something theologically? Does that scare you?

When was the last time, you actually read the other person's post more than once or twice, so you could make sure you understood it before you opened your mouth and proved you were a fool?

Are you here for man's approval, or to discuss God? If you are here to "discuss" would you kindly shut the front door long enough to discuss and address, and consider, and bring logical conclusions to the other people's comments rather than just object, deny, reflect, deflect, ignore, and contradict?

I'm really curious, why can't you just talk about faith, without having to be right? <<<< is the point of the thread.
When is the last time you actually weighed in on a discussion without a judgmental presumption? never mind

AMR

Jerry Shugart

Jesus says over and over to be faithful to Him until the end. If we strive to be obedient to His teachings, we have nothing to worry about our salvation.

Peter did not remain obedient to the Lord's teaching. Does that mean that he lost his salvation and cannot be renewed again unto repentance (Heb.6:6)?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So no matter how many times we disobey Christ we will remain saved as long as we repent?

You have to remember that it says if you keep on sinning God is not in you even if you repent.

Repentance need to be sincere.

If we are growing spiritually, we are fine.

Many so called "saved and true Christians" don't even know what the sin is, thus remain in sin. Pro-military position is good case.

blessings.

yeshuaslavejeff

EDIT 2017/01/27 : Correction: Remembering Y'SHUA MESSIAH repented continually, repentance does not mean what I stated in this post originally. In the BIBLE, (not necessarily in english), Y'SHUA MESSIAH continually looked to YHWH, never looking at other sources or potentials or temptations. Everything Y'SHUA MESSIAH did, said, and directed all HIS thoughts to, was of/from ABBA YHWH.

Because, obviously, Y'SHUA MESSIAH NEVER SINNED. No, not even once. Not at all.

So the original post below the line, was wrong in that regard. Y'SHUA MESSIAH did not ever have to turn around, turn away from sin, as Y'SHUA MESSIAH never turned toward sin, not even to consider it in HIS HEART.

As regards humans, the original post is not wrong, as when a human turns to YHWH, he turns away from sin.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
repentance means turn around, turn away from sin, not keep doing it.

if someone keeps turning willingly to sin, 1 john describes them, simply.

Last edited: