ECT I AM RIGHT

oatmeal

Just starting the thread shows I admit to it. I had to admit I was wrong 3x to untellectual last week in a public thread.

Can you think of and show ONCE you admitted you were wrong on anything?

Examples?

While I don't dislike you, nor find you obnoxious like many personalities are to me, this is so smugly presumptuous self proclamation it just tells me there is no reasoning with you. Why don't we pick a topic, and debate that one on one, and you show me and convince me you are all you claim. If you do, I'd be your biggest defender if you were and I was wrong about you.

Better hurry up, you got a LOT left to go it looks like.

faux humility.

How can you do that if you are never wrong?

Show me where you have been wrong this year?

Seriously. Even this post... It doesn't have you admitting to being wrong, you give no case of being wrong, you just claim "Sure I've been wrong, I wouldn't be humble if I didn't admit it, so here let me admit it in public.... (i don't' know what I've ever been wrong about, but I must have been wrong, right?)"

Het,

Can you think of and show ONCE you admitted you were wrong on anything?

When I wrong, it is usually attitude, when I let my buttons get pushed.

doctrinally, I am very careful about what I post.

I stay well within the boundaries of my knowledge most of the time

As an ambassador for Christ, I am not here to expound my will, but the will of the Father who sent both Jesus Christ and now his ambassadors.

II Corinthians 5:18-20

While I don't dislike you, nor find you obnoxious like many personalities are to me, this is so smugly presumptuous self proclamation it just tells me there is no reasoning with you. Why don't we pick a topic, and debate that one on one, and you show me and convince me you are all you claim. If you do, I'd be your biggest defender if you were and I was wrong about you.

Thank you for the mild compliments

I am not here to please men but God who entrusted me (not just me, but all his ambassadors) with his word.

smugly presumptous?

Your opening post set the tone you self appointed judge, jury and executioner.

I am not to blame for your arrogance or your self righteousness.

There, tit for tat.

Now, do you want to be civil?

Ok, lets debate

Genesis 1:1

Did God create the heaven and the earth in the beginning like God says he did?

I say yes, you want to argue? Argue with God.

God wins

God always wins, I take his side as I learn what He teaches

Not alway easy, not always painless

Y

tomlapalm

Tom, I'll go to a debate with no preparation on any topic I know I know at zero's notice. I'm pretty sure I'm right. I certainly wouldn't go in KNOWING I am wrong.

So in a room of 100 like-people, all of them think they are right. All of them h ave different thoughts. So, they sit there and get snotty back and forth because God told them too.

If you don't admit you could be wrong, you will never be able to find out that you ARE wrong, if you are wrong.

God could have you hear to learn a mistake/error and you are too busy not listening to His chosen messengers/lessons that you reject Him.

You can't grow, if you think you have it all.

So why are you here if you know it all and can't be corrected? Just to help the rest of us poor saps? ( I don't mean you, I am using it in the general sense. )

If I am wrong, I will change.

But If I think I am wrong or cannot defend my position adequately, I will not respond on TOL. I would and have researched and corrected myself.

but honestly, most are not correct on TOL and are easily corrected if logical presented with scripture. The dishonest ones or least unsure seem to fight more.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry, you never engage the points. You try to dictate points, but any objections to you, you evade, run from ignore or assasinate the character of the one making the comments.

The following is my first post on the thread which you started, "The blood of Christ does not save you!" Anyone in their right mind can see that I engaged the your false assertion:

There are thee principles whereby a person is justified in the eyes of God. Not just one.

"Since we have now been justified by His blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through Him!" (Ro. 5: 9).​

The sentence upon sin is death: "For the wages of sin is death" (Ro. 6: 23). Therefore, when a man sins the sentence upon him is death. No amount of good deeds can bring him righteousness after he sins. If he is ever to be justified in the sight of God it must be by the penalty being paid. He must be justified by death, "justified by blood" (Ro. 5: 9).

"justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro. 3: 21).​

If no amount of good works can bring about a sinner being made "right" with God then he must be made right by some method independent of himself. The Scriptures declare that the sinner is "without strength": "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly" (Ro. 5: 6).

Since the sinner is without strength then he cannot save himself and therefore if he is going to be saved then salvation must come to him as a "free gift": "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Ro. 6: 23).

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God" (Ro. 5: 1-2).​

There is nothing meritious in believing something that is absolutely true. So "faith" is the principle whereby a person has access to God's grace as well as the blessings which flow from the Cross.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm only half right. The other half is left.

I don't claim to have it all right on anything. But I'll hold my ground soundly on many things until I'm shown to be wrong.

Dan, I'm about the only one on here honest enough to admit you won't know if you are or aren't saved until you face God at judgement.

And, of course you're wrong! No offence, I just want to
speak the truth!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Dan, I'm about the only one on here honest enough to admit you won't know if you are or aren't saved until you face God at judgement.

I believe I told you I don't claim I am saved and I don't believe anyone is saved until Jesus' judgment day.

Jerry Shugart

I believe I told you I don't claim I am saved and I don't believe anyone is saved until Jesus' judgment day.

You are wrong. We in the body of Christ KNOW that when the Lord Jesus appears we shall be like Him:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" (1 Jn.3:2).​

Paul certainly understood that those in the Body of Christ would KNOW that this will happen to them. But you do not know.

What does that tell you?

tomlapalm

I claim to be more than half right. I am right in any presentation I make on TOL or I wouldn't make it. I can give scripture and logic the Holy Spirit has shown me. The point of scripture is for us, the sinners, to know what God has for us. Why else would scripture be given?

If it is a subject I do not have an opinion, I don't post.

1PeaceMaker

I don't frequently disagree with you but I don't agree this time.

I appreciate that your faith is practical, but at this point you love Jesus and the Father so much that you keep his commandments and are enslaved to righteousness, right? His yolk is easy, sister, no one can pluck a believer from His hand. What problem could you have feeding his sheep?

DAN P

Although, you do realize you prove my purpose for the post, right? Rather than address the OP you attack me personally. The one thing I like about you Dan, if I'm ever in a ticked off mood and looking for a fight, I can read two of your posts and one is guaranteed to be psycho enough I can start a fight. :baby:

Hi , any time that you are ready , and I have already MOOTED you per Col 1:14 , so start with that if you want !!

You say , I attacked you personally ??

I can do that very easily , baby !!:argue::argue:

dan p

DAN P

I'm

Hi , and you believe that we can not know , we are saved , today ??

Got a verse for that ??

Paul does not say anything about OSAS ?

Why not , and explain Eph 2:5 and 8 , will you !!

What Judgment are you talking about ?

Got a verse ??

dan p

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I don't frequently disagree with you but I don't agree this time.

I appreciate that your faith is practical, but at this point you love Jesus and the Father so much that you keep his commandments and are enslaved to righteousness, right? His yolk is easy, sister, no one can pluck a believer from His hand. What problem could you have feeding his sheep?

Yes, Jesus' yoke is easy. Jesus does not teach us to gain worldly success of being wealthy, powerful in political world. that is very heavy burden to carry.

I strive to be faithful to Jesus because that's how we can come out of the world. Jesus tells us we are not of this world.

Accepting Jesus and believe in Him the beginning of salvation. If we neglect to obey Him, we will not be in Him.

Salvation is life long process, sister.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You are wrong. We in the body of Christ KNOW that when the Lord Jesus appears we shall be like Him:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" (1 Jn.3:2).​

Paul certainly understood that those in the Body of Christ would KNOW that this will happen to them. But you do not know.

What does that tell you?

It tells you you are skipping Jesus says "if you love Me keep my commands".

Salvation is life long process, not one time event of confession.

yeshuaslavejeff

this is 'true'(qualified) in several ways,
and especially (sorrowfully) on tol ---- just as in Scripture when it says "they honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me" and here on tol they mostly don't even honor the Creator at all..... !!!!

)written for anyone who might be passing by/ searching/ learning/ seeking the truth... be warned, test everything, test test test ! as Scripture says to, as YHWH SAYS TO TODAY.

meshak, one other 'help' to understand Scripturally some of the many ways believers are saved and what we are saved from and when ,
is the cfp , original , (christian fellowship publishers) , of watchman nee.
almost no one else in the last hundred years,
maybe no one else, but only Yhwh knows,
has
shown so clearly , all together in line with Scripture, revealing Scripture Truth with Wisdom of Yhwh and Understanding in Y'shua,
without promoting any denom (rather exposing their errors but very graciously and with a view to edifying and bringing to perfection in Yhwh's Plan)......

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Tom, I'll go to a debate with no preparation on any topic I know I know at zero's notice. I'm pretty sure I'm right. I certainly wouldn't go in KNOWING I am wrong.

So in a room of 100 like-people, all of them think they are right. All of them h ave different thoughts. So, they sit there and get snotty back and forth because God told them too.

If you don't admit you could be wrong, you will never be able to find out that you ARE wrong, if you are wrong.

God could have you hear to learn a mistake/error and you are too busy not listening to His chosen messengers/lessons that you reject Him.

You can't grow, if you think you have it all.

So why are you here if you know it all and can't be corrected? Just to help the rest of us poor saps? ( I don't mean you, I am using it in the general sense. )

If people would bow before God's word, they go to EXTRAordinary lengths to deny it or to make it say what they want...or they simply don't reply.

1PeaceMaker

Yes, Jesus' yoke is easy. Jesus does not teach us to gain worldly success of being wealthy, powerful in political world. that is very heavy burden to carry.

I thought the heavy burden would be being wealthy and powerful in worldly ways. The easiest and most comfortable lifestyle is surely to be poor by worldly standards. Your Fukushima politicians are on a cross for the world to keep their power. Right now they are planning to eat radioactive rice for 9 days to convince everyone else to eat it. They are both envied and hated all day every day. How miserable they must be all the time.

And sister, I don't believe Jesus said we must be impoverished. He told the rich young ruler to give everything away to show that he was covetous, to help him see his unbelief.

I believe He taught us to do to others as we would have them do to us. I don't wish to impoverish the wealthy but empower them to do good with fairly gotten gains.

I strive to be faithful to Jesus because that's how we can come out of the world. Jesus tells us we are not of this world.

John 17:15

And yes, we are not of this world. That is good news. It makes my life so much easier because while others feel obligated to vote, protest, lobby and sign petitions I can quietly fish for men's souls and feed His sheep.

Accepting Jesus and believe in Him the beginning of salvation. If we neglect to obey Him, we will not be in Him.

If we accept and believe in Jesus then it will be impossible to disobey him because we will have the heart change - because we love him. We will obey him because we love him, as he said. John 14:15 Ezekiel 36:26

Would you be able to tolerate the misery of disobeying Jesus now, Meshak? Wouldn't even the thought of doing it make you unhappy now?

Salvation is life long process, sister.

If you mean that it's a lifelong lifestyle of abiding everyday in your promise, I would agree. If you mean you think you are forcing yourself along your whole life, I think you are mistaken.