ECT I AM RIGHT

Heterodoxical

Knight has regularly noted that starting threads with odd titles is not conducive to aiding search engines for driving traffic to TOL. How about starting threads withe meaningful titles instead of trying to be clever?
As I was trying to address a pattern of behavior in here that is rampant, I went the route that addressed the audience. I didn't realize I needed to engage those who might be searching, as well. Knowing that, I can certainly appeal to that unknown audience, and will do so in the future.

For example, this thread would be appropriately entitled:

Heterodox complains about that which he practices daily- An examination of double-mindedness

AMR

You won't stop. When you are done :DK: and drawing yellow lines in the sand, discuss relevant points with me.

Or is all you are capable of, running, one line, pot shot, and run and hide tactics? I mean, we both know the answer to that somewhat rhetorical question, but it's a chance for you to change, and BE relevant, instead of posing as relevant.

Come, little man, engage in real discussion. I can keep the personal attacks out, can you? When I talk with "big boys" I can act like a big boy too. I tend to, after several attempts to do otherwise, mimic the behavior of those I address. When in Rome, and all that.

AMR, do you want to posture, or be relevant?

Do you want to say you are adult and intellectual

or show that you ARE adult and intellectual. :ha::box::ha:

1PeaceMaker

Coming back will always happen, if I can just figure out some floating standards this silliness will stop.
I wish you the best with that. :hammer:

LORD, is a human word used to describe God's relationship to us. It is chosen because how a LORD's relationship with His "minions" or people on his land, reflects how God's relationship with us is. It's an Anthropomorphism. It is not a precise and complete definition of God, and it does NOT hold a definition that contradicts how the word is used amongst humanity.

That being said, the Lord owns the land. Everyone on the land is there at his suffrance. It is His will they are ALLOWED to be there. ANything they produce belongs to the LORD. ALL their work is for their LORD. Their very offspring is for their LORD to take off to battle and kill if they wish. They live at the mercy of their LORD. THIS is the word, God chose to use, to describe His relationship with Him.

And the word is used by a wife to her husband. Yet the man has not power over his own body but the wife, same as the wife yields to her man. 1st Corinthians 7:4

Lord or not, the husband owes his wife his love, same as the great Lord owes His bride His love.

Versal references. Use the Christ is the vine, the LORD God is the gardener, and we are the branches. A branch doesn't exist without the vine, without the vine's providence/nutrients/water nor without the Vine's command to grow and exist there. The branch doesn't pick where on the Vine it will go. It has a spot, and it is to learn to do the job as best it can in that spot. WHEN the Branch bears fruit, the VINE produces the fruit, the branch ONLY gets to bear it. Or, hold it, present it to the world. The Branch is a tool the vine uses to bring His fruit to the world.

Then you have the comment that we are His tools for righteousness. Maybe it's instruments, but an instrument is a tool however you look at it. You have the Fruits of the SPirit... Which are either there or they aren't. IF they are there, it's because of the Spirit, not yourself.

Yes. So much of the time you have good theology behind your reasoning. If the Spirit left a man you have nothing but mud. You are a tool. But you are also elohiym, the offspring of God from conception and before. Your body is the temple of God's Holy Spirit or put another way, a space suit for the Son of God.

Are you and the Father one?

You have the commandment to love neighbor and God. Which the word for love there requires a work/demonstration to be with it.

No works = evidence of no faith.

You have Paul saying the biggest theological argument of His day was NOT important, but faith WORKING through love was. If we look at James' comments FAITH, will result in a work for God, who is Love.

If you go to the last chapter in Matt 25, the parable there, the ones who did the works for God, fed, clothed, etc... were the ones who were HIS. They were His tools for those other people, who God claimed as them doing work for Him.

Eph 4 says you are led by the Church to do works of service, and through those works, Christian Maturity comes. Those works, are executed by us, His tools.

His body.

The Church is described as a BODY, with Christ as the Mind. What are we? Toes, and fingers, and knees and buttocks, and.... What are those??? Those are tools the body uses. The fingers are used to hold the hammer or the food or the child. The feet are used to carry the body.

The body, doesn't take the mind places, the mind uses the tools to take IT places.

And I tell my children that they are my eyes and ears. They are my hands and feet. They are the apple of my eye. Christ is the head. The Holy Spirit, the Father, is the brains of the operation but that doesn't mean He failed to make us in His image.

He tells us to come and let us reason together.

God isn't Santa Claus. We serve HIM, He doesn't serve us.

He does too serve us. Jesus spoke for the Father and yet got down to wash his disciples' feet.

Do you let your toddler drive your car? We are Serfs.

Are you saying God has an elitist attitude? He drives my life but even from the passenger seat I can tell I'm a child, not a serf ...or a smurf. (although me and mine are about the right size and with a little blue body paint...)

The High priest serves GOD. The priests serve the High Priest. How can you NOT make the comparison? How could I not in the context I used it?

You know I believe that works are important. They reveal the heart. But you are wrong if you think that God is not indebted to us. Moreover, He constantly shows us that He thinks we are children, not strangers, outlaws or serfs or he would have fetched us to be hung in the village square already.

And if we would stop playing robinhood we'd realize that we are not under any laws that we cannot break. We aren't stealing God's royal game from His royal forests. We are hunting in our royal forests, and if we don't act like we believe it we could get ourselves killed out there.

me said:
He owes you something.
He is not God, then God is omnipotent. .

What of the Promise to Abraham? Didn't Moses prove that God was beholden to His Promise? And didn't God say to Abraham that "I am thy exceeding great reward?" And children are His reward. Psalm 127:3 Just like I would tell my kids, "I'm your treasure and you are mine."

God is obligated to Himself to have children and love them. To have a family for them. If God obligates himself to his own desires and principles concerning us does that make him less than omnipotent?

I can not enforce anything on God.

You don't think His love constrains Him? Like your love constrains you? 2 Corinthians 5:14

I can make no claims against Him, and I can take Him to no court if He doesn't meet my expectation. I ONLY exist at His mercy. Period. Anyway you slice it, that's that. If you think GOD OWES YOU SOMETHING, you have put yourself as more important than God, on something.

What is God without love? What is a Father without His Children?

Tell me, what happened if a SERF stormed into the castle screaming, or speaking emphatically, that The King owed him a new cow cause his old one died! The King is going to send him off to jail or have him flogged or beheaded. You don't speak to the King like that. In fact, IF you were granted audience, you would be obeissant, not proud. You would be poor of Sprit, not sure of Spirit. You would depend on Him, not demand on Him. You would keep your eyes from meeting His out of respect and deference. That's how you acted around a KING.

How does the King's son act around the King?

Now, WE are talking the LORD OF LORDS, or the King of Kings. This is the most important of all of those other kings. This KING the OTHER Kings look upon as we look upon our kings.
You owe no man anything but to love one another. Everyone we behold is a king, if they have taken the throne they were given. So we look upon our King as heavenly kings do.

He owes you nothing, and if He gives you anything, you will be happy and appreciative, and thank Him for His Mercy.

I thank Him for His mercy but I already have faith that He would come through in some way. I know he owes me His love, because He wants me to love perfectly the way He loves. He then tells me the only thing I owe is love. So the only thing He owes is love. God can no more choose to be immoral than to be unloving to his own offspring.

Anything less, has you as thinking you are more than God. And would show, He's not yet your king. Want verses again? Blessed are the Poor in Spirit. matt 5:6ish. Look up the word for "poor" there.

To be poor is to realize your need for the gospel. We do have something, though, the Promise. Once we realize we need it, we realize we have it.

In fact, while we realize we appear to have nothing, we know we actually have all things if we believe. 2 Corinthians 6:10

??? God has a debt. That's taking some guts to claim.

Proverbs 28:1

This verse doesn't mean your idea of that love is correct. 1 John 4:16-18 puts all of eternal life on one thing, Love.... the verses go together quite nicely. TY for the reference. If you think a Father's love means he owes you something, then it's not love, but it's a debt. It's not Grace but a fulfillment.

Then he tells us to owe each other our love. Considering that we are to love as we are loved by God, either that scripture is a non-sequitur or you can owe a person your love based on their value to you.

me said:
Jesus preached eternal security on earth
It's a different life. There is nothing that says it's eternal security.

What part of "He that believeth in me shall never die", do you not understand?

There is nothing that says it's not either.

Come on, maybe if you keep looking hard enough you'll find it... :rolleyes:

But, the truth is, you don't know what it is.

It's "never dying."

So, if you are wrong, and stand before God, are you going to argue with Him?

Like Moses I can rely on the Promise. I will speak to my Father as a child would speak to their parent.

Or admit HE is LORD of Lords, and KING of Kings, and that you will gladly take what He will give?

I've never been not glad and I've never had a higher authority than my Daddy.

No, I don't. I don't have to explain why God would do anything. I am not HIS Keeper, HE is MY keeper.

"Thy Word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee."

I keep Him, the Word, because if I do, I can bear testimony about my Father, I am His keeper to say that I know where He is, in my heart and He made me in His image. So I know He loves me like I love my kids. The danger is not God revoking His love, but us destroying ourselves because we do not accept that we are holy royal offspring with the power to destroy ourselves.

I can explain to you that you are wrong. You can't explain. Therefore, I win this debate. Can you see that?

Last edited:

1PeaceMaker

We can be God's family if we choose to. We will be approved by Him if we are sincere and honest servants.

Actually, find it in scripture that first you are a servant, then a son. You won't be able to, but you can find talk about being sons who run away, who don't believe their father will take them in. Jesus especially talks about this principle.

Men think they are bastards when really His sons were lied to about their Father. This falsehood makes them act like bastards and if they do not change their beliefs they will perish from their ways.

We can love God and one love one another if we strive to understand Jesus' teaching and obey His teachings and commands.

Yes, but it will become natural to us. Like breathing.

Jesus teaching is that the Father loves us more than many sparrows. If we understand this then to follow his teachings is as easy as loving your family.

Jesus is the Teacher of love, sister.

blessings.

Amen, sister. Blessings to you in return.

Heterodoxical

And the word is used by a wife to her husband. Yet the man has not power over his own body but the wife, same as the wife yields to her man. 1st Corinthians 7:4
Not sure where LORD is used by wife over husband.

Lord or not, the husband owes his wife his love, same as the great Lord owes His bride His love.
We don't disagree on the love part. I'm on record as stating that is the SINGLE and ONLY determinant of if you are God's or not. We don't disagree on love. I think you are taking two different points, and trying to make them one point. God is LORD to us as a race. He is married to the Church, but not to me personally, except that I'm part of the Church, hopefully. There is not as personal a claim in that marriage when you realize the marriage is to the body of Christ/Church.

Yes. So much of the time you have good theology behind your reasoning. If the Spirit left a man you have nothing but mud. You are a tool. But you are also elohiym, the offspring of God from conception and before. Your body is the temple of God's Holy Spirit or put another way, a space suit for the Son of God.

You go a little too Robert Heinlein here for my tastes. But the gist of what you say we'd be ok on. Some of your particulars I'll roll up and spit at you like a spitball...
Are you and the Father one?
That isn't for me to proclaim, that's His province. If I even dwell on it, I'm putting myself as first importance over Him.

However, scripture says if that is so, then I love as He does. I don't think I'm there yet. That seems a bit beyond me still. It also says that I no longer sin, and I'm quite sure I still do that. So my belief is most likely, not. It would be the same for most folks in here, although I couldn't presume to know who.

No works = evidence of no faith.
affirmative.
His body.

???? it specifically says we are tools of His righteousness. In some instances he refers to the body of Christ which is the Church, and sometimes to the individuals IN the body. Those can't be interchanged without changing the meaning of the message. Depending on the conversation, and the point, we may be referred to as either.

And I tell my children that they are my eyes and ears. They are my hands and feet. They are the apple of my eye. Christ is the head. The Holy Spirit, the Father, is the brains of the operation but that doesn't mean He failed to make us in His image.
THen you are telling your children they are tools. Don't read an insult in where there isn't one.

This is a both/and, situation not an either/or situation.

He tells us to come and let us reason together.

Not sure what this has to do with anything. But, yes, he teaches me through my discussing/arguing with you.

He does too serve us. Jesus spoke for the Father and yet got down to wash his disciples' feet.
Make up your mind. Is HE the head, or are we? Do the feet obey the head, or the head obey the feet? Washing their feet was an example of love, and an evidence that love manifests into a servant attitude. On earth, Jesus was different than He was / is as the Word which became flesh. As the Son of Man, he lived as a Man and was NOT Lord of anything at that time, other than the disciples. He was not ruling over Kings as the Lord of Lords/King of Kings role when the Messiah returns will be. His human role is done, fulfilled. Now He is Lord of Lords in truth. We don't hold expectations on the King of all Kings. We wouldn't hold expectations on the Kings on earth. (not that there are any...) KING OF KINGS holds a point of hugely substantial obeisance expected of us. Having expectations of him doing everything for us as if he were Santa is hugely missing the point.

Are you saying God has an elitist attitude?
Hehehe God is the very definition of Elite. Whatever attitude He has is Elite....

He drives my life but even from the passenger seat I can tell I'm a child, not a serf ...or a smurf. (although me and mine are about the right size and with a little blue body paint...)
:) what do you think SERF means?

Definition of serf (n)
Bing Dictionary
serf[ surf ]
medieval farmworker: an agricultural worker, especially in feudal Europe, who cultivated land belonging to a landowner, and who was bought and sold with the land

Depending on the point being made in the verse, you are either child or serf for that conversation. There is no denying we are the tools he does His work through. Right? In that capacity, we will always be serfs, or servants, or subservient.

You know I believe that works are important. They reveal the heart. But you are wrong if you think that God is not indebted to us.
How, can an omnipotent being be indebted to anyone. :-|

Moreover, He constantly shows us that He thinks we are children, not strangers, outlaws or serfs or he would have fetched us to be hung in the village square already.
If you think serf goes with strangers and outlaws, that is the issue between us right off.

And if we would stop playing robinhood we'd realize that we are not under any laws that we cannot break. We aren't stealing God's royal game from His royal forests. We are hunting in our royal forests, and if we don't act like we believe it we could get ourselves killed out there.
Yeah, we see how well that worked for Adam, taking from the forest as if it were his, and not following the rules laid out by the actual LORD of the land. :) You sure you wanna ride with that one?

What of the Promise to Abraham? Didn't Moses prove that God was beholden to His Promise? And didn't God say to Abraham that "I am thy exceeding great reward?" And children are His reward. Psalm 127:3 Just like I would tell my kids, "I'm your treasure and you are mine."
There is a difference in God fulfilling His promise, and you expecting Him to fulfill YOUR interpretation of HIS promises... As soon as we admit, we could be wrong on our interpretations, we start to actually live by faith. As soon as we realize we are totally dependent on Him to keep His promises, we can become poor in Spirit. Until then, we are missing the point. Being strong in Spirit takes you away from, not to Him.

God is obligated to Himself to have children and love them. To have a family for them. If God obligates himself to his own desires and principles concerning us does that make him less than omnipotent?
Nope, but you aren't talking about His obligation to Himself. You are discussing YOUR interpretation of His obligation. :) Which puts your expectations, of His Will.

You don't think His love constrains Him? Like your love constrains you? 2 Corinthians 5:14
Do you presume to claim to know the fullness of GOd's love, and what it's ramifications are? If not, then admit you can't "expect" from Him, as you can't understand Him.

And my point was, I can't enforce on Him. Not He can't enforce on Himself.

What is God without love? What is a Father without His Children?
He is GOD. Perhaps we need to discuss what GOD is. :) The jews, recognized God's ROYALNESS to the point of not looking at Him, not touching Him, not even saying or writing His name, nor the name we have for Him. They showed the King, His reverance. You are like, "Yo GOD, WazzzuuuupppppPP?! Whadda ya say we go get some food from the fish market, and feed those folks over there!"

How does the King's son act around the King?
In total obeisance.

You do realize that IF he was KING, then all the lands, were His, right? Someone "owned", more like occupied, land at HIS appointment. We are there/here to work the land. We are here to love the neighbors. We are here to carry the Gospel. We are Here to be His instruments to execute His will on earth. You can be His child if you wish to be so precocious, but even IF, you are still His tool that He will use. The tool serves the hand, not the hand serves the tool. Although, the hand will take care of the tool, so it can do it's job.

You owe no man anything but to love one another.
God is not a man.
Everyone we behold is a king, if they have taken the throne they were given.
Now you totally redefine the context the term is used in. :) At this point we lost the common ground to discuss it.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus teaching is that the Father loves us more than many sparrows. If we understand this then to follow his teachings is as easy as loving your family.

I don't think we are getting anywhere. What are you getting at, sister?

I don't get your point of our discourse.

blessings.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Just wanted your attention.

This will be addressed to only particular people, and they will know who they are. The rest of you will know the type of people it's addressed to.

Why do you come to a discussion board, and then behave as if everyone was supposed to agree with you, pat your back and praise you after God only?

How can you presume you are right on everything to the point you don't even need to CONSIDER other people's views, it's beneath you?

It's a discussion board. That pretty much assumes people aren't expecting to be right. Therefore people shouldn't show up if their only intent is to show everyone how right they are and try to force agreement with them.

If you are so insecure in your beliefs, that any objection causes you to freak out, you are too short for this ride. If you aren't freaking out, you don't need to defensively lash out from fear. And you will deny you are afraid, so you can save face, after all you are here to win approval, not discuss God and find truth. So, you are nothing if not consistent.

When was the last time you changed your mind on something theologically? Does that scare you?

When was the last time, you actually read the other person's post more than once or twice, so you could make sure you understood it before you opened your mouth and proved you were a fool?

Are you here for man's approval, or to discuss God? If you are here to "discuss" would you kindly shut the front door long enough to discuss and address, and consider, and bring logical conclusions to the other people's comments rather than just object, deny, reflect, deflect, ignore, and contradict?

I'm really curious, why can't you just talk about faith, without having to be right? <<<< is the point of the thread.
IMG_1426.jpg

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Wow, I didn't realize the pressure you had yourself under there, Clete! ;)
I was sent that graphic just two days ago by a friend of mine and then you posted something about this thread and, when I read the opening post, I realized it fit and so couldn't resist posting it. :)

I don't remember Heterodoxical. He seems like someone I would get along with. It's too bad he's not around any longer.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I remember Het. Used to enjoy reading his posts, his discussions with others. Don't remember ever posting to him.

And talk about a blast from the past! Meshackles, still banned. 😅