ECT I AM RIGHT

Jerry Shugart

It tells you you are skipping Jesus says "if you love Me keep my commands".

Salvation is life long process, not one time event of confession.

Once a person believes He is given eternal life (Jn.5:24). And the Lord Jesus says that those to whom He has given eternal life "shall never persish (Jn.10:28)."

But these facts are evidently too difficult for you to understand.

According to your ideas those to whom the Lord Jesus gives eternal life can perish.

Do you not know that it is those who "believe God" who are saved and not those who deny His words?:

"For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness" (Ro.4:3).​

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I thought the heavy burden would be being wealthy and powerful in worldly ways.

I agree with you:)

The easiest and most comfortable lifestyle is surely to be poor by worldly standards. Your Fukushima politicians are on a cross for the world to keep their power. Right now they are planning to eat radioactive rice for 9 days to convince everyone else to eat it. They are both envied and hated all day every day. How miserable they must be all the time.

Japanese people don't know Jesus. They are very worldly. Their value system is not godly.

And sister, I don't believe Jesus said we must be impoverished. He told the rich young ruler to give everything away to show that he was covetous, to help him see his unbelief.

Jesus does not want us to be greedy. He want us to be happy with just minimum standard so we can help others in need. If we live like the rest of the world, there is no way we can help the needy.

I believe He taught us to do to others as we would have them do to us. I don't wish to impoverish the wealthy but empower them to do good with fairly gotten gains.

I think Jesus teaching His followers to give all you have for the needy.

And yes, we are not of this world. That is good news. It makes my life so much easier because while others feel obligated to vote, protest, lobby and sign petitions I can quietly fish for men's souls and feed His sheep.

amen sister.:)

If we accept and believe in Jesus then it will be impossible to disobey him because we will have the heart change - because we love him. We will obey him because we love him, as he said. John 14:15 Ezekiel 36:26

Yes.

Would you be able to tolerate the misery of disobeying Jesus now, Meshak? Wouldn't even the thought of doing it make you unhappy now?

I am only concerned of spreading true Jesus, not half, distorted Jesus.

Jesus is well known as war monger. Jesus is prince of peace.

If you mean that it's a lifelong lifestyle of abiding everyday in your promise, I would agree. If you mean you think you are forcing yourself along your whole life, I think you are mistaken.

I am not forcing, I have room to grow. Jesus is way up there, sister.

I am still worldly and I need to grow. I hope I can grow until I die.

Last edited:

Heterodoxical

If people would bow before God's word, they go to EXTRAordinary lengths to deny it or to make it say what they want...or they simply don't reply.

Well, fairly, we are ALL guilty of that at times. But I don't get why folks can't allow themselves the luxury, (and fact), that they are wrong sometimes and it's GOOD not bad to find those times. And, the only way to learn that, is to listen to others when they criticize you and consider their views.

Heterodoxical

Hi , and you believe that we can not know , we are saved , today ??

Got a verse for that ??
Other than He is LORD of Lords? And the serfs don't run the castle??? Other than that? That the King judges, and no matter if Robin thought he could kill a stag in the forest, and had ALL THE FAITH in the world it was legal, or not, the King decides if he is punished? Other than God owes you N*o*t*h*i*n*g?

Paul does not say anything about OSAS ?
No he does not. you cram maturation and salvation words together, like mixing oil and water and calling it soup!

Why not , and explain Eph 2:5 and 8 , will you !!

What is to explain? There is nothing about OSAS in there. Are you nuts? Do you live in AZ and stayed in the sun to long?

Vs 5 explains, the comments following are for those who were formerly in the flesh. It doesn't cover those who are under Grace, but are still in the FLesh. And yes, I have verses out the wazzooo that will show there are people in the Church who are in AND out of the flesh. Or mature and immature. Or milk and Meat, Or perfect, and imperfect. Or walking in the Spirit and NOT walking in the Spirit, yet. Or Indwelled by the Flesh, OR by the Spirit, but never both.

What Judgment are you talking about ?
You will either be in the Lambs book of life line, or the line to judgement. To determine which line,was there not a judgement made?

Got a verse ??
dan p

You asking for a verse, is like a 3rd grader asking to understand the chemical reaction of caustics and acids. Why do you ask for what you never respond to, or understand.

Heterodoxical

The following is my first post on the thread which you started, "The blood of Christ does not save you!" Anyone in their right mind can see that I engaged the your false assertion:
Spoken by the person with the weak argument and a need to attack the personal rather than the logical.

There are thee principles whereby a person is justified in the eyes of God. Not just one.
No, there are 3 principles, you think you have deduced. There is no comment anywhere to affirm that claim directly, and show it is nothing more than human deduction, susceptible to hubris, error, ignorance, and just plain Dumb!

"Since we have now been justified by His blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through Him!" (Ro. 5: 9).​

The sentence upon sin is death: "For the wages of sin is death" (Ro. 6: 23). Therefore, when a man sins the sentence upon him is death. No amount of good deeds can bring him righteousness after he sins. If he is ever to be justified in the sight of God it must be by the penalty being paid. He must be justified by death, "justified by blood" (Ro. 5: 9).

"justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro. 3: 21).​

If no amount of good works can bring about a sinner being made "right" with God then he must be made right by some method independent of himself. The Scriptures declare that the sinner is "without strength": "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly" (Ro. 5: 6).

Since the sinner is without strength then he cannot save himself and therefore if he is going to be saved then salvation must come to him as a "free gift": "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Ro. 6: 23).

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God" (Ro. 5: 1-2).​

There is nothing meritious in believing something that is absolutely true. So "faith" is the principle whereby a person has access to God's grace as well as the blessings which flow from the Cross.

Jerry, the questions are on the table.

Do you think that blood forces God's hand?
If not forced, why does that blood bring God's Grace?

Is that blood magical and supersedes God's dictates?

Because, dearest, hubris laden, smug, snotty, Jerry, if that blood does not FORCE God to dismiss those sins, then God makes a willing choice, (we call it Grace), to allow those sins to be dismissed from your "ledger". That ledger is what is Justified. You have a piece of paper with a line down the middle. Your sins are on the left, and the balance owed is left lacking on the Right.

When it says justified, that means that Jesus sits on the right to balance those sins.

God is not forced to forgive your sins. That's about 2nd grade thinking, boy. God does so willingly.

Without God's promise and assurance that Jesus on the cross would do anything for you, it would do nothing for you.

Therefore it's His Grace, and His Grace alone that provides ANY forgiveness of your sins, not the blood.

Heterodoxical

Hi , any time that you are ready , and I have already MOOTED you per Col 1:14 , so start with that if you want !!

You say , I attacked you personally ??

I can do that very easily , baby !!:argue::argue:

dan p

The OP made a claim. It provided reasoning, and rather than address that, your comment was focused to me.

That is you, avoiding the thinking. That is you attacking me.

Col 1:14 doesn't mute, nor make moot anything I have said. You can show your answer to this, on the post just above.

1PeaceMaker

Am I right? How are you going to prove I'm not? I need to see that before changing my mind, Hetero.

what is this associated with????

You are ranting about people claiming they are right. I'm a person who claims to be right. It's implicit in my position as I try to ask you, over and over again, do you agree, am I right? It's your job to judge, my job to ask. I expect nothing different from anyone here.

Technically I guess "I just wanted your attention" (the words in your OP) because you were procrastinating on getting back to me on the other thread. I feel it was easier for you to argue with "wronger-people" than make up your mind and take a stand about why God loves you and why you love your brother.

I am willing to consider your opinions but you can't claim you've offered me counterpoints. Where's your willingness to change your opinion on whether or not you can know if you've believed to the saving of your soul?

I'm really curious, why can't you just talk about faith, without having to be right? <<<< is the point of the thread.

Since you are asking others you might as well answer this for yourself. You keep ignoring two questions I pose to you, and insist I've offered you nothing to change your mind.

Here are the two questions again;

Why does God love you?

What's your reason to love your brother?

These questions are not trivial.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry, the questions are on the table.

Do you think that blood forces God's hand?

Of course not. God is love and since He was all men to be saved it was He Himself who decided that He would justify man through the blood of the Lamb.

If not forced, why does that blood bring God's Grace?

The Lord could not justify anyone by grace except for the blood of the Lamb:

"Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24).​

Our "redemption" is by the blood of the Lord Jesus and nothing else:

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (1 Pet.1:18-19).​

Is that blood magical and supersedes God's dictates?

No one said that it is magical but apart from the Lord Jesus' death upon the Cross no one is redeemed and brought to God. And nothing about that "supercedes" the dictates of God because it was God Himself who dictated the way that He would saved the Lost and bring them to Himself.

If you have a problem with that then take it up with God.

All you prove with your stupid questions is the fact that you no like the way that God Himself chose to redeem the lost and bring them to Himself.

And it is obvious that you do not understand His ways when you say that Christ's blood does not save anyone.

1PeaceMaker

Jesus does not want us to be greedy. He want us to be happy with just minimum standard so we can help others in need.

He tells us to be content with our wages. Luke 3:14 Hebrews 13:5 makes the same point. Whatever we have, be it much or little we should be content.

If we live like the rest of the world, there is no way we can help the needy.

I agree the world economy is designed to keep us stretched thin and in debt so that we may consume excesses of useless junk and not having enough left over to share. It's a blessing to do more with less.

I think Jesus teaching His followers to give all you have for the needy.
I have 6 children who are worthy of all those things, too, braces and whatever other care in addition to good food, shelter and clothing. For us, we do well to live within our means and take care of our family while blessing others with information that can save them money or hardship. I am not supposed to give their money away to people who don't know how to spend it wisely.

I am only concerned of spreading true Jesus, not half, distorted Jesus.

I see that. Bless you.

Jesus is well known as war monger. Jesus is prince of peace.

Yes, Jesus is the prince of peace. I work very hard at teaching the ways of peace to 6 children. That's one good reason for my chosen username.

I am not forcing, I have room to grow. Jesus is way up there, sister.

But if you are bearing good fruit it does not matter if you are bearing less in your mind than him. You cannot bear bad fruit, that's receiving him and inheriting eternal life. Jesus, the son of God, is your brother and you and he are loved for the same reason, you are the precious offspring of God. As long as you know that's the reason you are loved you will have no trouble bearing all the good fruit you can.

I am still worldly and I need to grow. I hope I can grow until I die.

Grow in the knowledge that you are greatly loved for a very good reason and that reason is the same reason you love your brothers and sisters.

1PeaceMaker

That's a lot of work, bless you sister:)

And you have many children, don't you? I do not speak of children you birthed but the ones you bless with the new testaments you give (doormat told me about your recent ministry).

The point is to care for others and do for them what you would want done for you. You wouldn't want another woman to be so burdened with a desire to follow Jesus that she didn't spend time keeping her marriage happy. If you don't give all your money away and live in a cardboard box under a bridge because you have a husband to keep happy, then I don't see any words of Jesus condemning you.

His burden is light and he will only motivate you to better everyone's life, not trash yours to give to others. Those who need to give everything away are those who are constantly coveting no matter how much they are given.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
And you have many children, don't you? I do not speak of children you birthed but the ones you bless with the new testaments you give (doormat told me about your recent ministry).

The point is to care for others and do for them what you would want done for you. You wouldn't want another woman to be so burdened with a desire to follow Jesus that she didn't spend time keeping her marriage happy. If you don't give all your money away and live in a cardboard box under a bridge because you have a husband to keep happy, then I don't see any words of Jesus condemning you.

His burden is light and he will only motivate you to better everyone's life, not trash yours to give to others. Those who need to give everything away are those who are constantly coveting no matter how much they are given.

Yes, we all have to take care of our own family too. Jesus knows that. But He still gives us power to give if we desire to do so. I am sure you are doing that too.