How Protestants got sucked into the Rapture

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
It doesn't fit what they see as they look out at things from where they have learned to look at things from.

All issues basically boil down to that.

Lol - only two kinds of people in the world; those who say there are only two kinds of people in the world, and those who say there are not.

Yeah, I know.

I find myself hoping that by pointing some things out, that some might give up their unfounded position and actually embrace and believe the Scripture.

SaulToPaul 2

:mock: Dispensationism's fly away doctrine.

Is this prophesying of the evil dispensationalism?

Zech 5
5 Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a flying roll.

2 And he said unto me, What seest thou? And I answered, I see a flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits.

3 Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it.

daqq

Zech 5

2 And he said unto me, What seest thou? And I answered, I see a flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits.

3 Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it.

The flying scroll is the same dimensions as the Porch of the Solomon Temple, (twenty by ten cubits) and represents the same scroll written on both sides in Rev 5&6, (Rev 6:14 is the opening up of the heavenly Temple, that is, the Porch which is represented by the flying scroll). Note the similarities in the verse which follows what you quoted, (Zechariah 5:4) with Leviticus 14 and the house of any man who dwells in the Land:

Zechariah 5:4 KJV
4. I will bring it forth, saith the Lord of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by my name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof.

If a dweller in the Land does not believe there may be "leprosy" in the walls of his "house" then I suppose he has no need of the Priest, (the Physician and Doctor of the Law). But the Father says that He Himself will put the plague of leprosy in the walls of a house; and I suppose the very reason is to see if indeed His people will come to His Priest to have the house set right:

Leviticus 14:33-45 KJV
33. And the Lord spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying,
34. When ye be come into the land of Canaan, which I give to you for a possession, and I put the plague of leprosy in a house of the land of your possession;
35. And he that owneth the house shall come and tell the priest, saying, It seemeth to me there is as it were a plague in the house:
36. Then the priest shall command that they empty the house, before the priest go into it to see the plague, that all that is in the house be not made unclean: and afterward the priest shall go in to see the house:
37. And he shall look on the plague, and, behold, if the plague be in the walls of the house with hollow strakes, greenish or reddish, which in sight are lower than the wall;
38. Then the priest shall go out of the house to the door of the house, and shut up the house seven days:
39. And the priest shall come again the seventh day, and shall look: and, behold, if the plague be spread in the walls of the house;
40. Then the priest shall command that they take away the stones in which the plague is, and they shall cast them into an unclean place without the city:
41. And he shall cause the house to be scraped within round about, and they shall pour out the dust that they scrape off without the city into an unclean place:
42. And they shall take other stones, and put them in the place of those stones; and he shall take other morter, and shall plaister the house.
43. And if the plague come again, and break out in the house, after that he hath taken away the stones, and after he hath scraped the house, and after it is plaistered;
44. Then the priest shall come and look, and, behold, if the plague be spread in the house, it is a fretting leprosy in the house; it is unclean.
45. And he shall break down the house, the stones of it, and the timber thereof, and all the morter of the house; and he shall carry them forth out of the city into an unclean place.

So then if you have "the plague of leprosy" in the walls of your house you go to the Priest and explain to him, "It seems to me that there is as it were the plague of leprosy in the walls of the house", (the flesh) and an appointed time will be set: and when the Priest comes, then the contents inside your house, (YOU) must be emptied out so that the contents be not made unclean, (call no man unclean and the man is not his house). Then shall your house be cleansed. And if the house need be completely demolished, with all the timbers and stones thereof, fear not, for we have a heavenly tabernacle not made with hands with which to be clothed upon from above in the appointed time, (a day which no man knows; the Father only knows it). :)

RBBI

The flying scroll is the same dimensions as the Porch of the Solomon Temple, (twenty by ten cubits) and represents the same scroll written on both sides in Rev 5&6, (Rev 6:14 is the opening up of the heavenly Temple, that is, the Porch which is represented by the flying scroll). Note the similarities in the verse which follows what you quoted, (Zechariah 5:4) with Leviticus 14 and the house of any man who dwells in the Land:

Zechariah 5:4 KJV
4. I will bring it forth, saith the Lord of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by my name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof.

If a dweller in the Land does not believe there may be "leprosy" in the walls of his "house" then I suppose he has no need of the Priest, (the Physician and Doctor of the Law). But the Father says that He Himself will put the plague of leprosy in the walls of a house; and I suppose the very reason is to see if indeed His people will come to His Priest to have the house set right:

Leviticus 14:33-45 KJV
33. And the Lord spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying,
34. When ye be come into the land of Canaan, which I give to you for a possession, and I put the plague of leprosy in a house of the land of your possession;
35. And he that owneth the house shall come and tell the priest, saying, It seemeth to me there is as it were a plague in the house:
36. Then the priest shall command that they empty the house, before the priest go into it to see the plague, that all that is in the house be not made unclean: and afterward the priest shall go in to see the house:
37. And he shall look on the plague, and, behold, if the plague be in the walls of the house with hollow strakes, greenish or reddish, which in sight are lower than the wall;
38. Then the priest shall go out of the house to the door of the house, and shut up the house seven days:
39. And the priest shall come again the seventh day, and shall look: and, behold, if the plague be spread in the walls of the house;
40. Then the priest shall command that they take away the stones in which the plague is, and they shall cast them into an unclean place without the city:
41. And he shall cause the house to be scraped within round about, and they shall pour out the dust that they scrape off without the city into an unclean place:
42. And they shall take other stones, and put them in the place of those stones; and he shall take other morter, and shall plaister the house.
43. And if the plague come again, and break out in the house, after that he hath taken away the stones, and after he hath scraped the house, and after it is plaistered;
44. Then the priest shall come and look, and, behold, if the plague be spread in the house, it is a fretting leprosy in the house; it is unclean.
45. And he shall break down the house, the stones of it, and the timber thereof, and all the morter of the house; and he shall carry them forth out of the city into an unclean place.

So then if you have "the plague of leprosy" in the walls of your house you go to the Priest and explain to him, "It seems to me that there is as it were the plague of leprosy in the walls of the house", (the flesh) and an appointed time will be set: and when the Priest comes, then the contents inside your house, (YOU) must be emptied out so that the contents be not made unclean, (call no man unclean and the man is not his house). Then shall your house be cleansed. And if the house need be completely demolished, with all the timbers and stones thereof, fear not, for we have a heavenly tabernacle not made with hands with which to be clothed upon from above in the appointed time, (a day which no man knows; the Father only knows it). :)

Good post. What a difference it makes when you study the PATTERN. Like night and day, Amen? Peace

RBBI

The word 'rapture' is a Latin derived word from the Latin Vulgate Bible, which uses the word to translate the Greek word 'harpazo' which is translated in the English, 'caught up' in 1Thess 4:17.

To say the word 'rapture' is not in the Bible is to say it's not in the English Bibles, but the concept is there and communicated by different words, 'caught up'.

Many quibble about the word 'rapture', all the while ignoring or denying what the Scripture says about believers being 'caught up' to meet the Lord in the air.

The Lord Himself will descend from heaven to gather His own unto Himself.

Too bad, professing Christians don't believe what is plainly said about this.

I've said many times before, "I can understand why believers argue about the timing of the rapture, but I can't, for the life of me, understand why they deny the fact of the rapture".

I didn't ignore it. I hit it head on here.....

Further; the single verse used to support flying away, needs to be dissected also. Like clouds, for instance. Clouds are the smallest particle of something, DUST and water vapor, Adam was taken from the dust of the earth. Men are called clouds without water (no Spirit guiding them) in Jude. We are told that a prophet like unto Moses would be raised up; well, Moses was told to meet Him in the cloud, the cloud being the cloud of incense which we are told represent the prayers of the saints.

Clouds of incense ASCEND. Prayers ASCEND. Flesh DOES NOT ASCEND, except in one way. Make of yourselves a LIVING SACRIFICE, tied down with cords of love that cannot be broken. Those saints under the altar in Revelation? They got there only one way, and that is through the grate on top of it, consumed by fire, until the offering makes a sweet smelling savor unto the Lord.

You want your rapture? There it is, and it's not for the fearful and unbelieving willing to let their brethren face all the destruction they imagine while they sail away.

Now let's reason this out. If they called men clouds without water, and those men were ON THE GROUND, then common sense dictates that other men are clouds WITH WATER, and they too are on the ground. The word for dust and clouds runs into the same root words in Hebrew. Why? Because clouds are dust. Men were taken from the dust and to the dust they will return.

The only question is their choice in how they become dust, which I also addressed with the grate. No greater love has any man than this.....

Now let's address Him coming in the clouds. How did He come the first time? IN THE FLESH THAT IS DUST. How will He come the second time? IN THE FLESH THAT IS DUST, A MANY MEMBERED CLOUD, that instead of being on the ground where HaSatan was ordered to EAT DUST, RAISED UP/CAUGHT UP, IN HIM, in the firmament, which is heaven. Heaven is not a location, but a state of being. Which is why Yeshua basically said to Nicodemus, I'm standing right here in front of you, but I'm in heaven.

Now the thing about this firmament called heaven is, heaven means literally, something heaved up, LIKE A MOUNTAIN. Let's see now; remember something about men coming up to a mountain to all be taught of the Lord? This is the same mountain that started small and increased. And CHRIST IS, the firmament and the mountain, which is why Christ IN YOU is the hope of glory. It's not THE glory, but the hope of it. And deferred hope maketh the heart sick, and that is what this rapture literal nonsense is doing to the body, giving them a false hope, making their heart sick.

Then what does the scripture say? There are many sick and dying among you because you HAVE NOT DISCERNED THE LORD'S BODY? The Lord is SPIRIT now, hereafter we'll not know Him after the flesh, but after the Spirit. We are caught up IN THE SPIRIT, where the Lord is. Your flesh body profits NOTHING. Peace

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Zech 5

Not just dispensationism.:nono:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Hilarious....loved the song. Boy, you realize how much time has passed when you hear something you heard in high school, don't you? At least we had intelligible words in music, with real musicians. Today's rap is.....don't get me started....:chuckle:

Yep.

Been some time back.

My ear works better these days, I love seeing the Lord in the land of the living.

Romans 10:8 KJV

8 But what saith it ? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is , the word of faith, which we preach ;

Psalm 119:43 KJV

43 And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments.

Proverbs 15:23 KJV

23 A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Now the thing about this firmament called heaven is, heaven means literally, something heaved up, LIKE A MOUNTAIN. Let's see now; remember something about men coming up to a mountain to all be taught of the Lord? This is the same mountain that started small and increased. And CHRIST IS, the firmament and the mountain, which is why Christ IN YOU is the hope of glory. It's not THE glory, but the hope of it. And deferred hope maketh the heart sick, and that is what this rapture literal nonsense is doing to the body, giving them a false hope, making their heart sick.

Peace

Wild mountain honey. :jawdrop: :cheers:

RBBI

Wild mountain honey. :jawdrop: :cheers:

Yep. Just as David killed the lion, we have to see the lion as slain to get the honeycomb that enlightens the eyes with wisdom, but you can't get most of them to see it as slain. They'd rather prop it's dead body up and worship it, and throw the honey away to some other passing bear (means slow moving). Fortunately, David slays bears too. :chuckle:

Livelystone

Looks like that fly away doctrine aint looked upon to kindly by God.

Ezekiel 13:20 KJV

20 Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly , and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go , even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly .

Hmmmm......... "pillows" dreaming for what will never happen

Good post, and thanks for sharing the supporting scripture. To bad others (most) cannot connect the dots

Livelystone

And hers was the Post-Trib view popular in her day. She never did espouse a Pre-Trib Rapture.
NEXT!!!

Baloney (saying it very kindly)

I am going to call BS on your unsupported words....... or more plainly said you need to come up with some supporting evidence that supports the position you have taken of a POST TRIB RAPTURE being the popular view in her day, as well as and I quote you, "SHE NEVER DID ESPOUSE A PRE-TRIB RAPTURE"...... is more than just a figment of your imagination

Truth is she imagined a rapture in the order of the popular belief of that time period that supported a time linear revelation of events as depicted in the order they are listed in the scriptures with the tribulation occurring in the same order the Book of Revelation appears after IThes. 4:16-18

It is not just that you are wrong, and way wrong at that! I would like to see proof backing up your claims of her supporting a post trib rapture doctrine have more support than just your own wishful IMAGINATION AKA "dreams" as all rapture supporters are known to be suffering from! :chuckle:

Fair enough?

I was sucked into the theology of the rapture a long, long time ago. This happened when I learned those parts of the Bible. If anybody wonders, last I checked, those verses are still there.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The Rapture was invented by Roman Catholics trying to counter the
identification of the Vatican as the Great harlot.

Then Darby, and Scofield, and Hal Lindsay popularized the Rapture,
and now many Protestants think that the Rapture is some kind of Protestant doctrine.

Already proven false -

Irenaeus(130 ad to 202 ad) in his writing "Against Heresies - 5.29"

“Those nations however, who did not of themselves raise up their eyes unto heaven, nor returned thanks to their Maker, nor wished to behold the light of truth, but who were like blind mice concealed in the depths of ignorance, the word justly reckons “as waste water from a sink, and as the turning-weight of a balance — in fact, as nothing;”(1) so far useful and serviceable to the just, as stubble conduces towards the growth of the wheat, and its straw, by means of combustion, serves for working gold. And therefore, when in the end the Church shall be suddenly caught up from this, it is said, “There shall be tribulation such as has not been since the beginning, neither shall be.”(2) For this is the last contest of the righteous, in which, when they overcome they are crowned with incorruption.”

Cyprian (200 AD – 258 AD) In "Treatises of Cyprian":

“We who see that terrible things have begun, and know that still more terrible things are imminent, may regard it as the greatest advantage to depart from it as quickly as possible. Do you not give God thanks, do you not congratulate yourself, that by an early departure you are taken away, and delivered from the shipwrecks and disasters that are imminent? Let us greet the day which assigns each of us to his own home, which snatches us hence, and sets us free from the snares of the world and restores us to paradise and the kingdom.”

Ephraim The Syrian (306 AD – 373 AD) In his work, "On The Last Times 2", he wrote:

..Or do you not believe unless you see with your eyes? See to it that this sentence be not fulfilled among you of the prophet who declares: “Woe to those who desire to see the day of the Lord!” For all the saints and elect of God are gathered, prior to the tribulation that is to come, and are taken to the Lord lest they see the confusion that is to overwhelm the world because of our sins. And so, brothers most dear to me, it is the eleventh hour, and the end of the world comes to the harvest, and angels, armed and prepared, hold sickles in their hands, awaiting the empire of the Lord. And we think that the earth exists with blind infidelity, arriving at its downfall early. Commotions are brought forth, wars of diverse peoples and battles and incursions of the barbarians threaten, and our regions shall be desolated, and we neither become very much afraid of the report nor of the appearance, in order that we may at least do penance; because they hurl fear at us, and we do not wish to be changed, although we at least stand in need of penance for our actions!”

Then of course the bible describes it and thats where it came from, so anyone claiming the darby junk is just flat out wrong, its long been debunked.

Livelystone

Nice post :)

Exodus 33:4-6
4. And when the people heard these evil tidings, they mourned: and no man did put his headgear upon himself.
5. For YHWH said unto Moshe, Say unto the sons of Yisrael, You are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of you in one wink of an eye and consume you! Now therefore put off your headgear from you; and I know what I will do unto you.
6. And the sons of Yisrael snatched off their headgear from mount Horeb.

Thank you for the kind words and the verses you have shared!

You, 1M1S, and RBBI have all contributed to this thread in a manner that has caused the saints in Heaven to shout out "Praise the Lord for those on earth who have eyes that see and ears that hear"

IMO the future of the remnant to be revealed in the last days rests on persons such as those named above, as well as any other likeminded voices whom I may have overlooked :thumb:

I just don't know what to say about MAD followers other than to feel sorry and pray for sheep following a blind goat....... it is sad to say the least

Then of course the bible describes it and thats where it came from, so anyone claiming the darby junk is just flat out wrong, its long been debunked.

I also always get a kick out of the old, "The word rapture isn't even in the Bible!" Other than being completely sophomoric, strange they would use such an argument, since the word Bible isn't in the Bible, either.

Livelystone

I was sucked into the theology of the rapture a long, long time ago. This happened when I learned those parts of the Bible. If anybody wonders, last I checked, those verses are still there.

During your studies of the scriptures did you come across the Lord's Prayer that teaches us to pray for His Kingdom to come to earth rather than the other way around as the rapture doctrine teaches and is leading many within the Body of Christ to fall for?

Usually the red letter words mean more to those who need help understanding the rest of the scriptures :D

Just saying,

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
During your studies of the scriptures did you come across the Lord's Prayer that teaches us to pray for His Kingdom to come to earth rather than the other way around as the rapture doctrine teaches and is leading many within the Body of Christ to fall for?

Usually the red letter words mean more to those who need help understanding the rest of the scriptures :D

Just saying,

Just saying, you miss that the rapture and second coming are 2 different events. He doesn't come to earth at the rapture. We are caught to up to meet Him.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.