Has the Church Replaced Israel ?

beloved57

Poor confused one.

The body of Christ did NOT replace Israel. Israel is still Israel and will be restored when Christ returns to establish His kingdom on the earth.
Let me ask you this. Are gentiles according to Eph 2:11-14 being added to the commonwealth of Israel ? And who is the commonwealth of Israel in that verse ?

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The New Testament makes it crystal clear that the New Covenant Promises to Covenant Israel in the Old Testament are being fulfilled, not replaced by, the New Covenant Church, the Body of Christ on this side of the Cross,

No, it doesn't "make it crystal clear," because that's not what it says.

The One Body here is equivalent to the one commonwealth of Israel in Vs 12

Saying it doesn't make it so.

So the commonwealth of Israel is comprised of both jews and gentiles,

In other words, nothing new under the sun. Israel has ALWAYS been comprised of both Jews and Gentiles (proselytes). Gentiles have ALWAYS been allowed to enter into covenant relationship with God. That has never been a mystery.

thats the revelation of the Mystery,

No, it's not.

The MYSTERY is that the Body of Christ can form a relationship with God WITHOUT a covenant or set of laws.

The Mystery was that Gentiles are Part of the commonwealth of Israel,

False.

and so the New Covenant promises to Covenant Israel are fulfilled in the NT Church which includes Gentiles.

False.

When you mash everything together, you miss the actual point of scripture.

Let me ask you this. Are gentiles according to Eph 2:11-14 being added to the commonwealth of Israel?

No. Not currently.

"ONCE" means "at one time."

"But NOW" means "currently, and no longer the former."

And who is the commonwealth of Israel in that verse?

Israel. duh.

beloved57

The Church of the NT fulfills the promises made to Israel because the promises center in Christ the Head of His Body the Church, and He is Israel. Notice some scripture that identifies Jesus Christ the Head of His Body the Church as Israel Hosea 11:1

When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

Now lets read the fulfillment Matt 2:13-15

13 And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.

14 When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:

15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

Now it should be plain to any reasonable person Jesus Christ is being identified here as the fulfillment of a prophecy about Israel !

Now Christ and His Body the Church are One, Gods word intimates. How can the Head be Identified as Israel and His Body not ? For Christ is the True Israel of God with His Members Chosen in Him. It is He that Israel that Glorified God as Gods servant Isa 49:1-3

Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The Lord hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;

3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

Did not Jesus Christ become a servant ? Phil 2:5-8

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Did not Jesus Glorify God the Father in the earth ? Jn 17:1-4

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Israel means in the hebrew "God prevails" In Christ God prevails

Israel means in the greek "he shall be a prince of God" Christ is Prince Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Israel here is His Body the Church, because He is the Saviour of His Body Eph 5:23

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head/prince of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

beloved57

The Children of promise !

Paul when writing in Rom 9:6-8 reference is made to the children of promise

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Now if we read carefully, one of the Israels in Vs 6 are the Children of promise in Vs 8

Remember Isaac in Vs 7 was a child of promise to Abraham and Sarah while in their old age, so Israel is being referred to as the children of promise, as Isaac was.

Now Paul writing to the Galatians, which was a mostly Gentile assembly, was being influenced by false teachers, more than likely jews, telling them they needed to be circumcised. So in Gal 4 he writes as it pertained to jew and gentile believers, that they were, like Isaac the children of promise, which is Israel Rom 9:8 Gal 4::28

Now we, brethren[Jew or Gentile] Believers, as Isaac was, are the children of promise[Israel]

So the church comprised of both jew and gentile believers in Christ are #1 Abrahams seed Gal 3:29

.29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

#2 Heirs of Promise

#3 Children of Promise Gal 4:28 so the Israel of Rom 9:8

#4 The Israel of God Gal 6:16

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

beloved57

Israel my Glory is the Church !

Isa 46:13

I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Israel, no not national ethnic israel, but Spiritual Israel, the Lords people from out of all nations, is saved to His Glory.

Any who belong to the New Creation in Christ is Israel His Glory

Eph 2:10

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Isa 43:7

Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

This includes some gentiles Acts 15:17

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

Speaking of the Church Eph 1:12

That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

beloved57

The Church is Israel, the peculiar people of God Writing to the Gentile Church to perhaps its Gentile Pastor Titus, Paul writes Tit 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Now the proud jews of Christs day considered themselves this special people, probably from scriptures like Ex 19:5

Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

Deut 14:2

For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God, and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

Ps 135:4

For the Lord hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

This peculiar distinction however was never to Israel National based upon their ethncity, but in the midst of the physical nation was a very small remnant who had a God given Faith in Christ, which was His Church, and they were Israel, and thats were the peculiar people would proceed from.

It [Their pecularity] lied not in their ethnic racial heritage, but in their spiritual God given Faith in Christ, the coming seed of the woman, who was also according to Mystery, the Head of His Body the Church, so their being that special people lied in His redeeming work for the Church Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

beloved57

See Just as Israel the ethnic jews nationally were the posterity of Father Abraham, Jesus even admitted that Jn 8:37

I know that ye are Abraham's seed[posterity]; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

in like manner the Church, both jew and gentile believers who belong to Christ, are Israel Abrahams Spiritual seed [posterity] Gal 3:28-29

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

You see that ? Abraham had two different seeds, his seed in Jn 8:37 is different from his seed in Gal 3:29

beloved57

God had promised Israel Salvation, Justification Isa45:17,25

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

However what nobody truly understood, is that this Israel wasnt the Physical nation, but an remnant according to the election of Grace, who were chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4, also what wasnt known and understood that this Israel would include in these Gospel promises Gentiles, that was a Mystery, something hidden. . The salvation of the Gentiles is in various parts of Scripture called a “mystery,” “hidden mystery,” the “mystery of Christ which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men,” “that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs.” Eph.3:4-6;

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

The Gospel promise to Israel in Isa 45:17,25

Col 1:27

27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

The Hope of Glory is for Israel Isa 45:25

In the Lord[Christ] shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

The promises of Israel's everlasting Salvation, and Justification, was through Christ, hence the promises always said "in the Lord" Thats the Lord Christ !

Remember Peters opening sermon for the New Covenant era, who was he addressing ? Acts 2:36

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

And later we know Jesus sent Peter to preach it to the Gentiles.

They too partook in the Promises to Save Israel,

They also would be Justified in that Promise "In the Lord[Christ] shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Rom 3:30

Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Gal 3:8

And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee[Christ] shall all nations be blessed.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
The New Covenant was made with all Israel, represented by the 12 Apostles. There were zero Gentile representatives in the deal. They were all Jews. The 12 Jews represented all Israel. (12 tribes, descended from Jacob, aka Israel.)

They also represented all the Gentiles. The Gentiles are not parties to the New Covenant, which is between God the Father and all Israel. But the Gentiles "ride the coattails" of all Israel, right into the kingdom of Heaven. All believers get to do that. We are welcome because of the terms of the New Covenant, but that doesn't change that only Jews brokered this deal. No Gentiles were involved at the bargaining table.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only reason that the New Covenant could even happen. Without Him as the perfect mediator of the New Covenant, serving as a conduit between God the Father and man, the deal could never get done. He needed to put Himself between the Father and man, and that meant He had to become flesh, because otherwise He exists as the Word of God the Father, and He is with the Father. To mediate He needed to also be with man.

The Lord Jesus also fulfilled the Old Covenant between the Father and all Israel, as mediated by Moses, and in this way He represented all Israel to God the Father. The Father sees His Son's fulfillment of the Law as representative of all Israel fulfilling it.

And Christ is the spotless sacrifice God the Father promised Abraham, back when He first mentioned the New Covenant to Him, before the Old Covenant was dedicated by Moses (actually by Moses shedding the blood of animals; the New Covenant was dedicated by Christ's blood).

We're all riding coattails into the kingdom, we're riding all Israel's coattails, but they're all riding Christ's coattails. Nobody's getting in without riding Christ's coattails into Heaven. You can call all those, whether ethnically Jewish, Apostles or any of us today, the One Church. Has the Church replaced all Israel? The New Covenant has replaced the Old. The Old Covenant had little provision for Gentiles, the New treats us all alike. As equals. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, slave nor free (ancient Latin word for free man is where we get our words liberty, liberal, liberation), male nor female.

beloved57

idolater
They also represented all the Gentiles. The Gentiles are not parties to the New Covenant, which is between God the Father and all Israel. But the Gentiles "ride the coattails" of all Israel, right into the kingdom of Heaven. All believers get to do that. We are welcome because of the terms of the New Covenant, but that doesn't change that only Jews brokered this deal. No Gentiles were involved at the bargaining table.

The New Covenant is the Everlasting Covenant being made manifest in time. That everlasting Covenant was made in eternity past with Jesus Christ and the Father, Jesus Christ being the sole Surety of that Covenant Heb 7:22;13:20 Jesus Christ had a spiritual seed who was in union with Him in that covenant Eph 1:4 and so all the promises were made to Jesus Christ and His seed, not to the physical jews of a earthy nation. David is a type of Christ in this everlasting covenant Ps 89:3-4

I have made a covenant with my chosen,
I have sworn unto David my servant,
4 thy seed will I establish for ever,

and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

Thats actually the New Covenant, it was made to Jesus Christ and His seed, it was only a type and shadow when God said He would make a New Covenant with the House of Israel in Jer 31,

After all Jesus Christ is the Mediator of the New Covenant Heb 8,12 because it was always His Covenant from the foundation!

Heb 12:24

and to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Right Divider

Body part
The New Covenant was made with all Israel, represented by the 12 Apostles. There were zero Gentile representatives in the deal. They were all Jews. The 12 Jews represented all Israel. (12 tribes, descended from Jacob, aka Israel.)

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only reason that the New Covenant could even happen. Without Him as the perfect mediator of the New Covenant, serving as a conduit between God the Father and man, the deal could never get done. He needed to put Himself between the Father and man, and that meant He had to become flesh, because otherwise He exists as the Word of God the Father, and He is with the Father. To mediate He needed to also be with man.

The Lord Jesus also fulfilled the Old Covenant between the Father and all Israel, as mediated by Moses, and in this way He represented all Israel to God the Father. The Father sees His Son's fulfillment of the Law as representative of all Israel fulfilling it.

And Christ is the spotless sacrifice God the Father promised Abraham, back when He first mentioned the New Covenant to Him, before the Old Covenant was dedicated by Moses (actually by Moses shedding the blood of animals; the New Covenant was dedicated by Christ's blood).

We're all riding coattails into the kingdom, we're riding all Israel's coattails, but they're all riding Christ's coattails. Nobody's getting in without riding Christ's coattails into Heaven. You can call all those, whether ethnically Jewish, Apostles or any of us today, the One Church. Has the Church replaced all Israel? The New Covenant has replaced the Old. The Old Covenant had little provision for Gentiles, the New treats us all alike. As equals. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, slave nor free (ancient Latin word for free man is where we get our words liberty, liberal, liberation), male nor female.
The body of Christ has no need for any covenant.
We have the gospel of the grace of God and that is all that we need.

https://graceambassadors.com/prophecy/new-covenant/the-new-covenant-can-rob-you

https://graceambassadors.com/prophecy/30-reasons-we-do-not-operate-under-the-new-testament

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Eph 3:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:6) That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

We do not partake via a covenant, but BY THE GOSPEL.

beloved57

That remnant Israel and the Gentile Church are the same, when we consider the book of Romans Romk 15:8-10

Rom 15:8-10

8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers[Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, David]:

9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.

10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people[Israel].

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That remnant Israel and the Gentile Church are the same, when we consider the book of Romans Romk 15:8-10

Rom 15:8-10

8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers[Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, David]:

9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.

10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people[Israel].

No, they're not.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
idolater

The New Covenant is the Everlasting Covenant being made manifest in time. That everlasting Covenant was made in eternity past with Jesus Christ and the Father, Jesus Christ being the sole Surety of that Covenant Heb 7:22;13:20 Jesus Christ had a spiritual seed who was in union with Him in that covenant Eph 1:4 and so all the promises were made to Jesus Christ and His seed, not to the physical jews of a earthy nation. David is a type of Christ in this everlasting covenant Ps 89:3-4

I have made a covenant with my chosen,
I have sworn unto David my servant,
4 thy seed will I establish for ever,

and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

Thats actually the New Covenant, it was made to Jesus Christ and His seed, it was only a type and shadow when God said He would make a New Covenant with the House of Israel in Jer 31,

After all Jesus Christ is the Mediator of the New Covenant Heb 8,12 because it was always His Covenant from the foundation!

Heb 12:24

and to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
Whether I agree with you or not (the OP), I agree with very many of your points itt as they are bulletproof. They are definitely Scriptural, and they have always been believed by the Church's bishops. I just do not understand how you can on the one hand believe that the Church has replaced all Israel, and on the other hand, that the bishops of the Church, who persisted perpetually for 1500 years up until the Reformation, have been replaced by nobody.

That just seems silly to me on its face. So I'm sure that I just don't understand you yet, and not that you're silly.

(I'm as Soli Deo Gloria----Glory to God Alone----as you are, check out Catholicism's teaching on Divine Providence, it's complete and thorough. Check out Catholicism's theodicy: it's all in there and it's satisfactory.)

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Whether I agree with you or not (the OP), I agree with very many of your points itt as they are bulletproof. They are definitely Scriptural, and they have always been believed by the Church's bishops. I just do not understand how you can on the one hand believe that the Church has replaced all Israel, and on the other hand, that the bishops of the Church, who persisted perpetually for 1500 years up until the Reformation, have been replaced by nobody.
You don't understand his position. He does not believe that the church has replaced Israel. He believes that the church is Israel and that Israel is the church. He believes that all believers throughout history are "the church".
That just seems silly to me on its face. So I'm sure that I just don't understand you yet, and not that you're silly.
He is silly.
(I'm as Soli Deo Gloria----Glory to God Alone----as you are, check out Catholicism's teaching on Divine Providence, it's complete and thorough. Check out Catholicism's theodicy: it's all in there and it's satisfactory.)
No thanks. I'll stick with what the Bible teaches.

beloved57

The Church is the NT Fulfillment of Remnant Israel, because under the OC national Israel under national covenant was a shadow and type, and at the time were Gods people and peculiar treasure. In this regard back then, the gentiles were not a people at all, not a people of God, but now, with the inauguration of the NT era by the blood of Christ, both saved jews and saved gentiles take on the sacred identification of Gods People and Peculiar Treasure. In the letter to Titus Paul wrote concerning the redemption they partook of through Christ says Titus 2:14

In Rom 15 Paul identifies now the gentiles, believers as the people of God Rom 15:9-10

10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.

Remember, Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins. or

Rom 11:2

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

Paul writing to the Church of God in Corinth 2 Cor 1:1

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:

He identifies them in the 6th Chapter with the Covenant Promises made to Israel of old, advising them of separation 2 Cor 6:14-16

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

This is a New Covenant promise being fulfilled to the Church of God

Heb 8:10
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Jer 31:33

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Church is the NT Fulfillment of Remnant Israel, because under the OC national Israel under national covenant was a shadow and type, and at the time were Gods people and peculiar treasure. In this regard back then, the gentiles were not a people at all, not a people of God, but now, with the inauguration of the NT era by the blood of Christ, both saved jews and saved gentiles take on the sacred identification of Gods People and Peculiar Treasure. In the letter to Titus Paul wrote concerning the redemption they partook of through Christ says Titus 2:14

In Rom 15 Paul identifies now the gentiles, believers as the people of God Rom 15:9-10

10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.

Remember, Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins. or

Rom 11:2

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

Paul writing to the Church of God in Corinth 2 Cor 1:1

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:

He identifies them in the 6th Chapter with the Covenant Promises made to Israel of old, advising them of separation 2 Cor 6:14-16

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

This is a New Covenant promise being fulfilled to the Church of God

Heb 8:10
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Jer 31:33

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Wrong. Israel will always be Israel

beloved57

The Church with the Gentiles in it, is Israel Elect, the Mystery revealed, for Isaiah foretold of this, even calling the Gentiles Gods chosen, a People formed for Himself, observe this Prophecy depicting the Gentiles Isa 43:19-21

19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

20 The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.

21 This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.

The New Thing is the Mystery of the Gentiles Eph 2:15

Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

The wilderness is the gentile nations of the world, also the beast of the field, dragons and owls refer to gentiles people

Acts 10:12

12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

These are His special Chosen ones for Himself from the gentiles Acts 15:14-19

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

God said this people[Gentiles] He formed for Himself

Look what God said earlier in Isa 43:1

But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

beloved57

Being a Jew!

What is a Jew ? I know the first thing that naturally comes to mind, is that a jew is a natural physical descendant of Abraham, then through Jacob. That is correct, however also a Jew is and has a Spiritual definition which stretches beyond ethnic boundaries. Paul brings this truth to light here Rom 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

A jew is anyone who God gives circumcision of the heart, no matter their ethnicity

Circumcision of heart is the New Birth God spoke of it earlier through Moses Deut 30:6

And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Paul writing to gentiles who believed wrote Phil 3:3

Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

As you can see another element in being a jew spiritually, being in Christ!

Paul was telling these gentile converts, beware of the concision, jewish false converts, for we are the jews, the circumcision in Christ who in Him we rejoice.

The Mystery revealed here is that being a jew is being in Christ.