Has Satan Blinded the Minds of the Religious?

Robert Pate

Banned
The religious are Calvinist, Catholics and others that attend an organized church. Religion is basically man's preoccupation with his own spirituality. It is about him and his works. You will not hear the Gospel in todays organized church, simply because there is to much freedom in the Gospel.

For a number of years I was a member of an organized church. The pastor didn't have a clue as to what the Gospel was until he received some literature from Verdict Publications. During the Saturday morning prayer meeting he made some copies of what he had received and passed it out to those that were there. There was about 10 of us that received the literature. He said, "I want you men to read this literature and tell me what you think of it". The literature was about the Gospel and justification by faith. Some of us believed what was written by Verdict, some didn't. The pastor believed and changed his message. The results were that the deacons had a secret meeting and decided to fire him. I left soon after that. The Gospel simply is not compatible with organized religion, never has been, never will be.

Paul's problems were not with unbelieving sinners. Paul's problems was with the religious. If you read Paul's epistles you will see that he was in continual defense of the Gospel and justification by faith apart from the works of the law. The words "Law" and "Religion" basically mean the same thing. When one is doing their religion they are doing the law. The law demands that you do something. the Gospel is not about doing something, the Gospel is about believing something. The religious live by laws and works. Christians live by faith, Romans 1:17.

The religious are in bondage to their religion. They really love their religion more than they love God and his Son Jesus Christ. The reason for this is because their religion is about them. The Calvinist will declare... "I have been predestinated". The Catholic will declare... "I am made holy by the Catholic church". It is always about them and their religion. The Pharisees were blinded by the law. The law was not only their religion, the law was their God. They frequently boasted about how religious they were. Some even tithed down to the mint in their gardens, Matthew 23:23. They were not really interested in God, if they were they would have received his Son Jesus Christ. Jesus was a threat to their religion so they murdered him.

The Gospel is a threat to the religious. They don't want it, nor do they believe it. The Gospel will wreck your religion. After I became grounded in the Gospel I saw no need for organized religion or any religion. Jesus saves and he saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25. If you sincerely believe that there is no need for a religion.

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert,

You have started about 100 threads this year. I believe they are all more or less on the same theme.
Maybe you should take a break.

I will take a break when you renounce your Jewish religion and start living by faith in Christ and his Gospel.

jsanford108

The Catholic will declare... "I am made holy by the Catholic church".

Oh, Robert. That is not at all what we say, nor teach.

Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraph 2017:
" The grace of the Holy Spirit confers upon us the righteousness of God. Uniting us by faith and Baptism to the Passion and Resurrection of Christ, the Spirit makes us sharers in his life."

Robert Pate

Banned
Oh, Robert. That is not at all what we say, nor teach.

Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraph 2017:
" The grace of the Holy Spirit confers upon us the righteousness of God. Uniting us by faith and Baptism to the Passion and Resurrection of Christ, the Spirit makes us sharers in his life."

There is no scripture anywhere in the Bible that says... "The grace of the Holy Spirit confers upon us the righteousness of God" nor is there anything in the Bible about Christians sharing in his life.

This is what the scripture does say,

"For such a high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, SEPARATE FROM SINNERS, and made higher than the heavens" Hebrews 7:26.

Our salvation is in heaven at the right hand of God and not in us.

jsanford108

There is no scripture anywhere in the Bible that says... "The grace of the Holy Spirit confers upon us the righteousness of God" nor is there anything in the Bible about Christians sharing in his life.

This is what the scripture does say,

"For such a high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, SEPARATE FROM SINNERS, and made higher than the heavens" Hebrews 7:26.

Our salvation is in heaven at the right hand of God and not in us.

So, the Holy Spirit does not dwell in us? As stated that it does, in Ezekiel 36:27, Isaiah 63:11, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 1 Corinthians 6:19, 2 Corinthians 6:16, 2 Timothy 1:1, Romans 8:9-11, Galatians 4:6, etc.

The one that really proves you wrong is 1 John 2:27 "As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him."

I like how you skipped over that part about the Holy Spirit makes us sharers in Christ's life (aka: dwells in us).

Robert Pate

Banned
So, the Holy Spirit does not dwell in us? As stated that it does, in Ezekiel 36:27, Isaiah 63:11, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 1 Corinthians 6:19, 2 Corinthians 6:16, 2 Timothy 1:1, Romans 8:9-11, Galatians 4:6, etc.

The one that really proves you wrong is 1 John 2:27 "As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him."

I like how you skipped over that part about the Holy Spirit makes us sharers in Christ's life (aka: dwells in us).

There is nothing in the Bible about the Holy Spirit making one holy. If anything the Holy Spirit will convict you of your sins and make you aware of the fact that you are a sinner.

Paul Confessed that he was "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. Paul also said, "For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do" Romans 7:19.

Most of the 7th chapter of Romans is about Paul's struggle with sin. The problem with you holiness people is that you don't understand the Gospel, you can't figure out how God justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5.

fishrovmen

Hogwash!

You are just desperate to make false accusations against me and what I believe.

You would do well to read Verdict.

The latest verdict just arrived and it's....guilty! You are forever blasting "Catholics" and "Calvinists" about endorsing other writings than the bible, and you do the very same thing!

jsanford108

Has Satan Blinded the Minds of the Religious?

There is nothing in the Bible about the Holy Spirit making one holy.
Did you read any of those verses I mentioned?

What about 2 Thessalonians 2:13? To be sanctified is to be made holy. This particular verse explicitly says "....to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth." Thus, the Holy Spirit makes us holy (2 Thessalonians) and dwells within us (as proved by the Scriptures, in my first post).

The problem with you holiness people is that you don't understand the Gospel, you can't figure out how God justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5.

You keep talking about how "we" don't "understand the Gospel", yet all your provided verses are from Paul's letters, not the Gospels.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Last edited:

Epoisses

Trust me, Robert, it's been done.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...or-Predestination/page3&p=4402162#post4402162

We are all aware of your claimed mentor, Brinsmead.

:AMR:

AMR

Brinsmead was into Luther's theology for a time which was light years ahead of Calvin's and his Absolute Stupidity in believing that God ordained sin and sinners. Satan sinned of his own free-will just like Adam sinned of his own free-will. Free-will can never save us but it sure can mess things up!

glorydaz

What about 2 Thessalonians 2:13? To be sanctified is to be made holy. This particular verse explicitly says "....to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth." Thus, the Holy Spirit makes us holy (2 Thessalonians) and dwells within us (as proved by the Scriptures, in my first post).

Sanctification also means to set apart as holy or declare as holy, as is the case for the verse you cite.

Robert Pate

Banned

You keep talking about how "we" don't "understand the Gospel", yet all your provided verses are from Paul's letters, not the Gospels.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

You have been blinded to the truth of the Gospel by your religion. You are not a Christian. You have never called on Christ to save you, Romans 10:13. You are not dependent on Christ for your salvation. You are trusting in your religion to save you.