Has Satan Blinded the Minds of the Religious?

glorydaz

The cross is part of the life and teachings of Christ.

The "preaching of the cross" includes the entire work of the cross. Not only the death, burial, and resurrection, but justification through faith in His blood.

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;​

I simply don't see that being preached by our Lord when He walked among us, or the apostles who were with Him. Do you?

Where do you see them preaching the redemptive work of the cross?

jsanford108

The "preaching of the cross" includes the entire work of the cross. Not only the death, burial, and resurrection, but justification through faith in His blood.
I agree completely. I would also say that it includes the life of Christ (because, Christ was alive when He rose; hence "life").

I simply don't see that being preached by our Lord when He walked among us, or the apostles who were with Him. Do you?

Where do you see them preaching the redemptive work of the cross?

John's Gospel is full of Christ's teachings on salvation and His Resurrection (John 2).

Peter explicitly mentions the Cross and Resurrection in 1 Peter 2.

Those are just two examples. Both in books penned by the Apostles who literally walked and talked with Christ. One of those also bearing the words and teachings of Christ, as He said them.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

glorydaz

I agree completely. I would also say that it includes the life of Christ (because, Christ was alive when He rose; hence "life").

John's Gospel is full of Christ's teachings on salvation and His Resurrection (John 2).

Salvation? Salvation by Grace through faith? The Resurrection? It wasn't until after He had risen that they even believed He would. Nothing about what it accomplished regarding salvation, though.

John 2:22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.​

Peter explicitly mentions the Cross and Resurrection in 1 Peter 2.

Those are just two examples. Both in books penned by the Apostles who literally walked and talked with Christ. One of those also bearing the words and teachings of Christ, as He said them.

Of course they preached about the resurrection after our Lord had risen, but it wasn't until Paul came along that we hear of being JUSTIFIED by faith without the works of the law.

Peter only came to this understanding of salvation by grace through faith after Paul brought to the fore what the risen and ascended Lord had revealed to him. Peter mentions "the wisdom given him", and that "wisdom" is Paul's Gospel.

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.​

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
There are two Gospels.

Jesus preached "The Kingdom Gospel" which is the good news that the king has arrived. Wherever the King is at there is the Kingdom of God.

Paul's Gospel was about how God justifies the ungodly by Jesus Christ, Romans 4:5. Jesus is our justifier, Romans 3:26. By his work we are justified and reconciled unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Good post. God sent Paul to preach the mystery, all those who confess and believe salvation is given in the blood of Christ are able to receive Grace ( Holy Spirit) and be saved in the Body of Christ.