Has Satan Blinded the Minds of the Religious?

jsanford108

You have been blinded to the truth of the Gospel by your religion. You are not a Christian. You have never called on Christ to save you, Romans 10:13. You are not dependent on Christ for your salvation. You are trusting in your religion to save you.

No. I trust in Christ.

You don't know more about what I believe than I do.

Also, you seem to just skirt around those fallacies/contradictions that I highlighted within your claims. It is hard to argue against logic and Scripture, so I will give you that.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

ttruscott

Given that according to Romans 1 we are quite capable of rejecting the truth for sin and repressing the memory of the proof of the truth to further our sinfulness, who needs to blame Satan?

Robert Pate

Banned
No. I trust in Christ.

You don't know more about what I believe than I do.

Also, you seem to just skirt around those fallacies/contradictions that I highlighted within your claims. It is hard to argue against logic and Scripture, so I will give you that.

I believe that you are trusting in Christ to save you by making you good enough.

Robert Pate

Banned
No one can know or understand the Gospel without the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is only given to those that come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him. It is not the Gospel plus the Catholic church. It is faith in Christ alone apart from any works or religion.

jsanford108

Oh. Well what is the Gospel preached before Paul?

There isn't "one before Paul." It is the same gospel.

The term "Gospel," as originally ascribed to the four books written by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, detail the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. "Gospel" meaning "good news," in relation to the salvation gifted by Christ to humanity. Thus, "Gospel" is most accurately defined as "the life and teachings of Jesus Christ."

So, the gospel that Paul preaches is the exact same as that taught by Peter, Matthew, James, etc. The very same thing taught by Christ. Paul adds nothing to the Gospel. He is simply an Apostle of Christ.

glorydaz

There isn't "one before Paul." It is the same gospel.

The term "Gospel," as originally ascribed to the four books written by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, detail the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. "Gospel" meaning "good news," in relation to the salvation gifted by Christ to humanity. Thus, "Gospel" is most accurately defined as "the life and teachings of Jesus Christ."

So, the gospel that Paul preaches is the exact same as that taught by Peter, Matthew, James, etc. The very same thing taught by Christ. Paul adds nothing to the Gospel. He is simply an Apostle of Christ.

Okay, then list out that one Gospel so I can see what you're saying.

glorydaz

If you want to argue about "Jesus vs Paul's Gospel," there is another thread for that.

The Gospel is: the life and teachings of Christ.

Just admit you don't have an answer. There is no need to get all testy.

Paul's Gospel is the preaching of the cross, not the life and teachings of Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.​

Robert Pate

Banned
If you want to argue about "Jesus vs Paul's Gospel," there is another thread for that.

The Gospel is: the life and teachings of Christ.

There are two Gospels.

Jesus preached "The Kingdom Gospel" which is the good news that the king has arrived. Wherever the King is at there is the Kingdom of God.

Paul's Gospel was about how God justifies the ungodly by Jesus Christ, Romans 4:5. Jesus is our justifier, Romans 3:26. By his work we are justified and reconciled unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

jsanford108

Just admit you don't have an answer. There is no need to get all testy.
No, I gave the answer. At least twice. It just wasn't the answer you liked.

I apologize if you viewed it as "testy," But it is like asking what is 2+2, then saying it is a different answer from 3+1.

The cross is part of the life and teachings of Christ.

Paul's Gospel is the preaching of the cross, not the life and teachings of Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.​

Let us say that you are correct; that there are different Gospels. What are they? And which one is best?