ECT Has Jesus' authority been usurped by MAD has MAD placed ALL authority in Paul ?

dodge

Hi and where was Paul baptized with a verse ??

We are not baprized , JUST because Jesus was baptized , SO why was he BAPTIZED ??

dan p

ct 9:18
And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

dodge

Yep.

I think they have a handbook of quick questions they can use, in order to avoid genuine discussion or debate of their odd beliefs.

MADist are looking more and more like J.W'S, Mormons, Roman Catholics, and the rest of the cults that say the scripture says what we say it means even though they ignore the context to prove they are following scripture.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
MADist are looking more and more like J.W'S, Mormons, Roman Catholics, and the rest of the cults that say the scripture says what we say it means even though they ignore the context to prove they are following scripture.

Indeed. I agree.

They are proving to be extremely cultish by actively interfering in discussions that have nothing to do with them.

dodge

Indeed. I agree.

They are proving to be extremely cultish by actively interfering in discussions that have nothing to do with them.

The clique does their very best to derail every thread where scripture PROVES they are wrong.

glorydaz

That is what MOST MADist do. You are expected to answer their questions, but when you ask a question they answer with another question.

That's because all the answers are right there in the scriptures. So, you are given a verse that explains the one you gave, and you simply reject it rather than accept it as an answer.

glorydaz

ct 9:18
And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

With John's baptism of repentance. Paul was Jew.

Acts 19:3-5
And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

There are different baptisms. You've been told, but you keep saying the same thing.

Acts 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.​

There are different baptisms. You've been shown, but you keep ignoring it.

Hebrews 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.​

There are different baptisms.... we are baptized into Jesus Christ...BY ONE SPIRIT into one BODY. Not by the hands of men in water, but by the Spirit of GOD. The answers are all right there in Scripture. Those verses have been given to you many times, but you RESIST.

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.​

Worse....you claim you haven't been answered. :nono:

dodge

And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

There are different baptisms. You've been told, but you keep saying the same thing.

Acts 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.​

Hebrews 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.​

There are different baptisms.... we are baptized into Jesus Christ...BY ONE SPIRIT into one BODY. Not by the hands of men in water, but by the Spirit of GOD. The answers are all right there in Scripture. Those verses have been given to you many times, but you RESIST.

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.​

Show me a scripture just one where anyone that was saved was not water baptized JUST ONE. Jesus commanded to teach and baptize and that command has never anywhere in scripture done away with EVER.

MADIST do NOT get to change the commands of Jesus not now not ever.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Show me a scripture just one where anyone that was saved was not water baptized JUST ONE. Jesus commanded to teach and baptize and that command has never anywhere in scripture done away with EVER.
When was Abraham water baptized?
When was the thief on the cross water baptized?

MADists don't.
The Lord Jesus Christ does and did.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
That is what MOST MADist do. You are expected to answer their questions, but when you ask a question they answer with another question.
Now now, Dodge.
You know you do that too.
Why is is that you yourself believe the same things MAD does, but keep saying MAD is in error???
You know, like when Jesus changed His instructions to His disciples.

And why is it that you have not yet retracted an outright slanderous lie about MAD that you knew was false when you said it?
You know, like saying MAD teaches that the King of Kings and Lord of Lords is Paul instead of Jesus.

Your credibility for seeking honest truth is sorely lacking.

dodge

Tambora;5027678][/COLOR][/B]When was Abraham water baptized?
When was the thief on the cross water baptized?

Did the thief on the cross have an opportunity to be baptized ?

Abraham believed and OBEYED God ! Was the command of Jesus to teach and baptize given when Abraham walked the earth ? NOPE !

MADists don't.
The Lord Jesus Christ does and did.Did the thief on the cross have an opportunity to be baptized

WRONG !
Jesus never gave any command to stop water baptism.

Show me one person in ALL of scripture that was saved and was not water baptized JUST ONE.

Jesus , Paul and everyone in the NT that got saved got water baptized ALL of them.

glorydaz

Well, the Spirit baptism is clearly not John's baptism of water. The verses I gave prove that.

Here's another. "Knowing ONLY the baptism of John..." clearly speaks of there being another to come.

Acts 18:24-26
And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus. This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.​

When Aquila and Priscilla took him aside and "expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly"....they were undoubtedly expounding the Gospel and the baptism into the body by the Holy Spirit. Otherwise, why make a point about his lack being he only knew the baptism of John?

Remember I gave you the verses speaking of the Spirit baptizing us INTO Jesus Christ? That was a baptism done by the Holy Spirit. Notice how Paul speaks of ONE BODY, and ONE SPIRIT....ONE BAPTISM? He is speaking of our being begotten by the Gospel and being created IN CHRIST JESUS.

Do you see any mention of John's baptism in Paul's letters? Do you see him even mentioning it in his Gospel of salvation? No, because it's the Spirit that gives life. Being dunked by man into water doesn't save or give life. It never has.

Ephesians 4:4-6
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.​

glorydaz

WRONG !
Jesus never gave any command to stop water baptism.

It was only for the Jews. They were told not to refuse the Gentiles who wanted to be water baptised. Clearly, the Gentiles were not required to accept Jesus as their Messiah...as the Jews were.

Show me one person in ALL of scripture that was saved and was not water baptized JUST ONE.

Jesus , Paul and everyone in the NT that got saved got water baptized ALL of them.

Oh no they didn't. Only a few in Corinth got water baptised....it was not to be forbidden, but certainly NOT REQUIRED. It was never required of the Gentiles at all. Show me just ONE example where the Gentiles were commanded to be water baptized. JUST ONE. You won't find one because it's performed by the Holy Spirit when we believe in our heart. It isn't something man can do or decided to do, because it's God putting us to death (crucified with Christ), and raising us into life.

dodge

glorydaz;5027694]It was only for the Jews. They were told not to refuse the Gentiles who wanted to be water baptised. Clearly, the Gentiles were not required to accept Jesus as their Messiah...as the Jews were.

Wrong:

Mat 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mat 28:20
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Oh no they didn't. Only a few in Corinth got water baptised....it was not to be forbidden, but certainly NOT REQUIRED. It was never required of the Gentiles at all. Show me just ONE example where the Gentiles were commanded to be water baptized. JUST ONE. You won't find one because it's performed by the Holy Spirit when we believe in our heart. It isn't something man can do or decided to do, because it's God putting us to death (crucified with Christ), and raising us into life.

Then find me a scripture where anyone in scripture got saved and NOT baptized except for the thief on the cross who never had an opportunity to be baptized.

Satan knew what he was doing when he got the teachings and commands of Jesus marginalized and set aside.

glorydaz

Wrong:

Mat 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mat 28:20
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Then find me a scripture where anyone in scripture got saved and NOT baptized except for the thief on the cross who never had an opportunity to be baptized.

Satan knew what he was doing when he got the teachings and commands of Jesus marginalized and set aside.

You give verses that were written for the Jews under the law and claim that applies to the Gentiles?

Never mind, you can't give an example from Pauls letters to the churches where he tells people to get water baptised. Not one. This is what I mean by you not listening to anyone but YOURSELF.

I give you verses about the different baptisms and what they mean, and you go right back to John's baptism. Incredible.

glorydaz

Marginalized? Is that what you call His death, burial, and resurrection?

Satan knows what he's doing all right. He keeps people focused on Christ's time here on earth and OFF His work ON THE CROSS and His resurrection from the dead. He keeps people looking to water (which can save none), instead of the Holy Spirit's baptizing us into the body of Christ.

dodge

You give verses that were written for the Jews under the law and claim that applies to the Gentiles?

Never mind, you can't give an example from Pauls letters to the churches where he tells people to get water baptised. Not one. This is what I mean by you not listening to anyone but YOURSELF.

I give you verses about the different baptisms and what they mean, and you go right back to John's baptism. Incredible.

I follow Jesus who Paul followed and said to follow.

You have marginalized Jesus to follow Paul and that is crazy and completely lacking any credibility . You do understand that Jesus was the Christ right ? Of course some things Jesus taught were for Israel but the vast majority of Jesus' teachings were for both Israel ( Jews ) and the B.O.C. (Christians )

dodge

glorydaz;5027732]Marginalized? Is that what you call His death, burial, and resurrection?

Jesus said why call me Lord Lord and do not the things I have commanded you !
Satan knows what he's doing all right. He keeps people focused on Christ's time here on earth and OFF His work ON THE CROSS and His resurrection from the dead. He keeps people looking to water (which can save none), instead of the Holy Spirit's baptizing us into the body of Christ

You really do not understand much of what Paul taught.

Paul said to follow Jesus.

Scripture says that Paul taught the faith he once sought to destroy.Paul after he was saved taught the faith of those who were in Christ before Paul.

Peter preached the Gospel of grace JUST like Paul did.

DAN P

Hi gloydaz and you have him with that Heb 6:2 passage !!

And in Acts 1:5 the Greek verb SHALL BE BAPTIZED is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD , that Acts 1:5 is a FACT !!

The reason the FUTURE TENSE is used is because Israel has been set aside as the Holy Spirit had Paul write 2 Cor 3:13-16 and that UNTIL when THE LAW OF MOSES is read a VAIL covers their HEART so that that Israel can not be saved !!

Only individual Jew will be saved according to verse 16 , which he does not understand !!

The VAIL represents the VAIL that covered Moses face and 1600 years later , Israel was set aside !!

dan p

glorydaz

I follow Jesus who Paul followed and said to follow.

You have marginalized Jesus to follow Paul and that is crazy and completely lacking any credibility . You do understand that Jesus was the Christ right ? Of course some things Jesus taught were for Israel but the vast majority of Jesus' teachings were for both Israel ( Jews ) and the B.O.C. (Christians )

You're incorrect. No one is marginalizing Christ. Everything Christ taught while here on earth is explained through what the Risen Lord revealed to Paul. It's for the believer to use scripture to explain scripture. But, if you're so busy being defensive about what the Lord taught while He walked among us, you'll miss what He intends for you to learn from it. We must always go back to what Jesus taught while here on earth, but we must look forward in order to understand what He meant.

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.​