Going to the Movies: past, present, future.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
Best shoot out in modern film history. Reminded me of a western. Amazing. Hated Goodfellas...I know, I know, but there wasn't a single likable character in the film. I wanted them all to end up in cement. :eek: :idunno:

Heat is such an incredible movie. It's gut-wrenching from start to finish and has a masterfully done ending.
And yes, that shoot out is about as epic and convincing as it gets :up:

Sorry, I love that movie :chuckle:

In all actuality, I had a hard time deciding if I should put it over Donnie Brasco or not. It won out simply because the dialogue in that movie gets stuck in your head.
"Now go home and get your *blank* shinebox!" :first:

But Donnie Brasco really brought out a realistic picture of the Mob and is based on a true story.
How exactly is Johnny Depp so versatile with his roles :think:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Best shoot out in modern film history.
Agreed!

And I think the best car chase scene was in THE ROCK starring Sean Connery & NicK Cage.

Hated Goodfellas...I know, I know, but there wasn't a single likable character in the film. I wanted them all to end up in cement. :eek: :idunno:
WHAT!!!!
I like De Niro in anything!

sky.

BANNED
Banned
To Kill A Mockingbird. That might have just been a television movie. I saw it several times on TV.

some other dude

Ah, the classics.

Cape Fear - Peck, Mitchum
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence - John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Lee Marvin
Magnificent Obsession - Jane Wyman, Rock Hudson
The Lion In Winter - Peter O'Toole, Katherine Hepburn, Anthony Hopkins, Timothy Dalton

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Agreed!

And I think the best car chase scene was in THE ROCK starring Sean Connery & NicK Cage.
A darn good one that. Still hooked on McQueen's, but that's a darn good one. Also the chase scene with Hackman in The French Connection.

WHAT!!!!
I like De Niro in anything!
Love De Niro. Once Upon a Time in America is one of my all time favorite gangster films. Fantastic in The God Father. Sublime in Raging Bull. Hysterical in Midnight Run. But I still hated Goodfellas.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A darn good one that. Still hooked on McQueen's, but that's a darn good one. Also the chase scene with Hackman in The French Connection.
Yep, those were gooooooood!
But I still think THE ROCK one was more exciting.

Love De Niro. Once Upon a Time in America is one of my all time favorite gangster films. Fantastic in The God Father. Sublime in Raging Bull. Hysterical in Midnight Run. But I still hated Goodfellas.
Midnight Run was great!
"You guys couldn't deliver a bottle of milk!" - Charles Grodin in Midnight Run.

zoo22

A darn good one that. Still hooked on McQueen's

Yeah, Bullitt is the best car chase.

But this is possibly the most memorable movie car chase for me... Here's the sped-up version:

Blues Brothers car chase

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

"Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now." :chuckle:

A shame the Nazi "I've always loved you" part isn't audible.

But I still hated Goodfellas.

:plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...Midnight Run was great!
"You guys couldn't deliver a bottle of milk!" - Charles Grodin in Midnight Run.
Grodin at his best and their chemistry was first rate. But you have to watch the blue language version. I normally don't care for that, but it works as a character exposition and it's one of my if not possibly my favorite road trip comedy. :D

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
Longest movie title I've ever known:

Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood