Going to the Movies: past, present, future.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Watched Take Shelter the other night. Similar to Sixth Sense or Signs, but good.

I watched that too, pretty good movie- definitely worth renting.

Best comedy ive seen recently is a movie called Ghost Town - a lot of dry sarcastic humor, i thought it was hilarious.

Quincy

No, but I wasn't about the initial remake and still had to admit I liked it. Some films are that way with me. I'll probably like this one after the fact too. :D

I love action movies - especially the ones not based on reality. We will probably go see this one, even though we were disappointed with the "after thought 3-D" of the first one.

I thought Clash from a couple years ago was excellent so I'm sure I'll like this one. The special effects look spot on and as long as they are I should enjoy it at least.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm also looking forward to not seeing anything with Nicholas Cage in it for a while...if that's humanly possible. :plain:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That reminds me. I think I'll watch Face Off tonight. :)

I like that movie. I have that movie, and i have Con Air, like that also - and i like the national treasure movie. I love city of angels,
family man, honeymoon in vegas

And a couple really old ones raising arizona and valley girl.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I like that movie. I have that movie, and i have Con Air, like that also - and i like the national treasure movie. I love city of angels,

I actually liked Face Off the first time I watched it, then didn't the next. Guarding Tess and Raising Arizona are terrific movies. Angels was interesting, though I don't like downbeat endings in general. The Treasure films were ridiculous but fun. Hated Family Man and the one that came after that...where he played an arms dealer. Haven't cared for much he's done recently.

His appearance on SNL was hysterical:

"It has all the elements of the perfect Nick Cage movie: all the dialogue is either whispered or screamed; 2) everything in the movie is on fire.”

:chuckle:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The national treasure movies are the only recent ones ive seen by him, i just like the older ones ive named, oh and gone in 60 seconds, that was pretty good to me too.

some other dude

I watch Raising Arizona every so often. :thumb:

I've seen all of the Coen brothers movies and liked most of them.

Other favorites are The Big Lebowski, Intolerable Cruelty and O Brother, Where Art Thou?

some other dude

He runs like Bammy throws

obama-first-pitch-all-star-game.jpg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Off the top of my head: The Truman Show, Waking Ned Devine, Cinderella Man, the Bourne series, the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice, Shawshank Redemption, Gran Torino.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
Haven't seen it. I could put it on the Netflix qeue. :think:

Did he run in it? I need to prepare myself mentally.

The best thing about that movie is that you get to see Cage as a bad guy (at least for a while). It's about a cop (Travolta) who is after an international criminal (Cage), but they end up switching places completely. As in, they switch bodies. So 'Face-off' carries dual meaning.

It's a 90's flick, and it has Cage and Travolta. What more is there to say :)
You should watch it :up:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The best thing about that movie is that you get to see Cage as a bad guy (at least for a while). It's about a cop (Travolta) who is after an international criminal (Cage), but they end up switching places completely. They switch bodies. Hence the name: Face-off.

I'll put it on the qeue. :thumb:

It's a 90's flick, and it has Cage and Travolta. What more is there to say :)

Are you trying to talk me out of it?!