Free Will

popsthebuilder

ANYONE can CHOOSE to do what God says to do.

That is what Jesus says.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

James 4:4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

Isaiah 65:11-12 "But as for you who forsake the LORD and forget my holy mountain, who spread a table for Fortune and fill bowls of mixed wine for Destiny, I will destine you for the sword, and you will all bend down for the slaughter; for I called but you did not answer, I spoke but you did not listen. You did evil in my sight and chose what displeases me."

1 Peter 4:3 For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do--living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry.
No no... those don't speak for our ability to choose....our freedom to do our will.

Kidding....I'm kidding; it so does.

You would think it wouldn't be necessary to actually post them like that.

Anyway, sorry.

Hey, been a while. Glad you are well enough.

Sincerely,
peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Calvinists teach that all are reprobates made to go to hell except for the people who believe the teachings of John Calvin.

All sinners deserve to be punished in hell.

Grace that saves souls from this fate, comes from God and is the very Gospel of God . . Which Gospel of salvation in and by Jesus Christ, Calvin proclaimed.

Too bad you seem to have a problem with that . . .

God's Truth

No no... those don't speak for our ability to choose....our freedom to do our will.

Kidding....I'm kidding; it so does.

You would think it wouldn't be necessary to actually post them like that.

Anyway, sorry.

Hey, been a while. Glad you are well enough.

Sincerely,
peace

You really got me there. Ha!

Thanks so much for the welcome back, it means a lot.

God's Truth

All sinners deserve to be punished in hell.

Grace that saves souls from this fate, comes from God and is the very Gospel of God . . Which Gospel of salvation in and by Jesus Christ, Calvin proclaimed.

Too bad you seem to have a problem with that . . .

What you say is not biblical.

We are all condemned until we come to God through Christ.

Jesus chooses to save those who obey him.

God's Truth

Calvinists claim that God saves those He saves while they hate Him and do not believe in Him.
God does NOT save people who hate Him.

beloved57

John 3:16....

But then... there's the Calvinist Revised Standard..

Calvin 3:16

For God so Loved the Elect that they were pre-destined to be died for. Every one else is a filthy reprobate.

What scripture says that men have a freewill? I have been asking that question here for a decade!

God's Truth

Freewill of man is an illusion.

All things are predestinated by God according to His Will and Purpose.

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

God has th right to make His creatures for whatever purpose He chooses.

Job 23:13-14
13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

These scriptures prove that God does not desire all men without exception to be saved but yet they are not.

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

God's Truth

That's not possible by one whose heart is wicked Jer. 17:9!

That scripture is not about everyone’s heart, it is about a wicked human heart is wicked above all things.

But this kind of Love, along with Faith, is fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth to all God's Elect when they are Given a New Heart Ezek. 36:26-27.

That scripture is about people who would NOT repent of their sins.

Ezekiel 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?

God's Truth

What Calvinism teaches is that man's will is held in bondage by his fallen nature. Man's will can only choose good with the assistance of grace.

That's what follows from Genesis to Revelation.

Nowhere anywhere does the Bible say God saves unbelievers.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Calvinists claim that God saves those He saves while they hate Him and do not believe in Him.
God does NOT save people who hate Him.

Calvinism does not claim that at all, in fact Calvinism is still one of the most rigidly conservative theologies on the matter of salvation altogether.

A central truth in Calvinism is that man is unable to choose good without the assistance of grace, and resorts to wickedness when grace is absent.
Every time God went out of season through biblical history, His people either scattered or became pagan, and otherwise fell deep into sin. The same is true without everything else, even today- as soon as you take God out of anything, sin begins.

Therefore, God's providence is what makes men believe and choose good.

Calvinism not only explains the scriptures, but God's relationship with this world all around. It's a complete, irrefutable theology.

beloved57

Nowhere anywhere does the Bible say God saves unbelievers.

He saves them that hate Him while they are hating Him Rom 5:10

For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.

beloved57

That scripture is not about everyone’s heart, it is about a wicked human heart is wicked above all things.

That scripture is about people who would NOT repent of their sins.

Ezekiel 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?

Those Christ died for saved them while they were hating God Rom 5:10!

For if while we were hostile to God we were reconciled to Him through the death of His Son, it is still more certain that now that we are reconciled, we shall obtain salvation through Christ's life.

popsthebuilder

What scripture says that men have a freewill? I have been asking that question here for a decade!
Check post #99.

I'll see if I can add to it.

Deuteronomy: 30. 19. I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: 20. That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them. - Bible Offline

Joshua: 24. 15. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Bible Offline

2 Samuel: 16. 18. And Hushai said unto Absalom, Nay; but whom the LORD, and this people, and all the men of Israel, choose, his will I be, and with him will I abide. - Bible Offline

2 Samuel: 24. 12. Go and say unto David, Thus saith the LORD, I offer thee three things; choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee. - Bible Offline

1 Chronicles: 21. 10. Go and tell David, saying, Thus saith the LORD, I offer thee three things: choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee. - Bible Offline

Job: 7. 15. So that my soul chooseth strangling, and death rather than my life. - Bible Offline

Job: 15. 5. For thy mouth uttereth thine iniquity, and thou choosest the tongue of the crafty. - Bible Offline

Job: 15. 5. For thy mouth uttereth thine iniquity, and thou choosest the tongue of the crafty. - Bible Offline

That's enough about the ability of man to choose things for now.

If you haven't noticed I've only used the particular word "choose", and am still in the ot. There are plenty more if you really need em. 10 years? Haven't you had a bible through that period?

peace

beloved57

Check post #99.

I'll see if I can add to it.

Deuteronomy: 30. 19. I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: 20. That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them. - Bible Offline

Joshua: 24. 15. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Bible Offline

2 Samuel: 16. 18. And Hushai said unto Absalom, Nay; but whom the LORD, and this people, and all the men of Israel, choose, his will I be, and with him will I abide. - Bible Offline

2 Samuel: 24. 12. Go and say unto David, Thus saith the LORD, I offer thee three things; choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee. - Bible Offline

1 Chronicles: 21. 10. Go and tell David, saying, Thus saith the LORD, I offer thee three things: choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee. - Bible Offline

Job: 7. 15. So that my soul chooseth strangling, and death rather than my life. - Bible Offline

That's enough about the ability of man to choose things for now.

If you haven't noticed I've only used the particular word "choose", and am still in the ot. There are plenty more if you really need em. 10 years? Haven't you had a bible through that period?

peace

Not one of those verses stated that God has given man a freewill !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Calvinism does not claim that at all, in fact Calvinism is still one of the most rigidly conservative theologies on the matter of salvation altogether.

A central truth in Calvinism is that man is unable to choose good without the assistance of grace, and resorts to wickedness when grace is absent.
Every time God went out of season through biblical history, His people either scattered or became pagan, and otherwise fell deep into sin. The same is true without everything else, even today- as soon as you take God out of anything, sin begins.

Therefore, God's providence is what makes men believe and choose good.

Calvinism not only explains the scriptures, but God's relationship with this world all around. It's a complete, irrefutable theology.

Seems to me that is can pretty easily be dismantled. Claiming one's theology to be irrefutable is like claiming the Titanic will never sink. Even Christianity has a way of being falsifiable. "If Christ did not rise, then our faith is in vain." Be careful. "Professing themselves wise, they became fools."

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...s-God-Know-Your-Entire-Future-Battle-Royale-X

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...nd-TNAR-s-Dr-Larry-Bray&p=2673788#post2673788

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

beloved57

Man doesnt have a freewill because he cant even come to Christ unless the Father draws him Jn 6:44

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Why does the Father have to draw a person, why cant with his own freewill he choose to come on his own ? Because he cant ! Mans will is not free to do so !