Free Will

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
What Calvinism teaches is that man's will is held in bondage by his fallen nature. Man's will can only choose good with the assistance of grace.

That's what follows from Genesis to Revelation.

beloved57

[MENTION=17355]popsthebuilder[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9508]Robert Pate[/MENTION], I tagged you both to see that Beloved57 has been directly answered on this matter, so I guess her 10 year drought is over.

Isaiah 61:1

The Spirit of Adonai Elohim is upon me, because Adonai has anointed me to announce good news to the poor. He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted; to proclaim freedom to the captives, to let out into light those bound in the dark;

So, according to your logic [MENTION=6223]beloved57[/MENTION], God set us free from freedom of choice.

And while we are on this topic, the words free will won't be specifically used IN ANY VERSE, because it is a theological idea. This is exactly like the fact that TULIP isn't in the Bible. It is theological terminology of humanity and for you to disqualify free will from any verse because that exact arrangement of verbiage isn't present is to disqualify TULIP.

The T is for Total Depravity and this simply builds on the idea that mankind has a fallen nature..... wow.. seriously? It takes a theologian to state the obvious? I think not! And high Calvinism goes as far as to say that God elected Depravity as well as saves the Elect. The flaw in this is so obvious it needs no more addressing.

The U is for "unconditional Election", which is stated in dirty verbiage as Once saved always saved. It also sounds great until you realize that only the ones God chose can have this, and the others are out in the cold lost, no matter what they say or do.

The L is for Limited Atonement and quite frankly... the Limit part of it reveals its utter vulgarity!

The I is for Irresistible Grace.... I like this one and agree with it almost totally.

The P is for Perseverance of the Saints and again is a once saved always saved reference.

So.... There are 3 points that reassure the Calvinist that they are elected and good with God for utter salvation and 2 points that Condemn with malice the ... Non Elect, Depraved, Worthless children of God that He created with the intent of punishing for an eternity.

Now [MENTION=6223]beloved57[/MENTION], I asked you a few days ago this very question and it remains unanswered. Please tell me if you think John Calvin is infallible.

Still looking for the scripture that says man has a freewill?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I am pleased to know that God's Will is being accomplished in my life, not by anything I have done by exercising my own so-called freewill, but that He, by His Grace and Mercy alone for all His Elect chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:3-7 has accomplished by the Blood Work of Christ my Surety, all that is necessary to obtain the Eternal Inheritance promised to me before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9!

Praise the Lord!
So if everything is predestined, then does that mean that God predestined down to the picosecond how long a pedophile would rape a child? How long a rapist would rape his victim? The method with which a psychopath murderer uses to torture and kill his victim?

The God you propose is a disgusting god, not worthy of worship, but of loathing and hatred.

The God of the open theist made man with the ability to love. However, love can only be possible if one has the ability to hate. Love is freely given. God did not make us robots, nor is God a robot.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Where's your name :idunno:

My real name is in there and spelled that way too, but it's not talking about me... ; )

# Wise guy come back to a wise guy

# Points for making me laugh at your quick comeback.

# We can be friends, just don't push your ism on me. :idunno:

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Still looking for the scripture that says man has a freewill?

Oh My G... oodness!

I've got it! Choice denotes free will.

"Choose ye this day whome ye will serve"

Is this referenced choice a mere illusion?

# Tee He He... Boom!

Edited in reinforcement;

If scripture is authored by God Who does not sew confusion, then the Calvinist perspective would read...

; I am one of God's chosen and you have no choice in this matter.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
What you don't see is truth!

So what are you looking for...

"And God in His non-Tyrant nature, granted them free-will"

We rattle each other's cage pretty good, but sincerely, what is to be gained from following the doctrines of high Calvinism?

Dumb comments!

And..... that is your intelligent response how?

# My sense of humor can disarm your insult style

# Shaulin sense of humor prevails

# Dumb means cannot speak... you would be doing better today if I couldn't.

# And to think I was minding my own business until the Calvin-Club decided to bash Israel and the Jews

# "I'm like a bad penny"

Nanja

Child murderers? God essentially made the pederest with that logic. He then would follow suit and be equally His own adversary.

Are you suggesting the adversary of God is God?

God created the vessels of wrath fitted for destruction.

They are totally accountable to God for their sin and will be likewise punished.
For the wages of sin is death Rom. 6:23:

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

They are totally accountable to God for their sin and will be likewise punished.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

That He controlled in the first place? So not only is He responsible for their evil, but He punishes them for doing His will too?

#God Father Part 4

#Serial Killers should become non-elect Calvinists. They would have instant explanation for their infirmities.

#God reprobated me

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

So you're saying that God is a sadist? That He punishes those for obeying His will?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I am pleased to know that God's Will is being accomplished in my life, not by anything I have done by exercising my own so-called freewill, but that He, by His Grace and Mercy alone for all His Elect chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:3-7 has accomplished by the Blood Work of Christ my Surety, all that is necessary to obtain the Eternal Inheritance promised to me before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9!

Praise the Lord!
Perhaps you could respond to this?
So if everything is predestined, then does that mean that God predestined down to the picosecond how long a pedophile would rape a child? How long a rapist would rape his victim? The method with which a psychopath murderer uses to torture and kill his victim?

The God you propose is a disgusting god, not worthy of worship, but of loathing and hatred.

The God of the open theist made man with the ability to love. However, love can only be possible if one has the ability to hate. Love is freely given. God did not make us robots, nor is God a robot.