Free Will

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Man doesnt have a freewill because he cant even come to Christ unless the Father draws him Jn 6:44

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Why does the Father have to draw a person, why cant with his own freewill he choose to come on his own ? Because he cant ! Mans will is not free to do so !
That's talking about our inability to redeem ourselves with God through our own deeds.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have read those verses over a hundred times before, not one of them stated that man has a freewill. You must cant read !
And did you check out the debates on this topic I linked to in my above comment?

Perhaps you could respond to this (post #70):
So if everything is predestined, then does that mean that God predestined down to the picosecond how long a pedophile would rape a child? How long a rapist would rape his victim? The method with which a psychopath murderer uses to torture and kill his victim?

The God you propose is a disgusting god, not worthy of worship, but of loathing and hatred.

The God of the open theist made man with the ability to love. However, love can only be possible if one has the ability to hate. Love is freely given. God did not make us robots, nor is God a robot.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Show me the verse that says man has a freewill, and i will check that ! And then I will respond
[MENTION=17355]popsthebuilder[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9508]Robert Pate[/MENTION], I tagged you both to see that Beloved57 has been directly answered on this matter, so I guess her 10 year drought is over.

Isaiah 61:1

The Spirit of Adonai Elohim is upon me, because Adonai has anointed me to announce good news to the poor. He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted; to proclaim freedom to the captives, to let out into light those bound in the dark;

So, according to your logic [MENTION=6223]beloved57[/MENTION], God set us free from freedom of choice.

And while we are on this topic, the words free will won't be specifically used IN ANY VERSE, because it is a theological idea. This is exactly like the fact that TULIP isn't in the Bible. It is theological terminology of humanity and for you to disqualify free will from any verse because that exact arrangement of verbiage isn't present is to disqualify TULIP.

The T is for Total Depravity and this simply builds on the idea that mankind has a fallen nature..... wow.. seriously? It takes a theologian to state the obvious? I think not! And high Calvinism goes as far as to say that God elected Depravity as well as saves the Elect. The flaw in this is so obvious it needs no more addressing.

The U is for "unconditional Election", which is stated in dirty verbiage as Once saved always saved. It also sounds great until you realize that only the ones God chose can have this, and the others are out in the cold lost, no matter what they say or do.

The L is for Limited Atonement and quite frankly... the Limit part of it reveals its utter vulgarity!

The I is for Irresistible Grace.... I like this one and agree with it almost totally.

The P is for Perseverance of the Saints and again is a once saved always saved reference.

So.... There are 3 points that reassure the Calvinist that they are elected and good with God for utter salvation and 2 points that Condemn with malice the ... Non Elect, Depraved, Worthless children of God that He created with the intent of punishing for an eternity.

Now [MENTION=6223]beloved57[/MENTION], I asked you a few days ago this very question and it remains unanswered. Please tell me if you think John Calvin is infallible.

Some emphasis mine.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
All sinners deserve to be punished in hell.

Grace that saves souls from this fate, comes from God and is the very Gospel of God . . Which Gospel of salvation in and by Jesus Christ, Calvin proclaimed.

Too bad you seem to have a problem with that . . .

Like I said...

Nang 3:16

Jamie Gigliotti

What scripture says that?

"In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now He commands all people everywhere to repent." Acts 17:30

"This is good and pleases God our savior, who wants all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth" 1 Timothy 2:3-4

We agree (I assume) God is all powerful and can do what he wants. These verses clearly show God wants everyone to be saved (because he loves us all). Logically the only possibility is that He allows us to choose.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
What scripture says that men have a freewill? I have been asking that question here for a decade!

So you know... I'm having to take a humorous tone here.

Really... [MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION] nailed this with scripture that screams of free will. [MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION] has unanswered debate and He too has solidly supported free will. [MENTION=17355]popsthebuilder[/MENTION] has substantiated it with his posts in a very clear way. [MENTION=17188]Jamie Gigliotti[/MENTION] nailed it also and has some strong supporting verses....

In fact, It would take me a while to give credit to everyone who nailed it on the money!

I think I know why you haven't received a verse on free will yet!

Picture 10 elephants in a room. Now imagine that people keep telling you that there is an elephant in the room and you say that they are full of hogwash.

Someone points you towards an elephant, but you close your eyes and say... "I see no elephant".

I could go on with this, but I think the point is clear.

beloved57

So you know... I'm having to take a humorous tone here.

Really... [MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION] nailed this with scripture that screams of free will. [MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION] has unanswered debate and He too has solidly supported free will. [MENTION=17355]popsthebuilder[/MENTION] has substantiated it with his posts in a very clear way. [MENTION=1221]James G[/MENTION]igliotti nailed it also and has some strong supporting verses....

In fact, It would take me a while to give credit to everyone who nailed it on the money!

I think I know why you haven't received a verse on free will yet!

Picture 10 elephants in a room. Now imagine that people keep telling you that there is an elephant in the room and you say that they are full of hogwash.

Someone points you towards an elephant, but you close your eyes and say... "I see no elephant".

I could go on with this, but I think the point is clear.

Still waiting. At this rate it will be two decades.

Nanja

We agree (I assume) God is all powerful and can do what he wants. These verses clearly show God wants everyone to be saved (because he loves us all). Logically the only possibility is that He allows us to choose.

The only sinners Christ came to Save Mat. 1:21 are God's Elect chosen in union with Him before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4; 2 Tim. 1:9: Spiritual Israel, of all men, jew and gentile, the Seed of Christ Acts 13:23 that was Promised Salvation.

Is. 45:17
But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.