Forgiving others

Forgiving others

• ...only when they acknowledge their sin against you.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

God's Truth

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]16 [/B][/FONT]I repeat: Let no one take me for a fool. But if you do, [U]then tolerate me just as you would a fool[/U], so that I may do a little boasting.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]17 [/B][/FONT]In this self-confident boasting [U]I am not talking as the Lord would, but as a fool[/U].[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]18 [/B][/FONT]Since many are boasting in the way the world does, I too will boast.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]19 [/B][/FONT]You gladly put up with fools since you are so wise![/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]

[/FONT]
[FONT="]Whatever anyone else dares to boast about—[U]I am speaking as a fool[/U]—I also dare to boast about.

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.[/FONT]
[FONT="][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, who is to be praised forever,knows that I am not lying.[/FONT][FONT="]
[/FONT]

If you read those scriptures more carefully Paul boasts that he obeys but he does not boast that he preaches the gospel.

glorydaz

Though you try you just can't get out of the fact that Paul boasted. Paul boasted in his obedience and he says he boasts in us and we can boast in ourselves and in each other.

You just can't admit you're wrong. You falsely accuse Paul of exalting himself. He never did. We can boast about others, there's nothing wrong with that. It's self adulation that is wrong.

2 Cor. 10:17 But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

2 Cor. 10:18 For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.​

God's Truth

The Jews used to be able to boast in the ceremonial works.

Again, those ‘WORKS’ are the ceremonial works. Those are the works the Jews USED TO be able to boast in; not anymore, because now anyone can be saved by just having faith the sins they repent of are washed away.

Galatians 6:13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh.

Philippians 3:3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh--

Did you read that? The boasting was done in the CEREMONIAL works. Paul is NOT putting down obeying, as you teach. Paul is speaking of not being able to boast in the ceremonial works, i.e. CIRCUMCSION.

God's Truth

You just can't admit you're wrong. You falsely accuse Paul of exalting himself. He never did. We can boast about others, there's nothing wrong with that. It's self adulation that is wrong.
If Paul did not obey and humble himself, Jesus would not have exalted him.

You can't shame one for obeying.

We are blessed when we obey and preach the truth.

God's Truth

gd,

We are blessed as a family member and friend if we do what Jesus says.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

Did you read those teachings from Jesus?

Can you imagine being condemned for teaching those things that Jesus said, as you are doing to me?

Can you imagine someone saying to someone else that they are blessed by Jesus because they obeyed, and someone like you comes along and says you boaster you are condemned and in falseness for boasting?

Can you imagine someone else saying to someone that they are Jesus' family and friend because they obey Jesus and someone like you says no you boaster you are evil and cursed?

glorydaz

If Paul did not obey and humble himself, Jesus would not have exalted him.

You can't shame one for obeying.

We are blessed when we obey and preach the truth.

YOU SAID Paul boasted in himself. Now you're trying to deny what you have said? :doh:

You simply cannot be taken seriously.

glorydaz

gd,

We are blessed as a family member and friend if we do what Jesus says.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

Did you read those teachings from Jesus?

Can you imagine being condemned for teaching those things that Jesus said, as you are doing to me?

Can you imagine someone saying to someone else that they are blessed by Jesus because they obeyed, and someone like you comes along and says you boaster you are condemned and in falseness for boasting?

Can you imagine someone else saying to someone that they are Jesus' family and friend because they obey Jesus and someone like you says no you boaster you are evil and cursed?

There ya go....giving excuses for boasting. Boasting is excluded by the law of Faith.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I am glad you can see how much Paul boasted.

Boasting that you humbled yourself and gave your life to God is not a boasting to be ashamed of doing.

The boasting that we can't do is boast in the ceremonial works of the law like circumcision.
Paul only boasted in the Lord. Do you see that Paul says FOOLS boast?

God's Truth

What GT does is what kids these days call the humblebrag.

You don't hear me bragging ever. You just are trying to make it shameful to preach obedience and to obey.

Jesus tells us who he saves so that if someone wants to be saved and is not, they can do what Jesus says and his words are true.

God's Truth

Paul only boasted in the Lord. Do you see that Paul says FOOLS boast?

I gave you scriptures from other letters and chapters too, but you ignore them.

So what did you say about fools boast? 2 Corinthians 12:6
Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth.

Paul said he would NOT be a fool.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I gave you scriptures from other letters and chapters too, but you ignore them.

So what did you say about fools boast? 2 Corinthians 12:6
Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth.

Paul said he would NOT be a fool.
You interpret the words to fit your opinion. 6 For though I might desire to boast, I will not be a fool;

See? Fools boast in their obedience like you do.