ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

glorydaz

It was derailed by GT's erroneous notion that the Apostle Paul was asserting that only the ceremonial aspects of the Law are no longer applicable to and or for righteousness before God.

In others words, her same old heresy in her confusion that God's forgiveness this side of the Cross is based on a work on one's part.

The poor woman could be no worse off in this shipwrecked faith that is her gross misunderstanding were she shipwrecked on Gilligan's Island with that bumbling idiot; Gilligan, ever keeping them from receiving their salvation from that island every time it shows up, only for him to screw it up by his fool interference with what has already been made sure.

That is what happened to this thread - our "little buddy" GT, happened.

Yeah, "little buddy" has 50 posts in the last nine pages....nearly twice the number of the next highest poster. She is so full of herself that she makes the Good Year blimp look small.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Forgiving and Forgiveness

Derailing is like saying let's talk (post) about something else, I don't mind a side trip in a thread but extended side trip isn't right.

We need to put some effort in coming back to forgiving and forgiveness. Especially what we are taught in the N/T. I think we need to have a better understanding of it (thinking out loud)

Last edited:

God's Truth

Derailing is like saying let's talk (post) about something, I don't mind a side trip in a thread but extended side trip isn't right.

We need to put some effort in coming back to forgiving and forgiveness. Especially what we are taught in the N/T. I think we need to have a better understanding of it (thinking out loud)

Haven't you heard enough about forgiveness?

Why don't you stand up to those who are bullying me instead of standing up for a thread topic that has been fully discussed? What is wrong with you?

Danoh

Derailing is like saying let's talk (post) about something, I don't mind a side trip in a thread but extended side trip isn't right.

All the understanding needed is in Eph. 4:32, in light of Gal. 2:20 - God's love toward us in His Son when forgiveness was what we least deserved, Rom. 5:8.

Its is clear from Matt. 8: 1, 2, 3, 4, and Matt. 23:1, 2, 3, when compared with Rom. 3:19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 why the forgiveness in Matthew-thru John is conditional.

That, in contrast to the fact that forgiveness today is based on the forgiveness we have in Christ’s death for our sin, and resurrection for our justification, 2 Cor. 5:21; Col. 2: 13, 14.

What more is there to say other than to introduce more of the confusion this thread has mostly gone on about for over a thousand posts now.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

want to see 239 posts disappear?

just put her on ignore

just the same
it is sad
and
I will do my best to keep it going
and
on topic
to some extant
all those who responded to her are responsible

brinny

Forgiving and Forgiveness

God bless us, ev'ry one

t4622.gif

de3129ec30f91357368a6a4a9b32d7a1.jpg

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it would be nice to discuss why someone might not say the Lord's prayer
and
I think it would be on topic

God's Truth

All the understanding needed is in Eph. 4:32, in light of Gal. 2:20 - God's love toward us in His Son when forgiveness was what we least deserved, Rom. 5:8.

Its is clear from Matt. 8: 1, 2, 3, 4, and Matt. 23:1, 2, 3, when compared with Rom. 3:19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 why the forgiveness in Matthew-thru John is conditional.

That, in contrast to the fact that forgiveness today is based on the forgiveness we have in Christ’s death for our sin, and resurrection for our justification, 2 Cor. 5:21; Col. 2: 13, 14.

What more is there to say other than to introduce more of the confusion this thread has mostly gone on about for over a thousand posts now.

No one enters God's grace without first having faith that Jesus' blood washes away the sins they are repenting of doing.

Romans 5:2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.

John the baptizer, the forerunner of Jesus taught repent of your sins. Jesus Christ himself taught to repent of our sins. All the Apostles taught repent of sins, and so did Apostle Paul.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

The gospel, the message that saves is about SINS, and the FORGIVENESS of sins through faith in Jesus' shed blood on the cross.

If we do not forgive, as we have been forgiven, then God will not forgive you your sins.

Matthew 18:23 “Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold was brought to him. 25 Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

26 “At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ 27 The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

28 “But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins. He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded.

29 “His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.’

30 “But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31 When the other servants saw what had happened, they were outraged and went and told their master everything that had happened.

32 “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”