ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
This is a strange teaching you have, for you claim Jesus said do not pray as the Gentiles do and that what Jesus the CHRIST said was not Christian?

Yeshua the Messiah to Israel during that time.

Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Christianity is Jew and Gentile in one body.

I claim? The Lord Jesus said it.

God's Truth

Stop trying to apply "unrighteous" (context which the perversions change) to those who have the righteousness of God upon us (the conclusion of the syllogism 1 Corinthians 6:11 KJV) made available unto all and upon all them that believe by the faith OF Jesus Christ (Romans 3:21-22 KJV).

You said a person can sin all they want as long as they believe in Jesus they are saved.

Paul says a person who believes that is deceived.

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

God's Truth

You have no idea what it meant for them to be "confessing their sins". It wasn't John listening to their list of sins (he'd still be there). It was them being identified in water!

Matthew 3:1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,

Matthew 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 3:3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Matthew 3:4 And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.

Matthew 3:5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,

Matthew 3:6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

It was a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins! Look at it!

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Mark 1:2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

Mark 1:3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Mark 1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Mark 1:5 And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.

You tried to use a scripture against me that spoke of impurity. You tried to use that scripture against me because I preach obedience to having life and the Spirit, for that is what Jesus' words are.

According to what you are saying that would make John the baptizer a person of impurity for he told people to repent of their sins. John spent much of his time baptizing people and hearing their sins. Your reasoning makes John the baptizer a sick impure person.

Acts 19:18 Many of those who believed now came and openly confessed what they had done.

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You said a person can sin all they want as long as they believe in Jesus they are saved.
This is what I said. Don't change my words.

When one has trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation they are saved and sealed and NOTHING can change that!

Paul says a person who believes that is deceived.
No, he doesn't.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men
it is the "unrighteous" that shall not inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9 KJV); shown to you over and over, but you reject it!

Don't you have the righteousness of God upon you? And if so, why do you still think yourself as unrighteous (1 Corinthians 6:9 KJV)? Are ye not 1 Corinthians 6:11 KJV)? I sure am!

Truth is, you can't see a thing (1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV, 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
If you are a false witness you will not inherit the kingdom of God.
I'm not of the "unrighteous" as I'm 1 Corinthians 6:11 KJV. I'm Colossians 2:13 KJV. I have the righteousness of God upon me (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). I'm saved (1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 KJV), sealed (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV) and fully persuaded (Romans 8:38-39 KJV) for I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day! You can't touch this salvation!

God's Truth

Yeshua the Messiah to Israel during that time.

Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Christianity is Jew and Gentile in one body.

I claim? The Lord Jesus said it.

You are badly mistaken. Jesus Christ is Lord over everyone and everything.

Jesus was the Christ while he walked the earth.

Mark starts his book by saying---

Mark 1:1 KJV The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Even Peter knew it---

Mark 8:29 KVJ And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.

John knew it---

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Not only was Jesus the Christ when he walked on the earth, Jesus was the Christ in the Old Testament with the people in the desert---

1 Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

God's Truth

This is what I said. Don't change my words.

No, he doesn't.

it is the "unrighteous" that shall not inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9 KJV); shown to you over and over, but you reject it!

Don't you have the righteousness of God upon you? And if so, why do you still think yourself as unrighteous (1 Corinthians 6:9 KJV)? Are ye not 1 Corinthians 6:11 KJV)? I sure am!

Truth is, you can't see a thing (1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV, 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

You did say a person who believes can sin all they want and that whatever they do does not matter. You said it many times.

Paul did say a person who believes that is deceived.

God's Truth

Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Paul is speaking about the Spirit cleaning the Galatians!

The Spirit cleaned the Galatians when they were saved and believed that Jesus' blood cleans them.

BUT THEN the JEWS talked them into doing the ceremonial works to clean themselves, such as GETTING CIRCUMCISED, and observing special days.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
You are badly mistaken. Jesus Christ is Lord over everyone and everything.

Jesus was the Christ while he walked the earth.

Mark starts his book by saying---

Mark 1:1 KJV The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Even Peter knew it---

Mark 8:29 KVJ And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.

John knew it---

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Not only was Jesus the Christ when he walked on the earth, Jesus was the Christ in the Old Testament with the people in the desert---

1 Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Too bad, you don't get it, so much of the time we simply allow you your headstrong ignorance.
So be it.

2edgedsword

You do not have forgiveness unless you ask for it.

You must also die to the sins of the world and live for Jesus.

You must prove your repentance by obeying.

When we start using words like "prove" in regards to our salvation and our position of righteousness, then we are deceived and beginning to walk in works based salvation and self righteousness.

God does not need you to "prove" anything to him.

JESUS + NOTHING = EVERYTHING!

Your proving to God is nothing but filthy rags. Why not rest in the God given gifts of salvation and righteousness and quit striving so hard.

Jesus said
my yoke is easy and my burden is light

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Why do you think he did?

Are you one of the lost sheep of the house of Israel, living in the great tribulation?

I don't understand your second question
so
I will just answer the first one

there is a lot of theology in the prayer
it acknowledges our dependence on God
we ask for our daily bread
and
we ask for forgiveness
doesn't this suggest that we sin every day?

God's Truth

When we start using words like "prove" in regards to our salvation and our position of righteousness, then we are deceived and beginning to walk in works based salvation and self righteousness.

You are speaking against the Word of God.

John the baptizer said for us to prove our repentance, and so did Apostle Paul.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

God does not need you to "prove" anything to him.

You are badly mistaken. God who knows everyone's heart gives the Holy Spirit to those He ACCEPTS (Acts 15:8).

JESUS + NOTHING = EVERYTHING!

Faith in Jesus WITHOUT CIRCUMCISION and the other CEREMONIAL LAWS! Not Jesus and no obedience!

Your proving to God is nothing but filthy rags. Why not rest in the God given gifts of salvation and righteousness and quit striving so hard.

Jesus said

It is never ever wrong in any way to obey God. God does not tell us our righteous acts are as filthy rags when we do what He says.
God was speaking to the Jews WHO WOULD NOT STOP SINNING. For instance, in the old law, the Jews would sin, then they had to give a sin offering as a righteous act, they had to give sin offerings just to worship God. God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins.

Your false teachers taught you wrong about the filthy rags scripture.

Your righteous act of FAITH in Jesus is a filthy rag if you do not OBEY HIM.