ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

God's Truth

What a neck you have, accusing Paul who ever taught that sin shall not have dominion over us was tormented by a sin which had gotten dominion over him...you claim.

It's rubbish.

After YEARS of accusing OSASers of using Paul's grace as a licence for sin the truth is out. YOU are using the law [and everybody including Paul's inability to keep the law] as a licence to indulge yourself in your little fleshpot, the sin which has beset you...your darling.

You could get victory over it but you don't want to.

Just listen to yourself. Are you going to finally admit that we have to obey and can obey?

God's Truth

Apologies ....

I am reminded of Corrie ten Boom who travelled Europe after the war preaching forgiveness. While in Germany she was confronted after meeting with one of the cruellest prison guards of Ravensbruch [where her sister Betty had died] He had been saved.

Now he stretched out his hand to Corrie to thank her for forgiving him.

Corrie froze

She cried inwardly to the Lord "how can I love such a man?" in utter anguish of soul. But the Lord showed her she must forgive or go home and never preach again. He said "you put forth your hand and I will supply the love"

Corrie did so, purely mechanically she put out her hand and as the German officer took her hand Corrie's heart was flooded with God's love for the man. She heartily forgave him.

She would not of had that if she did not obey what Jesus says about forgiving.

We have to obey to be saved, and to stay saved!

God's Truth

You are believing in a false gospel of works.

The Truths of TULIP is the Gospel of God's Grace!

beloved57

~~~~~

At least, you believe we have to obey. However, you preach a strange and perverted contradictory doctrine that says we cannot believe and obey until AFTER WE ARE SAVED.

There is never ever a wrong time to obey.

Anyone can make their heart right before God if they want to be saved.

God's Truth

So you also preach a false gospel of works.
You had to cooperate and close the deal. :nono:

But Salvation is all God's Work from start to finish.
The Gospel Acts 20:24 speaks of how God's Grace was given to all His Elect in Christ Jesus,
their Covenant Head and Mediator, before the the world began 2 Tim. 1:9; Titus 1:2 .
It was not offered or just made available to them; but given!
So then, when His Sons Eph. 1:5 are born in time, Father will draw them John 6:44,
make them Spiritually Alive in the New Birth 1 Pet 1:3 and will lead them by the Spirit to Christ. Rom. 8:14-17.

~~~~~

Paul was speaking about the CEREMONIAL WORKS! Those are the works the PHARISITICAL Paul was speaking about!

God commanded Moses to command the people to do CERTAIN WORKS just to be able to go to the tent, and later the temple, just to WORSHIP GOD. The people had to do certain things to clean themselves before an all Holy God.

We do not have to do THOSE WORKS anymore. It does not mean we no longer have to abstain from evil and do right---it means we no longer have to be circumcised and other such things!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
So you also preach a false gospel of works.
You had to cooperate and close the deal. :nono:

But Salvation is all God's Work from start to finish.
The Gospel Acts 20:24 speaks of how God's Grace was given to all His Elect in Christ Jesus,
their Covenant Head and Mediator, before the the world began 2 Tim. 1:9; Titus 1:2 .
It was not offered or just made available to them; but given!
So then, when His Sons Eph. 1:5 are born in time, Father will draw them John 6:44,
make them Spiritually Alive in the New Birth 1 Pet 1:3 and will lead them by the Spirit to Christ. Rom. 8:14-17.

~~~~~

What do you do when you are led to Christ? Paul taught repentance, did you repent?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
At least, you believe we have to obey. However, you preach a strange and perverted contradictory doctrine that says we cannot believe and obey until AFTER WE ARE SAVED.

There is never ever a wrong time to obey.

Anyone can make their heart right before God if they want to be saved.

Yes.

We teach our children to obey the law until they keep it by their own volition from their heart, by the Spirit.

Gal 4:1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
Gal 4:2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
Gal 4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

While we are still this side of the resurrection we are still subject to the restraints of Gods Holy law.

To say we are not subject to Gods law, is to say the resurrection is past--

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
2Ti 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
2Ti 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
2Ti 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
2Ti 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
2Ti 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

If you tell believers they are not under any restraint of the law then they will easily fall into temptations because their old flesh is still very much alive until crucified.

Young believers think they are fully sanctified, not realizing the Lord is nursing them but when they go to war then the world the flesh and devil will soon find them out.

LA

God's Truth

Where did you pick up this frantic demon?

You should be more considered about not blaspheming.

It is what Jesus says.

You will not 'see' anything until you obey Jesus. See John 14:21, and 7:17.

The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

God's Truth

Yes.

We teach our children to obey the law until they keep it by their own volition from their heart, by the Spirit.

Gal 4:1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
Gal 4:2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
Gal 4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

While we are still this side of the resurrection we are still subject to the restraints of Gods Holy law.

To say we are not subject to Gods law, is to say the resurrection is past--

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
2Ti 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
2Ti 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
2Ti 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
2Ti 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
2Ti 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

If you tell believers they are not under any restraint of the law then they will easily fall into temptations because their old flesh is still very much alive until crucified.

Young believers think they are fully sanctified, not realizing the Lord is nursing them but when they go to war then the world the flesh and devil will soon find them out.

LA

What you did was bring out something that nullifies the false doctrines of faith alone and Calvinism even more; and that is that children obey their parents teachings, and yet they may not have understanding about Jesus dying for their sins.

Faith alone and Calvinism is defeated by looking at a child.

God's Truth

To all those who say we are saved by faith alone and do not have to obey...ask a small child that has not been indoctrinated with your beliefs if they believe we have to obey God. You will be rebuked by a small child.

Nanja

What do you do when you are led to Christ? Paul taught repentance, did you repent?

When an Elect Child of God has been made Spiritually Alive in the New Birth, sure they will repent!

2 Cor. 7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of:
but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

That's what happens when one's heart is pricked:

The New Birth is characteristic of when an Elect Child of God 1 Pet. 1:2 is given a New Heart Ezek. 36:26-27.
Then that New Heart is pricked Acts 2:37-38 KJV into obedience to Christ.

"A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven." John 3:27

Repentance is not a work one does to become Saved, but it's given to only
those who have been promised Salvation Rom. 11:5 which comprises
not only jews but also gentiles Acts 11:18: Israel!

Acts 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour,
for to give repentance to Israel [the Chosen Seed; God's Elect], and forgiveness of sins.

Is. 45:17 But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation:
ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

~~~~~

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
To all those who say we are saved by faith alone and do not have to obey...ask a small child that has not been indoctrinated with your beliefs if they believe we have to obey God. You will be rebuked by a small child.
If you raise up a child with caring, respect and fairness you can easily help establish and nurture the quality of self-discipline. Your children will obey the authority of that "still, small voice within" instead of being swayed by outside forces or authority figures.

We need to help raise up our children to resist man-made, authoritarian and obedience-based forces. Many children today have been seduced into taking their peer group, other adults or parts of our culture as the authority for their behavior.

If anyone has ever studied the Milgram Experiment [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment] it tells us the horrific results of orienting one's life around authority figures.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Believing is not a work. I always find it interesting when someone quotes one verse and ignores another. Why is it that you will not believe what Paul says in one place, but you do in another. :think:

Romans 4:4-5
Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.​

When I see it's raining outside, I had nothing to do with making it rain, but I was persuaded it was raining when I felt the rain drops and saw them splattering on the ground.

Excellent

Danoh

If you raise up a child with caring, respect and fairness you can easily help establish and nurture the quality of self-discipline. Your children will obey the authority of that "still, small voice within" instead of being swayed by outside forces or authority figures.

We need to help raise up our children to resist man-made, authoritarian and obedience-based forces. Many children today have been seduced into taking their peer group, other adults or parts of our culture as the authority for their behavior.

If anyone has ever studied the Milgram Experiment [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment] it tells us the horrific results of orienting one's life around authority figures.

Yo, Aiki, that link is off somehow - here ya go:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

glorydaz

Those who believe coming before a jealous God of justice and judgment who demands a blood sacrifice might be the same folks who don't accept Jesus' God as he specified in the "Lord's Prayer."

I see Jesus as belonging to the ancient biblical tradition of a God of mercy who wants us to come before him with repentance and forgiveness only.

The spilling of blood on the altar for payment of sin got its start from Aaron and the priestly cult he stood for.

The "Jesus saved humankind from sin by dying on the cross" is another opposite tradition that is also found weaved in and out from Genesis onto the New Testament.

It's theological expression wasn't worked out until about 900 years after Jesus had long been crucified.

I do see Christian written under your name, don't I? :think:

glorydaz

Yes, it is. Believing is something a person does.

~~~~

No, it isn't. Did you read the verse from Romans 4? Read it again...and again. It's right there. It would bite you if it was a snake. :)

Being persuaded of a truth is not something we do. It's something the truth accomplishes just because of it's very existence as truth. Did I have one single thing to do with it raining? Now, if I were to do something, I'd have to close my eyes and run in the house....then I could claim it wasn't raining. Then you could claim I'd done something.

God's Truth

You don't know what you are talking about. Love is obedience. Those who deny the words from God are not wise. Love is obedience, for if you are not obeying, you are causing harm. If you are causing harm, how is that love? You need to trust God and do what He says so that you will get wisdom.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, it isn't. Did you read the verse from Romans 4? Read it again...and again. It's right there. It would bite you if it was a snake. :)

Being persuaded of a truth is not something we do. It's something the truth accomplishes just because of it's very existence as truth. Did I have one single thing to do with it raining? Now, if I were to do something, I'd have to close my eyes and run in the house....then I could claim it wasn't raining. Then you could claim I'd done something.

Unfortunately, Nanja is a follower of that "false doctrine spouting" B57, and cannot accept truth when it's explained to her.
You see, B57 is a card carrying "Hyper-Calvinist Extremest" who believes God creates all sin.