ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Danoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by steko
Yeshua the Messiah to Israel during that time.

Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Christianity is Jew and Gentile in one body.

I claim? The Lord Jesus said it.

You are badly mistaken. Jesus Christ is Lord over everyone and everything.

Jesus was the Christ while he walked the earth.

Mark starts his book by saying---

Mark 1:1 KJV The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Even Peter knew it---

Mark 8:29 KVJ And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ.

John knew it---

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Not only was Jesus the Christ when he walked on the earth, Jesus was the Christ in the Old Testament with the people in the desert---

1 Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

1] How does what Steko wrote make Christ not the Christ?

2] You are blind to what you are doing.

3] And because you are; there is no getting through to you.

4] How are you blind? As follows...

Your response to Steko - that I have quoted here - makes it obvious that you did not read Steko's words.

5] What you did was read what you concluded he meant.

6] You then believed that was what he meant, and then responded to it - from what you read into his words.

Where in his reply did his words indicate Jesus is not/was not always the Christ?

6] This is exactly why no one - not even the Spirit through His Word; the Scriptures - can get through to you.

7] Because you read what you think is being spoken about in the passages into and then conclude you understood what It was talking about.

8] You are blind to your doing this because you refuse to actually observe yourself doing this as you sit there and the passages.

You are like some child playing under the sink, and drinking the Draino when it becomes thirsty "because water is for thirst, water is a liquid, this bottle [Draino] has liquid in it and I am thirsty..."

9] You don't even know what I meant by that example; do you?

10] And, no, I am not debating with you. Debate involves at least two people who each know they are talking about.

Rather, I am doing what just about everyone on here ends up having to do with you - correct you.

11] Not that you have a clue about anything I said or you would prove that you do.

12] You are blind...

13] Blind...

14] Blind...

15] I truly feel sorry for you that you do not even know what I am talking about in this post.

16] Shut everyone up. Explain what I am talking about in this post, even if you do not agree with it.

18] You won't be able to; because you have made yourself blind by your own poor habit of reading what you think is being discussed into what you are reading.

"Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;" Titus 1:13.

19] I add that passage about believers to believers because I am still not sure if you are lost or saved. I am dead certain you are clueless. Of that much I have no doubt.

20] So clueless you don't know which came first - belief in the Cross or what you now profess. You are that clueless about salvation - you don't even know that moment of you own, if it took place or not, or how, or when - all you have is your confused report after what ever actually took place.

21] I use that passage because you leave me like the Calvinist does - not a clue about how he ended up saved - just that he ended up saved and here is the manmade formula as to its details.

That is you in your own version of that mess.

22] Now watch you conclude I am calling you a Calvinist...

Last edited:

2edgedsword

Faith in Jesus WITHOUT CIRCUMCISION and the other CEREMONIAL LAWS! Not Jesus and no obedience!

Ok I will ask this since you follow the law.

Do you require the females in your house to leave the house and stay out of the house during menstruation?

This post is not designed to put you off, get you upset , or be disrespectful or vulgar in anyway.

It is however designed to make you think about what you are saying.

Danoh

what does that mean?

That when He said that; who He said that to had already been identified within the overall narrative from which He said what He said to whom he did.

Look at your question from the resulting overall perspective all the following results in.

Matthew 10:

5. These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6. But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matthew 15:

24. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Are you a member of said lost sheep of the house of Israel He said those words to, given what He was then dealing with them towards?

Romans 8:

8. Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
9. And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.
10. And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.
11. And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.
12. And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Towards that He was "not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

That through them the Gentiles might rejoice with his people.

...that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.

That Israel, having obeyed the Lord, might confess His name among the Gentiles.

He was addressing the lost sheep of the house of Israel towards this goal - he was not addressing you or I, as the above has yet to see its particular order - note its emphasis - "as it s written."

For example, you see this here - Luke 24:

20. And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.
21. But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

25. Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26. Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
27. And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Meaning?

44. And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets,
and in the psalms, concerning me.
45. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
46. And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
47. And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Why Jerusalem? Towards His "as it is written" goal - Isaiah 2's:

1. The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
2. And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
3. And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths:
for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
4. And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword
against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
5. O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

Thus, this question and one aspect of its answer - Acts 1:

6. When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7. And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Some time later after which we read, in Romans 11:

11. I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
12. Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

So, what happened to Israel's prophesied rise first - "as it is written"?

25. For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles
be come in.

26. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27. For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28. As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father’s sakes.
29. For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

"As it is written"?

Isaiah 59:

17. For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak.
18. According to their deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompence to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompence.
19. So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.
20. And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
21. As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.

Danoh

do you mean Jesus did not redeem the house of israel?

Consider the following...

You often appear to make many statements and or ask as many questions as if you are not very familiar with Scripture.

Then, when your statements and or your questions are addressed - and this, by laying out passages that might help give you a perspective through which you might approach seeing things through, you make more statements and or ask more questions...as if you are not very familiar with Scripture.

Think on that a moment; what does it say about where you perhaps deduce your two and two from?

Which is fine if you are not that familiar with Scripture but are also not one to assert as much as you do as if you are.

Think on that some.

And no, that was not what I meant.

Sincerely,

God's Truth

Ok I will ask this since you follow the law.
I follow the new law.
Do you require the females in your house to leave the house and stay out of the house during menstruation?

This post is not designed to put you off, get you upset , or be disrespectful or vulgar in anyway.

It is however designed to make you think about what you are saying.

Why would I do the ceremonial works that you just mentioned? Why would I do the ceremonial works when Jesus fulfilled them?

From where did you learn all your false beliefs?

God's Truth

Then why are you telling us you follow the law?:confused:

Where did I say I follow the law? I told you that I follow the NEW law.
I explained the scriptures to those who think that Paul was saying we do not have to obey. Paul was explaining that we do not have to obey the ceremonial law.

2edgedsword

Where did I say I follow the law? I told you that I follow the NEW law.
I explained the scriptures to those who think that Paul was saying we do not have to obey. Paul was explaining that we do not have to obey the ceremonial law.

Then I must have misunderstood you, because what you wrote did not came across that way. My Apologies.

Danoh

Did I miss something, what happened to forgiving and forgiveness.

It was derailed by GT's erroneous notion that the Apostle Paul was asserting that only the ceremonial aspects of the Law are no longer applicable to and or for righteousness before God.

In others words, her same old heresy in her confusion that God's forgiveness this side of the Cross is based on a work on one's part.

The poor woman could be no worse off in this shipwrecked faith that is her gross misunderstanding were she shipwrecked on Gilligan's Island with that bumbling idiot; Gilligan, ever keeping them from receiving their salvation from that island every time it shows up, only for him to screw it up by his fool interference with what has already been made sure.

That is what happened to this thread - our "little buddy" GT, happened.

Danoh

I'd say you need to look in the mirror when you ask that question.

~~~~~

There's your problem with GM, he looks in the mirror - the right mirror - and sees 2 Corinthians 3's:

18. But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the LORD.

Try it some time, Nanj.

God's Truth

It was derailed by GT's erroneous notion that the Apostle Paul was asserting that only the ceremonial aspects of the Law are no longer applicable to and or for righteousness before God.

In others words, her same old heresy in her confusion that God's forgiveness this side of the Cross is based on a work on one's part.

The poor woman could be no worse off in this shipwrecked faith that is her gross misunderstanding were she shipwrecked on Gilligan's Island with that bumbling idiot; Gilligan, ever keeping them from receiving their salvation from that island every time it shows up, only for him to screw it up by his fool interference with what has already been made sure.

That is what happened to this thread - our "little buddy" GT, happened.

Just listen to yourself. You are claiming that obedience to God's Word will ship wreck you.