Eternal suffering is not Literal

kjw47

Banned
You already said that. What are you trying to accomplish by mindlessly repeating yourself?

So far, you've not told us what (if anything) you mean by your extra-Biblical phrase, "have a God"/"has a God". If you actually mean something by it, then why can't you tell us what you mean by it?

The mislead serve a false God. The followers of Jesus listen to him-John 4:22-24-Hesaid the true followers would worship the Father in spirit and truth---Not the Father, son and holy spirit. He first warned about the other gods being false beside the one he pointed his followers to. It takes believing Jesus over the errors.

kjw47

Banned
Ok, and what's your point?

Saying it doesn't make it so.
Repeating yourself isn't going to change that.

Jesus real followers believe Jesus-Am i correct? He pointed all to the true God-John 4:22-24--So the only question is who will you believe.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
The mislead serve a false God. The followers of Jesus listen to him-John 4:22-24-Hesaid the true followers would worship the Father in spirit and truth---Not the Father, son and holy spirit. He first warned about the other gods being false beside the one he pointed his followers to. It takes believing Jesus over the errors.

Don't just write up a heap of gibberish and post it as if it were a "reply" to my post, as you've done, here, yet again. Instead, read what I have written in my post, and try to respond rationally to it, or don't even bother to hit "Post reply".

Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish on TOL?

way 2 go

Right.
OK, back to the OP.
What do you say happens to the wicked upon their deaths?
That is, on the day of judgement?
when the unregenerate die

luke 16:22 ... The rich one also died and was buried.
23 And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, ...

then

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, the small and the great, stand before God. And the books were opened, and another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead in it. And death and hell delivered up the dead in them. And each one of them was judged according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Don't just write up a heap of gibberish and post it as if it were a "reply" to my post, as you've done, here, yet again. Instead, read what I have written in my post, and try to respond rationally to it, or don't even bother to hit "Post reply".

Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish on TOL?
To show how dumb /on drugs he is of course. I mean that's certainly the only thing he is actually accomplishing. So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

way 2 go

Sure, but that doesn't mean that EVERYTHING is symbolism.

Please tell us, if "eternal punishment" is symbolism, then what does it symbolize? And, continuing off of that, if "eternal punishment" is symbolism, then "eternal life" must also be symbolism, since it was spoken in the same sentence, and probably the same breath, so what does "eternal life" symbolize"?

Or, if you assert that "eternal life" is NOT symbolic, then why do you assert that "eternal punishment" IS symbolic?
jw avoided this , not surprised
Those who teach eternal suffering are teaching there is life in death.
no,the bible teaches the unregenerate exist after death
Rev20:12 And I saw the dead, the small and the great, stand before God.
One must have eternal life to suffer eternally if it were literal.
no , just exist

Isa 14:9 The place of death is excited that you are coming. Sheol is waking the spirits of all the leaders of the earth for you. Sheol is making the kings stand up from their thrones to meet you.
Isa 14:10 They will make fun of you, saying, "Now you are as dead as we are. Now you are just like us.

Hoping

Banned
Jesus answered that--Enter through the narrow gate, for cramped is the road that leads off into life, FEW are the ones finding it. For MANY have entered the broad and spacious path that leads to destruction.)= eternal destruction.
Agreed.
To me that means an eternity in the lake of fire with the rebellious angels.
Rev 20:15..."And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
Rev 20:10..."And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

Hoping

Banned
when the unregenerate die

luke 16:22 ... The rich one also died and was buried.
23 And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, ...

then

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, the small and the great, stand before God. And the books were opened, and another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead in it. And death and hell delivered up the dead in them. And each one of them was judged according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death.
That is right.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The mislead

*misled

serve a false God.

God is not false. You have been misled. Thus, you serve a false god.

The followers of Jesus listen to him-

So far, you've ignored everything I quoted from Him. Telling, isn't it?

Here's the list again for you that proves that Christ's entire ministry was self-focused (which if He wasn't God, would be idolatry and blasphemy):

Thus Saith the Lord: If we count how many times the Old Testament prophets said, "Thus says the Lord" we find them using that phrase, in the New King James Version of the Bible, about 420 times. The New Testament on the other hand, never once records that phrase. Jesus Christ, with all the red ink devoted to recording His words, never once used that ubiquitous phrase, "Thus saith the Lord." Rather, Jesus proclaims, "I say to you," in the Gospels! Not a single "Thus says the Lord," but rather, "I say to you," 135 times. The following chart demonstrates biblically that these two phrases, Thus saith the Lord, and I say unto you, indicate the same thing, that God is speaking. For Jesus Christ made it clear that He Himself was at the heart of His message. Unlike the righteous priests and kings, prophets and the apostles, the Lord came to teach us about Himself:

Christ's Self-focus:

• "Follow Me" 19x Mt. 4:19; 8:22; 10:38; 16:24; 19:21; Mk. 1:17; 2:14; 8:34; 10:21; Lk. 5:27; 9:59; 18:22; Jn. 1:43; 8:12; 10:27; 12:26; 13:36; 21:19, 22
  • Pray and act "in My name" 18x Mt. 7:22; 18:5; 18:20; [24:5]; Mk. 9:37, 39, 41; [13:6]; Lk. 9:48; [21:8]; 24:47; Jn. 14:13-14; 15:16; 16:23-24, 26; Acts 9:15
  • "the Holy Spirit" comes "in My name" Jn. 14:26
  • "for My name's sake" leave family and property Mt. 19:29; or even be killed 5x Mt. 24:9; [Lk. 21:12, 17;] Jn. 15:21; Acts 9:16
  • Believe in the "name of the… Son" and "in the Son" 3x Jn. 3:18, 36; 9:35 and "in Him [Jesus]" 4x Jn. 3:18; 6:29, 40; 8:31
  • "believe in Me" 14x Mt. 18:6; Mk. 9:42; Jn. 3:15-16, 18; 6:35, 47; 7:38; 11:25, 26; 12:44, 46; 14:1, 12; 16:8; 17:20
  • You "are sanctified by faith in Me" Acts 26:18
  • Live "in Me" Jn. 11:26
  • "come after Me" Mk. 8:34; Lk. 14:27
  • Abide "in Me" Jn. 15:2, 4:5, 7 "abide in Me" or else Jn. 15:6 "abide in My love" Jn. 15:9-10
  • "where two or three are gathered" Jesus is "there in the midst of them" Mt. 18:20
  • So too: "I [Jesus, will abide] in you" Jn. 15:4-5
  • "know that I am He" Jn. 8:28 or "if you do not believe that I am He you will die in your sins" Jn. 8:24
  • Do things "for My sake" Mt. 10:22, 39; even lose your life "for My sake" 4x Mt. 16:25; Mk. 8:35; 10:29; Lk. 6:22
  • "I never knew you, depart from Me" Mt. 7:23
  • "I am willing; be cleansed" Mt. 8:3; Mk.. 1:41
  • "confess Me" Mt. 10:32; Lk. 12:8
  • Do not deny "Me" 7x Mt. 10:33; 26:34; Mk. 14:30, 72; Lk. 12:9; 22:34; Jn. 13:38
  • Do not be "ashamed of Me" Mk. 8:38; Lk. 9:26 nor "My words"
  • "love Me" 5x Jn. 14:15, 21, 23-24, 28
  • Do not reject "Me" Lk. 10:16; Jn. 12:48
  • "He who is not with Me is against Me" Lk. 11:23
  • Love Me "more than" your family members Mt. 10:37; [Lk. 14:26]
  • "I… have loved you" Jn. 15:9, 12
  • Be "worthy of Me" Mt. 10:37-38
  • "Come to Me" 5x Mt. 11:28; Lk. 6:47; Jn. 5:40; 6:35; 7:37
  • "I will give you rest" Mt. 11:28
  • "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light" Mt. 11:30
  • I am "greater than the temple" "than Jonah" "than Solomon" Mt. 12:6, 41-42
  • I am "Lord even of the Sabbath" Mt. 12:8; Mk. 2:28; Lk. 6:5 [Lord of God's Ten Commandments]
  • Thus He says keep "My commandments" 4x Jn. 14:15, 21; 15:10, 12
  • "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you" Jn. 15:14
  • "keep My word" Jn. 14:23-24
  • "He who is not with Me is against Me" Mt. 12:30
  • The angels are "His angels" Mt. 13:41; 16:27 and He commands "His angels" Mt. 24:31; Mk. 13:27
  • The kingdom is "His kingdom" Mt. 13:41 and He calls it "My kingdom" Lk. 22:30
  • Jesus called it "My church" Mt. 16:18 and believers are "My sheep" Jn. 10:14, 27 and they are "His elect" Mt. 24:31; Mk. 13:27
  • Paul is a "vessel of Mine to bear My name" Acts 9:15
  • "all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine" Jn. 17:10
  • "My peace I give" Jn. 14:27 "in Me you may have peace" Jn. 16:33
  • "My joy" should fill you Jn. 15:11
  • "Who do men say that I am?" Mt. 16:13; Mk. 8:27 "who do you say that I am?" Mt. 16:15
  • Receive "Me" Mt. 18:5; Mk. 9:37; Lk. 9:48
  • Heaven and earth will pass away but "My words" will never Mt. [5:18] 24:35; Mk. 13:31; Lk. 21:33
  • Tell others about Jesus Mk. 5:19
  • "you belong to Christ" Mk. 9:41
  • Hear "My sayings" and do them Lk. 6:47
  • Jesus has "His own glory" Lk. 9:26; [Jn. 2:11; 16:14] The Son is "glorified" 8x Jn. 11:4; 12:23; 13:31-32; [17:1, 5, 10 24]
  • "He who hears you hears Me" Lk. 10:16
  • Jesus expects praise, from stones if necessary Lk. 19:37-40
  • Return "to Me" Lk. 22:32
  • Be "My disciple" Lk. 14:27; Jn. 8:31; 15:8 Forsake all to "be My disciple" Lk. 14:33 "you are My disciples" Jn. 13:35
  • "I shall send… the [Holy] Spirit" Jn. 15:26; 16:7
  • The Holy Spirit "will testify of Me" Jn. 15:26
  • We read in John 5 and Luke 24 that "the Scriptures… testify of Me" Jn. 5:39; [Lk. 24:44]
  • "You [Apostles] also will bear witness [of Me] because you have been with Me" Jn. 15:27
  • Paul gives "testimony concerning Me" Acts 22:18; 23:11
  • "the Son gives life to whom He will" Jn. 5:21
  • "seek Me" Jn. 6:26
  • Serve "Me" Jn. 12:26
  • "all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father" Jn. 5:23
  • "I am the bread of life," "of heaven," "of God" Jn. 6: 32-33, 35, 41, [48,] 51
  • Just seeing Christ is reason enough to believe in Him Jn. 6:36 [56]
  • Drink "My blood" and eat "My flesh" Jn. 6:53-54, 56
  • "I will raise him up at the last day" Jn. 6:40 for He is the resurrection
  • "The world… hates Me" Jn. 7:7
  • "I am the light of the world" Jn. 8:12; 9:5; 12:46
  • "I bear witness of Myself" Jn. 8:13-14, 18
  • "know… Jesus Christ" for "eternal life" Jn. 17:3; [8:19; 10:10, 14]
  • "the Son makes you free" Jn. 8:36
  • "Abraham rejoiced to see My day" Jn. 8:56; "Before Abraham was, I AM" Jn. 8:58
  • Of believers, Christ said, "I know them" Jn. 10:27
  • "I give them eternal life" Jn. 10:28
  • "I am the resurrection and the life" Jn. 11:25
  • I "will draw all peoples to Myself" Jn. 12:32
  • "I will… receive you to Myself" Jn. 14:3
  • Be "Mine" Jn. 14:24
  • "I am the vine" Jn. 15:5
  • "without Me you can do nothing" Jn. 15:5
  • "Because I live, you will live also." Jn. 14:19
  • "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you" Jn. 15:16
  • Those who oppress Christians are "persecuting Me" Acts 9:4-5; 22:7-8; 26:14-15
  • "because they have not known… Me" Jn. 16:3
  • The Spirit "will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it" Jn. 16:14
  • "All things that the Father has are Mine" Jn. 16:15
  • "Whatever He [the Father] does, the Son does" Jn. 5:19
  • "the Father… loves you, because you have loved Me" Jn. 16:27
  • "If I will that he remain" Jn. 21:22
  • "I have overcome the world" Jn. 16:33
  • "I am the way" Jn. 14:6
  • "I am… the truth" Jn. 14:6
  • "I am… the life" Jn. 14:6
  • "I will… manifest Myself" Jn. 14:21

Scores of times Jesus uses the personal pronoun My with words like commandments, sake, words, lambs, sheep, peace, love, joy, voice, name, sayings, kingdom, angels, and church. Three examples powerfully illustrate the point. First, "Abraham rejoiced to see My day..." Secondly, "I know My sheep, and am known by My own." And thirdly, "Assuredly, I say to you... Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away." The prophets and John were the messengers; Jesus is the Message, the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and put Himself at the center of His message, because He is God.

John 4:22-24

Funny how you ignore the rest of what was said...

Here's the passage for context:

Therefore, when the Lord knew that the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John(though Jesus Himself did not baptize, but His disciples),He left Judea and departed again to Galilee.But He needed to go through Samaria.So He came to a city of Samaria which is called Sychar, near the plot of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.Now Jacob’s well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied from His journey, sat thus by the well. It was about the sixth hour.A woman of Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, “Give Me a drink.”For His disciples had gone away into the city to buy food.Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, “How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?” For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”The woman said to Him, “Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water?Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank from it himself, as well as his sons and his livestock?”Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again,but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”The woman said to Him, “Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw.”Jesus said to her, “Go, call your husband, and come here.”The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.” Jesus said to her, “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly.”The woman said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet.Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship.”Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father.You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews.But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.”Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He.” - John 4:1-26 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John4:1-26&version=NKJV

-He said the true followers would worship the Father in spirit and truth--

Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”The Pharisees therefore said to Him, “You bear witness of Yourself; Your witness is not true.”Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one.And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me.It is also written in your law that the testimony of two men is true.I am One who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness of Me.”Then they said to Him, “Where is Your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My Father. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also.” - John 8:12-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John8:12-19&version=NKJV

(By the way, this passage also shows why God MUST be triune, since it's a matter of testimony. God said that one witness is not enough to establish a matter, but that two or three do. If God is a singular Being, then His testimony that He is good and always has been is not valid. But since God is triune, that means that the Son and Holy Spirit can testify that the Father is good, and the Father and the Holy Spirit can testify that the Son is good, and the Father and Son can testify that the Holy Spirit is good. God Himself is a trifold witness that He is good.)

-Not the Father, son and holy spirit.

You need to capitalize "Son" and "Holy Spirit" They are names.

He first warned about the other gods being false beside the one he pointed his followers to. It takes believing Jesus over the errors.

Supra.

Jesus real followers believe Jesus-

Yet you won't even acknowledge what He said in the list I posted above.

Am i correct?

No, because you reject that Jesus is God.

He pointed all to the true God-

Yes, He did, because His message was self-focused, as I showed you above.

John 4:22-24--

Supra.

So the only question is who will you believe.

You clearly don't believe Him.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I showed you how God views religion, backing my words from his word. Jesus is with 1 single religion( 1 Cor 1:10) unified in love, peace and Gods 1 truth. God never had more than a single religion. There is no need for more than 1.
Is this really all the substance you're capable of?

What are you even doing here?

You showed nothing of the sort! What are you even talking about? Who here has ever suggested that there has ever been more than one true religion?

Your mind seems to be broken.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Even the Israelites knew the Messiah was not God, but has a God-Psalm 45:7--see the word partners at the end of that= angels.
Heb 1:3-4-- The only reason Jesus is better than the angels is because God gave him a name above theirs.
Dan 7:13-15--Ancient of Days = YHWH(Jehovah) one like the son of man= a created being was given a kingship= Jesus.
You might try responding to what I actually said instead of finding weirdly disconnected reasons to repeat what your cult leader had washed your brain with.

Or are you the leader?

Last edited:

kjw47

Banned
jw avoided this , not surprised

no,the bible teaches the unregenerate exist after death
Rev20:12 And I saw the dead, the small and the great, stand before God.

no , just exist

Isa 14:9 The place of death is excited that you are coming. Sheol is waking the spirits of all the leaders of the earth for you. Sheol is making the kings stand up from their thrones to meet you.
Isa 14:10 They will make fun of you, saying, "Now you are as dead as we are. Now you are just like us.

Rev 20:12 is the resurrection to judgement. The Lake of fire = the second death=permanent. Rev 20:14

kjw47

Banned
Agreed.
To me that means an eternity in the lake of fire with the rebellious angels.
Rev 20:15..."And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
Rev 20:10..."And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."
Symbolism--Mark 9 47-48-- calls it Gehenna--Where the worm dieth not. No worm can survive a literal place of fire.

kjw47

Banned
*misled

God is not false. You have been misled. Thus, you serve a false god.

So far, you've ignored everything I quoted from Him. Telling, isn't it?

Here's the list again for you that proves that Christ's entire ministry was self-focused (which if He wasn't God, would be idolatry and blasphemy):

Thus Saith the Lord: If we count how many times the Old Testament prophets said, "Thus says the Lord" we find them using that phrase, in the New King James Version of the Bible, about 420 times. The New Testament on the other hand, never once records that phrase. Jesus Christ, with all the red ink devoted to recording His words, never once used that ubiquitous phrase, "Thus saith the Lord." Rather, Jesus proclaims, "I say to you," in the Gospels! Not a single "Thus says the Lord," but rather, "I say to you," 135 times. The following chart demonstrates biblically that these two phrases, Thus saith the Lord, and I say unto you, indicate the same thing, that God is speaking. For Jesus Christ made it clear that He Himself was at the heart of His message. Unlike the righteous priests and kings, prophets and the apostles, the Lord came to teach us about Himself:

Christ's Self-focus:

• "Follow Me" 19x Mt. 4:19; 8:22; 10:38; 16:24; 19:21; Mk. 1:17; 2:14; 8:34; 10:21; Lk. 5:27; 9:59; 18:22; Jn. 1:43; 8:12; 10:27; 12:26; 13:36; 21:19, 22
  • Pray and act "in My name" 18x Mt. 7:22; 18:5; 18:20; [24:5]; Mk. 9:37, 39, 41; [13:6]; Lk. 9:48; [21:8]; 24:47; Jn. 14:13-14; 15:16; 16:23-24, 26; Acts 9:15
  • "the Holy Spirit" comes "in My name" Jn. 14:26
  • "for My name's sake" leave family and property Mt. 19:29; or even be killed 5x Mt. 24:9; [Lk. 21:12, 17;] Jn. 15:21; Acts 9:16
  • Believe in the "name of the… Son" and "in the Son" 3x Jn. 3:18, 36; 9:35 and "in Him [Jesus]" 4x Jn. 3:18; 6:29, 40; 8:31
  • "believe in Me" 14x Mt. 18:6; Mk. 9:42; Jn. 3:15-16, 18; 6:35, 47; 7:38; 11:25, 26; 12:44, 46; 14:1, 12; 16:8; 17:20
  • You "are sanctified by faith in Me" Acts 26:18
  • Live "in Me" Jn. 11:26
  • "come after Me" Mk. 8:34; Lk. 14:27
  • Abide "in Me" Jn. 15:2, 4:5, 7 "abide in Me" or else Jn. 15:6 "abide in My love" Jn. 15:9-10
  • "where two or three are gathered" Jesus is "there in the midst of them" Mt. 18:20
  • So too: "I [Jesus, will abide] in you" Jn. 15:4-5
  • "know that I am He" Jn. 8:28 or "if you do not believe that I am He you will die in your sins" Jn. 8:24
  • Do things "for My sake" Mt. 10:22, 39; even lose your life "for My sake" 4x Mt. 16:25; Mk. 8:35; 10:29; Lk. 6:22
  • "I never knew you, depart from Me" Mt. 7:23
  • "I am willing; be cleansed" Mt. 8:3; Mk.. 1:41
  • "confess Me" Mt. 10:32; Lk. 12:8
  • Do not deny "Me" 7x Mt. 10:33; 26:34; Mk. 14:30, 72; Lk. 12:9; 22:34; Jn. 13:38
  • Do not be "ashamed of Me" Mk. 8:38; Lk. 9:26 nor "My words"
  • "love Me" 5x Jn. 14:15, 21, 23-24, 28
  • Do not reject "Me" Lk. 10:16; Jn. 12:48
  • "He who is not with Me is against Me" Lk. 11:23
  • Love Me "more than" your family members Mt. 10:37; [Lk. 14:26]
  • "I… have loved you" Jn. 15:9, 12
  • Be "worthy of Me" Mt. 10:37-38
  • "Come to Me" 5x Mt. 11:28; Lk. 6:47; Jn. 5:40; 6:35; 7:37
  • "I will give you rest" Mt. 11:28
  • "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light" Mt. 11:30
  • I am "greater than the temple" "than Jonah" "than Solomon" Mt. 12:6, 41-42
  • I am "Lord even of the Sabbath" Mt. 12:8; Mk. 2:28; Lk. 6:5 [Lord of God's Ten Commandments]
  • Thus He says keep "My commandments" 4x Jn. 14:15, 21; 15:10, 12
  • "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you" Jn. 15:14
  • "keep My word" Jn. 14:23-24
  • "He who is not with Me is against Me" Mt. 12:30
  • The angels are "His angels" Mt. 13:41; 16:27 and He commands "His angels" Mt. 24:31; Mk. 13:27
  • The kingdom is "His kingdom" Mt. 13:41 and He calls it "My kingdom" Lk. 22:30
  • Jesus called it "My church" Mt. 16:18 and believers are "My sheep" Jn. 10:14, 27 and they are "His elect" Mt. 24:31; Mk. 13:27
  • Paul is a "vessel of Mine to bear My name" Acts 9:15
  • "all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine" Jn. 17:10
  • "My peace I give" Jn. 14:27 "in Me you may have peace" Jn. 16:33
  • "My joy" should fill you Jn. 15:11
  • "Who do men say that I am?" Mt. 16:13; Mk. 8:27 "who do you say that I am?" Mt. 16:15
  • Receive "Me" Mt. 18:5; Mk. 9:37; Lk. 9:48
  • Heaven and earth will pass away but "My words" will never Mt. [5:18] 24:35; Mk. 13:31; Lk. 21:33
  • Tell others about Jesus Mk. 5:19
  • "you belong to Christ" Mk. 9:41
  • Hear "My sayings" and do them Lk. 6:47
  • Jesus has "His own glory" Lk. 9:26; [Jn. 2:11; 16:14] The Son is "glorified" 8x Jn. 11:4; 12:23; 13:31-32; [17:1, 5, 10 24]
  • "He who hears you hears Me" Lk. 10:16
  • Jesus expects praise, from stones if necessary Lk. 19:37-40
  • Return "to Me" Lk. 22:32
  • Be "My disciple" Lk. 14:27; Jn. 8:31; 15:8 Forsake all to "be My disciple" Lk. 14:33 "you are My disciples" Jn. 13:35
  • "I shall send… the [Holy] Spirit" Jn. 15:26; 16:7
  • The Holy Spirit "will testify of Me" Jn. 15:26
  • We read in John 5 and Luke 24 that "the Scriptures… testify of Me" Jn. 5:39; [Lk. 24:44]
  • "You [Apostles] also will bear witness [of Me] because you have been with Me" Jn. 15:27
  • Paul gives "testimony concerning Me" Acts 22:18; 23:11
  • "the Son gives life to whom He will" Jn. 5:21
  • "seek Me" Jn. 6:26
  • Serve "Me" Jn. 12:26
  • "all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father" Jn. 5:23
  • "I am the bread of life," "of heaven," "of God" Jn. 6: 32-33, 35, 41, [48,] 51
  • Just seeing Christ is reason enough to believe in Him Jn. 6:36 [56]
  • Drink "My blood" and eat "My flesh" Jn. 6:53-54, 56
  • "I will raise him up at the last day" Jn. 6:40 for He is the resurrection
  • "The world… hates Me" Jn. 7:7
  • "I am the light of the world" Jn. 8:12; 9:5; 12:46
  • "I bear witness of Myself" Jn. 8:13-14, 18
  • "know… Jesus Christ" for "eternal life" Jn. 17:3; [8:19; 10:10, 14]
  • "the Son makes you free" Jn. 8:36
  • "Abraham rejoiced to see My day" Jn. 8:56; "Before Abraham was, I AM" Jn. 8:58
  • Of believers, Christ said, "I know them" Jn. 10:27
  • "I give them eternal life" Jn. 10:28
  • "I am the resurrection and the life" Jn. 11:25
  • I "will draw all peoples to Myself" Jn. 12:32
  • "I will… receive you to Myself" Jn. 14:3
  • Be "Mine" Jn. 14:24
  • "I am the vine" Jn. 15:5
  • "without Me you can do nothing" Jn. 15:5
  • "Because I live, you will live also." Jn. 14:19
  • "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you" Jn. 15:16
  • Those who oppress Christians are "persecuting Me" Acts 9:4-5; 22:7-8; 26:14-15
  • "because they have not known… Me" Jn. 16:3
  • The Spirit "will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it" Jn. 16:14
  • "All things that the Father has are Mine" Jn. 16:15
  • "Whatever He [the Father] does, the Son does" Jn. 5:19
  • "the Father… loves you, because you have loved Me" Jn. 16:27
  • "If I will that he remain" Jn. 21:22
  • "I have overcome the world" Jn. 16:33
  • "I am the way" Jn. 14:6
  • "I am… the truth" Jn. 14:6
  • "I am… the life" Jn. 14:6
  • "I will… manifest Myself" Jn. 14:21

Scores of times Jesus uses the personal pronoun My with words like commandments, sake, words, lambs, sheep, peace, love, joy, voice, name, sayings, kingdom, angels, and church. Three examples powerfully illustrate the point. First, "Abraham rejoiced to see My day..." Secondly, "I know My sheep, and am known by My own." And thirdly, "Assuredly, I say to you... Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away." The prophets and John were the messengers; Jesus is the Message, the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and put Himself at the center of His message, because He is God.

Funny how you ignore the rest of what was said...

Here's the passage for context:

Therefore, when the Lord knew that the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John(though Jesus Himself did not baptize, but His disciples),He left Judea and departed again to Galilee.But He needed to go through Samaria.So He came to a city of Samaria which is called Sychar, near the plot of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.Now Jacob’s well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied from His journey, sat thus by the well. It was about the sixth hour.A woman of Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, “Give Me a drink.”For His disciples had gone away into the city to buy food.Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, “How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?” For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”The woman said to Him, “Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water?Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank from it himself, as well as his sons and his livestock?”Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again,but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”The woman said to Him, “Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw.”Jesus said to her, “Go, call your husband, and come here.”The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.” Jesus said to her, “You have well said, ‘I have no husband,’for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly.”The woman said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet.Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship.”Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father.You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews.But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.”Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He.” - John 4:1-26 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John4:1-26&version=NKJV

Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”The Pharisees therefore said to Him, “You bear witness of Yourself; Your witness is not true.”Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one.And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me.It is also written in your law that the testimony of two men is true.I am One who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness of Me.”Then they said to Him, “Where is Your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My Father. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also.” - John 8:12-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John8:12-19&version=NKJV

(By the way, this passage also shows why God MUST be triune, since it's a matter of testimony. God said that one witness is not enough to establish a matter, but that two or three do. If God is a singular Being, then His testimony that He is good and always has been is not valid. But since God is triune, that means that the Son and Holy Spirit can testify that the Father is good, and the Father and the Holy Spirit can testify that the Son is good, and the Father and Son can testify that the Holy Spirit is good. God Himself is a trifold witness that He is good.)

You need to capitalize "Son" and "Holy Spirit" They are names.

Supra.

Yet you won't even acknowledge what He said in the list I posted above.

No, because you reject that Jesus is God.

Yes, He did, because His message was self-focused, as I showed you above.

Supra.

You clearly don't believe Him.

There are many false Gods on earth being worshipped--Here is one the blind have before their face every valentines day = cupid. Worshipped for centuries by the Greeks.
Both Jesus and Paul talk of false Gods then name only the Father as God. John 4:22-24-1Cor 8:5-6

kjw47

Banned
Is this really all the substance you're capable of?

What are you even doing here?

You showed nothing of the sort! What are you even talking about? Who here has ever suggested that there has ever been more than one true religion?

Your mind seems to be broken.

There are 34,000 claiming to be christian, all claim to have holy spirit but every one has different teachings.

kjw47

Banned
You might try responding to what I actually said instead of finding weirdly disconnected reasons to repeat what your cult leader had washed your brain with.

Or are you the leader?
I showed you with bible truth. Its you who refuse to believe the bible. You are mislead into believing the errors.

kjw47

Banned

Or are you the leader?
Gods view of a cult is all that counts-33,999 trinity religions= a house divided will not stand.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There are many false Gods on earth being worshipped-

Indeed there are. Jesus is not one of them.

-Here is one the blind have before their face every valentines day = cupid. Worshipped for centuries by the Greeks.

Red herring.

Both Jesus and Paul talk of false Gods

Correct.

then name only the Father as God.

False.

John 4:22-24-1Cor 8:5-6

1) You REALLY need to work on your spelling, grammar, and punctuation when typing. It's so bad, I'm not sure how you graduated from elementary school...
2) John 4:22-24 does not say "only the Father is God."
3) 1 Corinthians 8:5-6 does not say "only the Father is God."

There are 34,000 claiming to be christian,

1) *Christian
2) Citations, please.

all claim to have holy spirit but every one has different teachings.

Yes, that tends to happen when you have multiple people studying one thing.

Yet all of the people who are actually Christians believe that God is triune, 1 God, 3 Persons.

I showed you with bible truth.

No, you showed what you think the verses said. The problem is that the verses don't show what you want them to say.

Its you who refuse to believe the bible.

Bearing false witness is a sin. So is pride. You are committing both.

We believe the Bible. We refuse to believe the same thing you believe, for lack of evidence. Your beliefs are not the Bible.

You are mislead

*misled

into believing the errors.

Says the one who's been brainwashed into believing something other than what the Bible teaches.

Gods view of a cult is all that counts-

So does what He said about false prophets.

33,999 trinity religions=

Still need a citation for this number. Get on that.

a house divided will not stand.

Agreed.

So why are you trying to cause division?