Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I love people more, certainly. But I will not deny my affinity for some of God's other creatures who seem to share a certain amount of our desires (for love and companionship) and emotions. This dos not lessen people's value to me. Rather it makes me appreciate people even more.

well good for you
but
what about those who put their dog ahead of their neighbor?

do you see that happening?

rainee

mark twain said

“the more I know about people, the better I like my dogs"

it was funny
but
now it is sad

do people live with dogs because they can't deal with people?

Dogs can love you more than some humans ever could.

The terrible thing about us humans is if we get loved by a dog why would we ever be cruel to it? Yet those who may be hard to love by other humans may be childishly cruel to their pets.

rainee

Truster does not hate any animals. What he does detest it the manner in which pets are treated as idols, given human names and treated as family members. What he does truly hate is when people deny that they commit the sin of idolatry and will show hatred to a fellow human being who dares to speak out against the sins.

Turn or burn.

Sir,
I fear you are not considering that pets are like they are because The Lord likes for people to know and have and give and receive love.

musterion

Truster,

Are you one of those Messianic believers who seek to follow Christ according to the flesh and keep Israel's law? Is that the reason for your animosity against dogs?

rainee

I think it's silly when people act like dogs and cats are people. Especially when they hate children and then treat dogs like children. But idolatry? Seriously? Companion animals should remind us that God loves us.

Just saw this - amen! I mean about it reminding us that God loves us.

But about my pets understanding English - I do have to be careful what I say about them...:eek:

rainee

Adrian Rogers spoke with a couple at their home and noticed that they treated their dog over and above with TLC. He commented they showed such love to their animal--what a shame it was that they didn't have a child to pour all of that love into. The wife left the room in tears. The husband told the pastor that they did have a child and he died. The reason they treated the dog so lovingly was because their child loved that dog. They believed that loving the dog was a small way to honor the memory of their son.

Yes, prolly many stories like this one.
My grandma loved the dog my grandfather loved after my grandfather died- let the pet come in and stay in the house - it ended up being a great comfort and kept her busy for some time.

rainee

I like that picture of President Obama holding the family dog. I'm serious. He looks more natural while Putin's photograph looks staged.

Putin kinda looks like he doesn't want to get mauled, bitten or otherwise have the photo-shoot go sideways and produce something awful or embarrassing!

musterion

Putin kinda looks like he doesn't want to get mauled, bitten or otherwise have the photo-shoot go sideways and produce something awful or embarrassing!

Obama's went exactly as staged and it's both awful and embarrassing.

Reagan, smiling, leaning on the rail fence in a cowboy hat: manly.

W, hauling brush on his ranch: manly.

Putin holding whatever that is: fairly manly, even if staged.

Heck, Khrushchev banging his shoe on the desk: manly, if a bit clownish.

Obama, holding a poodle: pure flower-water nancy boy.

Truster

Sir,
I fear you are not considering that pets are like they are because The Lord likes for people to know and have and give and receive love.

The Eternal Son whom I know and serve from the heart* prefers me to know His love, to abide in His love, to put aside idols and to know the Eternal Father.

''And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true Elohim, and Yah Shua Messiah, whom thou hast sent''. John 17.

Heart* Not the blood pump.

rainee

The Eternal Son whom I know and serve from the heart* prefers me to know His love, to abide in His love, to put aside idols and to know the Eternal Father.

''And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true Elohim, and Yah Shua Messiah, whom thou hast sent''. John 17.

Heart* Not the blood pump.

Truster,
Why do you guys so often talk about spiritual truths as if they can be seen by the human eye?
1 Peter 1:7,8
1 John 4:19, 20

Truster

Truster,
Why do you guys so often talk about spiritual truths as if they can be seen by the human eye?
1 Peter 1:7,8
1 John 4:19, 20

Because it is written:

''But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear''.

But from the world all spiritual truth is hidden.

That's why you can only stand by and ask.....Why do you guys so often talk about spiritual truths as if they can be seen by the human eye?

Huckleberry

Oh yeah. Truster is thoroughly judaized. Too bad for him.

Yup. He's trying to achieve righteousness, rather than receive it.

:kookoo:

Which is fine, his choice to go to hell after all. It's just that this apparently includes attacking the faith of Christians with false (and rather nutty) accusations of sin. Which makes him a devil.

rainee

Because it is written:

''But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear''.

But from the world all spiritual truth is hidden.

That's why you can only stand by and ask.....Why do you guys so often talk about spiritual truths as if they can be seen by the human eye?

And the Lord sent Nathan unto David. And he came unto him, and said unto him,

There were two men in one city; the one rich, and the other poor.

2 The rich man had exceeding many flocks and herds:

3 But the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up:

and it grew up together with him, and with his children;

it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter.

4 And there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own flock and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto him; but took the poor man's lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him.

Truster what does David say to this above about not respecting the love a man has for his pet giving it to another to eat it?

Truster

And the Lord sent Nathan unto David. And he came unto him, and said unto him,

There were two men in one city; the one rich, and the other poor.

2 The rich man had exceeding many flocks and herds:

3 But the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up:

and it grew up together with him, and with his children;

it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter.

4 And there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own flock and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto him; but took the poor man's lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him.

Truster what does David say to this about not respecting the love a man has for his pet eating and eating it?

Are you completely unaware of the symbolism used in the term lamb? Are you really trying to equate a dog with a lamb?

You must be atheist so I'll just move along.

rainee

Are you completely unaware of the symbolism used in the term lamb? Are you really trying to equate a dog with a lamb?

In the almost words of a poet (female)
"A pet is a pet is a pet is a pet..."

And you cannot say what David replied to this above scenario given by Nathan?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

:dizzy:

And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;

And I gave thee thy master’s house, and thy master’s wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things [2 Sam. 12:7–8].

"It took courage for Nathan to say this to David. In my judgment he is the bravest man in the Bible. I know of no one who can be compared to him. He said, “David, you are the guilty one.” What is David going to do? He is going to do something unusual, I can assure you of that. Dr. Margoliouth has said this: “When has this been done—before or since? Mary, Queen of Scots, would declare that she was above the law; Charles I would have thrown over Bathsheba; James II would have hired witnesses to swear away her character; Mohammed would have produced a revelation authorizing both crimes; Charles II would have publicly abrogated the seventh commandment; Queen Elizabeth would have suspended Nathan.” Years ago, the Duke of Windsor would have given up his throne for her. We have had some presidents who would have repealed the Ten Commandments and appointed Nathan to the Supreme Court. David did not do any of these things. His actions will reveal his greatness.

God would have given David anything his heart wanted, but David longed for something that was not his. The new morality today says it was not sin. God still says this is sin, and the man after God’s own heart cannot get by with it." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: History of Israel (1 and 2 Samuel) (electronic ed., Vol. 12, p. 240). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

intellectual-dog.jpg

Truster

:dizzy:

And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;

And I gave thee thy master’s house, and thy master’s wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things [2 Sam. 12:7–8].

"It took courage for Nathan to say this to David. In my judgment he is the bravest man in the Bible. I know of no one who can be compared to him. He said, “David, you are the guilty one.” What is David going to do? He is going to do something unusual, I can assure you of that. Dr. Margoliouth has said this: “When has this been done—before or since? Mary, Queen of Scots, would declare that she was above the law; Charles I would have thrown over Bathsheba; James II would have hired witnesses to swear away her character; Mohammed would have produced a revelation authorizing both crimes; Charles II would have publicly abrogated the seventh commandment; Queen Elizabeth would have suspended Nathan.” Years ago, the Duke of Windsor would have given up his throne for her. We have had some presidents who would have repealed the Ten Commandments and appointed Nathan to the Supreme Court. David did not do any of these things. His actions will reveal his greatness.

God would have given David anything his heart wanted, but David longed for something that was not his. The new morality today says it was not sin. God still says this is sin, and the man after God’s own heart cannot get by with it." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: History of Israel (1 and 2 Samuel) (electronic ed., Vol. 12, p. 240). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

intellectual-dog.jpg

Your judgement is warped if you think Nathan is the bravest man in the Bible.

rainee

I think Serpent Dove is right!
It is a scary thing to talk to David - he was known for killing messengers, actually - if we will remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.