Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

dog-and-baby-2.jpg

Oh, the idolatry! :shocked:

Okay, now that picture is outrageous. Just look at it! That bench has no evidence of weatherproofing - not even a cheap coating of Thompson's Water Seal! :mad: I am SO reporting that post.

zoo22

Dogs are not members of a family and if you consider a dog to be your best friend where does that leave Messiah? You are an idolator.

You sure are infatuated with dogs. Seems unhealthy. Do you dream about dogs?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Truster does not hate any animals. What he does detest it the manner in which pets are treated as idols, given human names and treated as family members. What he does truly hate is when people deny that they commit the sin of idolatry and will show hatred to a fellow human being who dares to speak out against the sins.

Turn or burn.

I don't think you are completely wrong here. Just about anything can become an idol. It is obvious to me based, on your earlier post, that you had become convicted that you had elevated your dogs to that status. I praise God on your behalf that He has delivered you from that. It also seems obvious to me that you are projecting your shortcomings on others. Lighten up, take a breath and let the Holy Spirit deal with others.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Dog bites send nearly 368,000 victims to hospital emergency departments per year (1,008 per day). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Nonfatal Dog Bite–Related Injuries Treated in Hospital Emergency Departments — United States, 2001, MMWR 2003;52:605-610.

yes, my dog would add you to those numbers.

Arthur Brain

I used to breed and train German Shepherds. I was as much a dog lover as anyone on TOL if not more so. I was then converted and my love is now directed elsewhere.

I have been where you are, but you couldn't possibly imagine what happens when a man is saved.

You make it sound as though having faith means having no affection for animals or pets. That's just sad.

Truster

I don't think you are completely wrong here. Just about anything can become an idol. It is obvious to me based, on your earlier post, that you had become convicted that you had elevated your dogs to that status. I praise God on your behalf that He has delivered you from that. It also seems obvious to me that you are projecting your shortcomings on others. Lighten up, take a breath and let the Holy Spirit deal with others.

People need a wake up call Delmar and it often pleases the Almighty to sound an alarm. Those in whom a work of grace has truly begun will heed the call, often with tears of remorse, once they discover what they have been doing. Others that have been hardened by sin for destruction will rally against the call and strive against the Holy Spirit.

There was something else that had crept into my life that was taking up far to much of my time, affections and financial resources. It was brought to my knowledge one morning that I was just going through the motions and that the enjoyment had ceased. I began to pack up and looked heaven wards and told the Almighty I would never go fly fishing again until I knew He would allow me the peace of mind that gives enjoyment. Its only with 20/20 hindsight that I fully realise how precious and continuous is salvation.

''WOE UNTO THEM THAT ARE AT EASE IN ZION''

Just before this happened I'd been asked to go professional and I can honestly say, with 20/20 hindsight that it would have been my ruin.

''Salvation belongs to Yah Veh''. (This statement involved a fish, it was made by Jonah whilst in the belly of the great fish that Yah Veh had prepared for him).

Truster

''No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve Elohim and mammon''.

This verse speaks of the impossibility of serving two masters. One being the Eternal Almighty and the other whatever form of idol the sinner takes up.

Ye cannot serve Elohim and mammon''.
Ye cannot serve Elohim and sports
Ye cannot serve Elohim and entertainment
Ye cannot serve Elohim and self
Ye cannot serve Elohim and a false image of Elohim that you have created.

The verse under scrutiny has been proven in that you hate the message and therefore hate the messenger and He who sent him.

Your love of dogs and your other forms of idolatry has created in you a hatred for the Eternal Almighty and I sincerely hope and pray that He will show you this, for as Delmar has rightly said only He can.

Idol...a person or thing that is greatly admired, loved, or revered.

Last edited:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
People need a wake up call Delmar and it often pleases the Almighty to sound an alarm. Those in whom a work of grace has truly begun will heed the call, often with tears of remorse, once they discover what they have been doing. Others that have been hardened by sin for destruction will rally against the call and strive against the Holy Spirit.

There was something else that had crept into my life that was taking up far to much of my time, affections and financial resources. It was brought to my knowledge one morning that I was just going through the motions and that the enjoyment had ceased. I began to pack up and looked heaven wards and told the Almighty I would never go fly fishing again until I knew He would allow me the peace of mind that gives enjoyment. Its only with 20/20 hindsight that I fully realise how precious and continuous is salvation.

''WOE UNTO THEM THAT ARE AT EASE IN ZION''

Just before this happened I'd been asked to go professional and I can honestly say, with 20/20 hindsight that it would have been my ruin.

''Salvation belongs to Yah Veh''. (This statement involved a fish, it was made by Jonah whilst in the belly of the great fish that Yah Veh had prepared for him).

So do you currently not go fly fishing? Or did you manage to put fishing in it's proper place enough that you could continue?

allblack

BANNED
Banned
I've never seen anyone hate dogs as much as Truster. The only others I know of are cats and Muslims, and I doubt he's a cat.

My cats don't hate my dogs. They get along just fine. The cats and dogs I have had always develop a symbiotic relationship, with the cats being more of the watch and the dogs being the enforcement. Of course their only real desire is to preserve their perceived territory from any potential invaders. Territory = Survival for cats and dogs. They are just trying to survive, they share that desire with humans. On that level there is certainly an understanding.

Truster

So do you currently not go fly fishing? Or did you manage to put fishing in it's proper place enough that you could continue?

I have thousands of £'s worth of tackle and equipment just sitting and waiting to be taken out again Delmar, but I think its going to be a long, long wait. When I fish it takes up 100% of my concentration and I'm not prepared to spend that amount on anything.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have thousands of £'s worth of tackle and equipment just sitting and waiting to be taken out again Delmar, but I think its going to be a long, long wait. When I fish it takes up 100% of my concentration and I'm not prepared to spend that amount on anything.
Getting your life in balance is a good thing and i approve! My prayer for you is that you might be able to find a way back to enjoyment of fishing without making it an obsession, but I agree that if you are not able it is best to leave it alone. Take care my friend.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
mark twain said

“the more I know about people, the better I like my dogs"

it was funny
but
now it is sad

do people live with dogs because they can't deal with people?

allblack

BANNED
Banned
mark twain said

“the more I know about people, the better I like my dogs"

it was funny
but
now it is sad

do people live with dogs because they can't deal with people?

I love people more, certainly. But I will not deny my affinity for some of God's other creatures who seem to share a certain amount of our desires (for love and companionship) and emotions. This dos not lessen people's value to me. Rather it makes me appreciate people even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.