ECT Does what we do reflect what we believe?

ClimateSanity

Can't be for reasons stated. He was, however, as an unglorified human, in perfect union with His Divine Father as an example of what those who love Him are purposed to be. See John 17:21-22 KJV.

The reasons you stated does not make him not God. It's on you to show why your view is true.

ClimateSanity

Can't be for reasons stated. He was, however as an unglorified human, in perfect union with His Divine Father as an example of what those who love Him are purposed to be. See John 17:21-22 KJV, it being an ever ongoing process.

There is no such thing as a glorified human . No human will ever share in God's glory.

glorydaz

That's "work" for sure even you bring Jesus into the equation.. "Jesus I know but, who are you"?

:nono:

Heed him? I didn't say you heeded him. Nevertheless, he accuses where we are weak because we are weak in those areas where he still accuses. He will stop when we aren't. . . because we have "worked it out" as in "overcome by the blood of the Lamb".. That is what the test is all about.

You give satan more power than he has. And there is no "test" IN Christ. There is rest.

Simply?? You got work to "do" as we all do, dazed.

Hello! Did I hear you say, "Not me"??

Not I ...but Christ.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.​

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Indeed, and now I am IN HIM. He passed the test I could never pass.

Why should God spare you when He didn't spare His own Son? You are missing something if you believe He won't. Salvation notwithstanding, it seems you haven't paid attention to the prerequisite for Him to indwell you and are living presumptuously believing for something you don't possess. Evidence being the issue here.

glorydaz

Why should God spare you when He didn't spare His own Son? You are missing something if you believe He won't. Salvation notwithstanding, it seems you haven't paid attention to the prerequisite for Him to indwell you and are living presumptuously believing for something you don't possess. Evidence being the issue here.

In live in a small world....your own mind.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Wow.....did you lift that out and place it in it's opposite context!!!

Rom 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
Rom 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
Rom 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
Rom 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Rom 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Cross Reference

To whom it may concern:

"He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" Romans 8:32 (KJV)

Here is the key to your understanding, the operative word being, "if":

". . . if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you." Romans 8:11 (KJV)

Speak of the evidence you all presumed upon; evidence you all so glibly believe you possess?

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.". . . .The prerequisite: ". . . . from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words" "Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock [on the Christian's door]. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne." Romans 8:14 (KJV); Daniel 10:12 (KJV) Revelation 3:19-21 (ESV)

Question: Conquers what?? What did Jesus have to conquer?? And if we are to be conformed to His image, what does the Christian have to overcome to be successful??

But then why would you even believe you need to conquer yourselves given you believe your sins, past, present and future, are all forgiven.

tudorturtl

Is your gospel the same as their gospel?

Who is correct, and why? Are they all wrong?

Discuss.

awesome topic, and a troublesome one. First I have to believe that there is no sin,which can not be covered by the blood of Christ. So in this regard I agree with John W. Having said that, can not does not mean will not. So I would ask this: " If Christ is dwelling in you and you rape someone, are you saying Christ is a rapist?" How does this affect others? does the victim of a rape see Christ in you? will they come to Christ in that case? why should he save my soul if I drive others away from him? didn't Jesus say "He who does not gather with me scatters"? How will we live with ourselves in heaven if we hear the screams of the souls in hell that Christ could have saved through us if we had walked "in the light as he is in the light"? Which of the men in the temple did Jesus say went away justified? it was the one who could not look up to heaven and repented, and asked for forgiveness. repent and be baptized, it is a one time act but it is an eternal sentiment. I absolutely believe that a man can lose his salvation, the O.T. gives example after example. You might say that was before Christ and everything is different now, but Jesus said "Before Abraham was, I am" and he is called the lamb who was slain from the foundation of the world. So I'm not buying that!!!! I do believe that Christ will finish the work he has begun in me. I believe that from Gods perspective, the saved are known, for as he "is" in the past, he also "is" in the future. that all of time exists whithin him, thus the Alpha and the omega. but for us, it is still a work in progress, and that we will all face our judgement and answer for our sins. Lord forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Cross Reference

awesome topic, and a troublesome one. First I have to believe that there is no sin,which can not be covered by the blood of Christ. So in this regard I agree with John W. Having said that, can not does not mean will not. So I would ask this: " If Christ is dwelling in you and you rape someone, are you saying Christ is a rapist?" How does this affect others? does the victim of a rape see Christ in you? will they come to Christ in that case? why should he save my soul if I drive others away from him? didn't Jesus say "He who does not gather with me scatters"? How will we live with ourselves in heaven if we hear the screams of the souls in hell that Christ could have saved through us if we had walked "in the light as he is in the light"? Which of the men in the temple did Jesus say went away justified? it was the one who could not look up to heaven and repented, and asked for forgiveness. repent and be baptized, it is a one time act but it is an eternal sentiment. I absolutely believe that a man can lose his salvation, the O.T. gives example after example. You might say that was before Christ and everything is different now, but Jesus said "Before Abraham was, I am" and he is called the lamb who was slain from the foundation of the world. So I'm not buying that!!!! I do believe that Christ will finish the work he has begun in me. I believe that from Gods perspective, the saved are known, for as he "is" in the past, he also "is" in the future. that all of time exists whithin him, thus the Alpha and the omega. but for us, it is still a work in progress, and that we will all face our judgement and answer for our sins. Lord forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Welcome tudorurtl! That was a good read, a word in season demanding introspection. Thank you.

tudorturtl

:nono:

You give satan more power than he has. And there is no "test" IN Christ. There is rest.

Not I ...but Christ.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.​

1Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
There are an awful lot of IF's here

tudorturtl

He did not spare his son because the scales of justice have to be balanced. The only thing that can weigh out against "sin" is God himself.

CR = the wrong man

I guess the question begging to be asked here is: if Jesus gave his life for me, then is my life too much to give for him? are we doing unto others (Christ included) as we would have them do unto us? it is by Grace we are saved but through faith, and faith without works is dead

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Is your gospel the same as their gospel?

Who is correct, and why? Are they all wrong?

Discuss.

Christ is not an inactive Shepherd, He has a rod as well as a staff. The Holy Ghost is not inactive in us.

We are in His hands to live and to die, we cannot lose our salvation, we can certainly lose the joy, the comfort, the blessings of salvation.

...that is what Paul warned the Galatians about.