ECT Do you see All, Some, None of the Spiritual Gifts in Operation Today?

glorydaz

Yes, lord Jesus Christ, God the Lord is Jesus' father.

Lord, Sr. and lord, jr.

Get a Bible and read it.

The LORD our God is ONE LORD. One Lord. There is no Junior or Senior God. There is no Junior or Senior Lord. Because, oh foolish one, the Lord our God is One Lord. :duh:

oatmeal

The LORD our God is ONE LORD. One Lord. There is no Junior or Senior God. There is no Junior or Senior Lord. Because, oh foolish one, the Lord our God is One Lord. :duh:

Have you not read I Corinthians 8:5?

You should, and wow,

" For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)"

there it is!

and look someone put the relevant lesson in bold type!

Have you not read Acts 2:34?

What? You have?

Did you notice that there are two lords in that verse?

"For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,"

How many lords did you count in that verse?

There are two different lords in that verse.

One who did the speaking and the other who was being spoken to.

Two different lords in one verse!

You are welcome!

PS, who are those two different lords?

oatmeal

Just in case you do not read my reply to glorydaz:

You should, and wow,

" For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)"

there it is!

What? You have?

"For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,"

You are welcome!

oatmeal

Amen, Amen!

Just in case you don't read my replies to A4T and gldz:

You should, and wow,

there it is!

What? You have?

You are welcome!

musterion

Since John 18:5 is the verse you brought up, why don't you look it up in Berry's interlinear?

Already did. It looks just like the attachment below. "He" is in brackets, both in v. 5 and in v. 6. Meaning Berry recognized it's not in the Greek. Meaning you're still wrong and I have no idea why you are so stuck on a guy who refutes you.

As I said before, there are many pronouns in that passage in the KJV that are not separate words in the Greek
Yes, I know you said that before. You were wrong then and are wrong now.Christ said, literally, "I AM" in v. 5, then John quoted Him saying "I AM" in v. 6. I'm sorry your modalism doesn't like that, but too bad.

Unless you have a better explanation why the mob was knocked backwards and flat on their backs at those two short words?

Had you actually read my post for what it actually says, not what you think it says, you would have dropped this a long time ago.
You're the one who said to check Berry for "he" in the Greek. I did. It isn't there. What more do you want? Berry does not back you on this.

he is in brackets in John 18:5 according to George for a reason.
It is there unnecessarily. The Greek is plain - Christ is God in the flesh. Christ said so Himself, and John quoted Him the same. Any translation that adds "he" for "understandability" is wrong and actually detracts from what this incident actually teaches...which is exactly why you desperately cling to a phantom pronoun.

Go check your T.D. Jakes study bible notes for a fresh response but Christ is the I AM Moses spoke with.

oatmeal

You havent given any evidence of your having done those things which should follow you according to your own beliefs. Yes, i am testing all things as i should, and if you cant back it up, then i can discard your testimony of it as false.

Have I claimed that I have raised the dead?

Show me where I made such a claim.

I know of people who have raised others from the dead.

God's promise holds true whether or not any one believes or not.

Is the issue here the promise of God (as spoken by His son, a prophet) or my experiences?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Just in case you don't read my replies to A4T and gldz:

Your reply to me was just youre welcome and a verse about sign gifts, when i asked you for evidence of it in your own life.

Your welcome.

John 14:12

Which was basically no reply because it didnt adress what you were asked. You often do that, and then later claimed you responded to people when you gave them no real response to what you were asked or discussing at the time.

oatmeal

Already did. It looks just like the attachment. "He" is in brackets. Meaning it's not in the Greek. Meaning you're still wrong.

Yes, I know you said that before. You were wrong then and are wrong now.Christ said, literally, "I AM" in v. 5, then John quoted Him saying "I AM" in v. 6. I'm sorry your modalism doesn't like that, but too bad.

You're the one who said to check Berry for "he" in the Greek. I did. It isn't there. What more do you want? Berry does not back you on this.

It is there unnecessarily. The Greek is plain - Christ is God in the flesh. Christ said so Himself, and John quoted Him the same.

Go check your T.D. Jakes study bible notes for a fresh response but Christ is the I AM Moses spoke with.

You got your shorts in a real tight knot.

You don't get my point at all, do you?

Well, you are too emotional right now.

When you calm down, maybe you can reread my posts and read what my point was.

I see no reason to repeat myself again and again

I can see that I am asking too much of you.

Maybe in a couple of years if you become meek and humble to God's word, then you will understand what I said

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Have I claimed that I have raised the dead?

Show me where I made such a claim.

Show me where i claimed you had said you did?

I asked you why arent you doing it and show me the evidence of it happening, are you refusing to follow Christ? He said that sign would follow you. (since you claim that verse is for you)

So are you saying you cant raise the dead or that you wont? Christ said you should be doing it, didnt He? (since you claim that is for you and all believers)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You got your shorts in a real tight knot.

You don't get my point at all, do you?

Well, you are too emotional right now.

When you calm down, maybe you can reread my posts and read what my point was.

I see no reason to repeat myself again and again

I can see that I am asking too much of you.

Maybe in a couple of years if you become meek and humble to God's word, then you will understand what I said

Copout. Strawman, so you can cover that you cant respond.

oatmeal

Show me where i claimed you had said you did?

I asked you why arent you doing it and show me the evidence of it happening, are you refusing to follow Christ? He said that sign would follow you. (since you claim that verse is for you)

So are you saying you cant raise the dead or that you wont? Christ said you should be doing it, didnt He? (since you claim that is for you and all believers)

Believers do what God tells them to do, whether it be believing the written word or directly by revelation.

Why did Moses raise his staff over the Red Sea?

Exodus 14:15-16

Because God told him to. Then Moses obeyed and the Red Sea was parted

Do you think that if Moses tried to preempt God and tried doing his will instead of God's that the Red Sea would have parted?

Why did Moses stretch out his hand over the sea again and then see the Red Sea close up?

Because God told him to. Exodus 12:26

Do you think that the Red Sea would have closed up if Moses decided that stretching his hand over the sea was stupid?

Why did Abram leave his homeland and end up in the land of Canaan?

a. wishful thinking?

b. God told him to. Genesis 12:1

Why did Noah build the ark?

a. Because he thought it would make Hollywood a bunch of money

b. Because God told him to Genesis 6:13-14

Why did Moses return to Egypt?

a. He wanted to serve pharaoh instead of a bunch of sheep

b. Because God, by means of an angel, told him to. Exodus 3:10

Do those records mean that if you want to cross a lake that all you have to do is stretch your hand over it and it will part because you want it to?

or that if you build and ark, the earth will be covered with a flood?

Does that mean that just because you without God, want to raise someone from the dead that it will happen?

People raise people from the dead because they believe God to do so.

Has God ever told you to raise someone from the dead? Why not? Because there was no one in your life that God wanted raised from the dead or you weren't listening when He told you to, or you simply refused to believe what God told you to do.

Won't be the first time someone refused to believe to do what God told him to do

You missed all that scripture, where were you when that was being taught by people who have signs follow them because they believe and obey God?

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Believers do what God tells them to do, whether it be believing the written word or directly by revelation.

Then why arent you out raising the dead and healing people?

Matthew 10:7-8 And proclaim as you go, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without paying; give without pay.

musterion

If I could do what Oats and the others claim to be able to do, I wouldn't need to be here telling everyone about it. You'd have already seen my ugly mug followed by the signs on the news.

Signs and wonders were intended to draw attention to something (the Gospel). THAT'S WHY THEY WERE CALLED THAT. They were meant to be SEEN. When the sign gifts were in order, it was all out. The public knew. People could disbelieve the reports they heard but when they saw it with their own eyes - or received it themselves - there was no arguing with it.

Given that baseline, I'd have to feel really stupid to insist I had been given the same miracle-working ability Christ promised for those who believe, and displayed through Peter and Paul, but was unable to prove it as they did. Seriously...I'd be embarrassed.

Cross Reference

"Believing" is the operative word that no matter where one stands in the matter, whether in the giving or receiving, a believer or an unbeliever, must believe. Faith is no gift in this part of the matter, no matter what is expected of God to perform. The Life of or absence of the Life of Christ within one, sets the tone. Peter demonstrates this the best in the several examples given us. The below verse quoting Jesus could have been spoken to Peter, even after Pentecost, instead of a Centurion before the cross:

"Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believes. . . . . . Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." Mark 9:23-24 (KJV)

Note: the word, "possible" which might intimate the will of God in the matter so many modern day, unbelieving, so-called Christians use as an excuse for their failure to believe for God to move in their midst, completely dismissing out of hand their so great lack of faith, pride and presumptuous 'believing' their own salvation is what it is by a sinners prayer. They have been told they got it all when they said such a 'prayer' and now are given to rely upon church socials and chicken dinners for a sustaining message.

Aimiel

Jesus said to heal the sick...

Isn't despair and depression a sickness that is healed by someone being saved?