ECT Do you see All, Some, None of the Spiritual Gifts in Operation Today?

oatmeal

Then why arent you out raising the dead and healing people?

Matthew 10:7-8 And proclaim as you go, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without paying; give without pay.

Matthew was spoken to whom?

Me?

or someone else?

Was Jesus Christ ministering to the Gentile? or to Christians? or to the lost sheep of the house of Israel?

Matthew 15:24 tells us who Jesus Christ was appointed to minister to

the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

However, your point is well taken, therefore, you should be doing that as well.

Why are you not healing the sick and raising the dead?

After all, it is was spoken by your lord Jesus and mine and that was recorded in writing for our benefit, was it not?

Since he spoke those words, why are you not believing to heal the sick and raising the dead?

Was Jesus wrong to say those things? or was he right?

Jesus was right to say those things.

Does scripture say that Jesus raised all that died during his ministry?

Or were there reasons that Jesus raised only a few of those that died?

Jesus did not do his will but submitted himself to his Father's will.

Jesus Christ did what God showed him to do

Since God showed Jesus to raise Lazarus, Jesus obeyed and did it.

John 5:19-20,30

You might want to reread my post about obeying what God tells us to do, both in scripture and by revelation.

Scripture does speak in generalities at times, ie, love your neighbor, it does not give every name of who your neighbors are.

God's word, for the most part, is quite simple, but we have complicated it by inserting our preconceived notions, emotions, speculations and conjectures instead of simply reading what is written

We must read what is written and remember what we read if we are going to learn anything at all.

Aimiel

Jesus said to raise the dead.

I believe that when someone gets saved, they are given life, because they are dead, in their trespasses and sins before they're saved.

oatmeal

Matthew was spoken to whom?

Me?

or someone else?

Was Jesus Christ ministering to the Gentile? or to Christians? or to the lost sheep of the house of Israel?

Matthew 15:24 tells us who Jesus Christ was appointed to minister to

the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

However, your point is well taken, therefore, you should be doing that as well.

Why are you not healing the sick and raising the dead?

After all, it is was spoken by your lord Jesus and mine and that was recorded in writing for our benefit, was it not?

Since he spoke those words, why are you not believing to heal the sick and raising the dead?

Was Jesus wrong to say those things? or was he right?

Jesus was right to say those things.

Does scripture say that Jesus raised all that died during his ministry?

Or were there reasons that Jesus raised only a few of those that died?

Jesus did not do his will but submitted himself to his Father's will.

Jesus Christ did what God showed him to do

Since God showed Jesus to raise Lazarus, Jesus obeyed and did it.

John 5:19-20,30

You might want to reread my post about obeying what God tells us to do, both in scripture and by revelation.

Scripture does speak in generalities at times, ie, love your neighbor, it does not give every name of who your neighbors are.

God's word, for the most part, is quite simple, but we have complicated it by inserting our preconceived notions, emotions, speculations and conjectures instead of simply reading what is written

We must read what is written and remember what we read if we are going to learn anything at all.

With all that in mind, should God ever tell me to raise someone, I most certainly would want to be both fully prepared and willing to do so.

musterion

Christ didn't say "...and God will TELL those who believe when to cast out devils, when speak in tongues, when to heal the sick," etc. He said those who believe WILL do such. We see the apostles doing so, at will. No one has since. None of you do either. Pentecostalism is a fraud.

Cross Reference

The above remarks are why I believe Calvinism has been a bane to all of Christendom.

Musterdion says he is a Cessationist and a Dispensationalist neither of which are Biblical understandings found in the scriptures but from his unbiblical mentors to whom he pays homage. A cursory review of the scriptures will bear this out. What he presents can easily be defined as Satanic untoward denial, ranting and cursings against the Holy Spirit that should be noted and rebuked __if not outright banned.

john w

Hall of Fame
You hate wolves.

Good.

Your zeal is commendable

However, where does scripture say we are to hate wolves?

Do we hate the sin or the sinner?

Saul of Tarsus was zealous, his heart thought he was serving God, but he had not yet connected scripture with Jesus Christ,

We need to have accuracy to do God's will

Jude 9

Galatians 1 ff, wolfie.

You need to get saved, wolfie, and quit crying, whimpering.

john w

Hall of Fame
John!

I am impressed!

You can hit the "s" key and get a long line of s's!

Most impressive.

To be a soldier requires that you be able to read and write.

So I won't be expecting a reply from you

Stumped me again, you condescending cry baby. Wolf.

Chapter, verse, that requires my reply, especially to a wolf?

I thought so, you loser-Christ rejector.

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus said to heal the sick...

Isn't despair and depression a sickness that is healed by someone being saved?

He also said to sell all you have, tell know one that He is the Christ, and told Judas to raise the dead, heal the sick.

oatmeal

No, he does not.

You lack of believing is not a reason for me to reject God's word.

People get raised from the dead, I personally know one who was.

Time to start believing God's promises.

Then your life will have some power and positive results and be filling up with God's blessings

John 8:32

heir

TOL Subscriber
Christ didn't say "...and God will TELL those who believe when to cast out devils, when speak in tongues, when to heal the sick," etc. He said those who believe WILL do such. We see the apostles doing so, at will. No one has since. None of you do either. Pentecostalism is a fraud.
Amen!

musterion

You lack of believing is not a reason for me to reject God's word.

My alleged lack of belief (which doesn't exist) could not prevent you from displaying the signs and wonders you say pentecostals possess, but don't. The problem is on your end, not mine.

People get raised from the dead, I personally know one who was.
Sure you do.

Time to start believing God's promises.
I believe the promises He made to me. For me to claim the promises He made to others, but not to me, is theft.

Then your life will have some power and positive results and be filling up with God's blessings

John 8:32
I'm already blessed in Christ beyond any worldly blessing.

But if I start believing as you do, will I be able to provide video evidence of the miracles you say I should be able to work?