Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lon

1 Timothy 5:17-20 Do a bit of study in 1&2 Timothy (very short books, read them this week please).

Proverbs 10:14 Memorize it
Galatians 6:6 2 Timothy 2:15; 3:14-16 Deuteronomy 11:19

Proverbs 4:7
▲ Read the scriptures ▲

Lon

I believe what the scriptures say.

Excellent, now will you do the study or not?

We could do a one on one debate about education vs none I suppose one day but I want an opponent who will actually read a few books and actually read the scriptures I ask them to read. I'm not into doing debate if it makes no difference to the one I'm debating. I'm trying to prove God's truths here.

▼I don't want you just to believe they are true, I want you to read and interact with them.▼

▼▼▼▼

1 Timothy 5:17-20 Do a bit of study in 1&2 Timothy (very short books, read them this week please).

▲ Read the scriptures ▲

God's Truth

Excellent, now will you do the study or not?

We could do a one on one debate about education vs none I suppose one day but I want an opponent who will actually read a few books and actually read the scriptures I ask them to read.
I do not want to read books about God’s Truth.
New American Standard Bible
Ecclesiastes 12:12 But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body.
I'm not into doing debate if it makes no difference to the one I'm debating. I'm trying to prove God's truths here.

▼I don't want you just to believe they are true, I want you to read and interact with them.▼

▼▼▼▼
God’s Truth about this has already been proven. Did the prostitute get a special education to know God’s Truth? No.

That scripture does not say the elders went to school to know God’s Truth.
Knowledge is from God. That scripture does not support going to school and getting an education. Remember the Pharisees and teachers of the law.

Even a young child can know the scriptures! No one has to go to school to know God’s Truth.
2 Timothy 3:15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

▲ Read the scriptures ▲
You cannot get those things from going to school.
You get wisdom and understanding AFTER OBEYING GOD’S WORD.

God's Truth

I believe Jesus and do what he says EVEN WHEN I HAD NO UNDERSTANDING OF WHY HE SAID WHAT HE DID. I would just do it. After I did it---then I understood.

Understanding does not come before obedience.

He reveals the truth to those he accepts.

2 Timothy 2:7 Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this.

Jesus gives understanding to those he chooses to give it, and he gives it to those who believe and obey.

Luke 24:45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

We get understanding after we obey. We do not even need understanding to obey. See Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Read this Psalm…

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

This Psalm tells us that understanding comes because of obedience!

Proverbs 3:32 For the LORD detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence.

Did you read that? God takes the upright into His confidence!

Proverbs 28:5 Evildoers do not understand what is right, but those who seek the LORD understand it fully.

Again, we get understanding after we obey.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

We get set free AFTER we BELIEVE and OBEY.

John 8:30 Even as he spoke, many believed in him. 31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

After they obey THEN they will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

We repent then get knowledge.

2 Timothy 2:25 correcting opponents with gentleness. Perhaps God will grant them repentance and then knowledge of the truth.

God's Truth

That says it all.

2 Peter 1:20 But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own
interpretation

If you are saved, you are yet a babe and not even getting nutrient filled milk, but foraging for food on your own.

I do not want to read books about what others say is God's Truth.

It only matters to me what God thinks of me, not you.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Ecclesiastes 12:12 But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body.

God’s Truth about this has already been proven. Did the prostitute get a special education to know God’s Truth? No.

Knowledge is from God. That scripture does not support going to school and getting an education. Remember the Pharisees and teachers of the law.

Even a young child can know the scriptures! No one has to go to school to know God’s Truth.
2 Timothy 3:15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

It is only by sitting under an elder thoroughly versed and educated in formal theological studies, does an uneducated, ignorant layman realize and learn how much he does not know.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I do not want to read books about what others say is God's Truth.

It only matters to me what God thinks of me, not you.

All this means, is that you are stubborn and unteachable, and will remain ignorant of many blessed truths.

God's Truth

It is only by sitting under an elder thoroughly versed and educated in formal theological studies, does an uneducated, ignorant layman realize and learn how much he does not know.

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

As usual you cherry-pick Scripture, ignoring its full counsel, e.g., Hebrews 5:14. Stop running word searches and then grabbing a verse here and there onto which you lay your odd notions. Study all of Scripture.

Do you really think David was teaching what you are trying to force this extract from the Psalm to mean?

AMR

Lon

'Excessive' know the difference?
You aren't going to win just by producing verses that you think support your whims. God does not work that way. There is no learning of God by osmosis.
Know the difference?
Yes, she didn't become a teacher though.

Know the difference?

Yes it does and I gave those verses. Not only that, I know for a fact you didn't read 1 or 2 Timothy as I asked you. In it, you'd find they are able to 'teach' among many other education related words and ideas.
You cannot debate with me without studying. You will only be asserting what you do not know.

Yes, but not by osmosis. God doesn't just pour it into you upon conversion or you would have no need of your Bible.

So.....I'll ask, do you need your Bible?
Know the difference?

:nono: it comes by 'hearing' and hearing....?
Know the difference?
Hello? Know what!??? ▲Look!!!▲

:doh:
:doh: :doh: :doh:

AMR, she's all your's....

♪♫ ♪♫ Then put your little hand in mine; There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb ♪♫ ♪♫

"Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today. "
"It's coooold out there every day."

Lon

:doh: He wasn't saying he was more learned, he was saying what James says: James 1:22 that if you don't do it, it's no good!

Grow up GT!!! You are a child! :doh:

Ask Mr. Religion: What would you do if you were stuck in one place and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered?
Lon: That about sums it up for me.

God's Truth

:doh: He wasn't saying he was more learned, he was saying what James says: James 1:22 that if you don't do it, it's no good!

Grow up GT!!! You are a child! :doh:

Ask Mr. Religion: What would you do if you were stuck in one place and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered?
Lon: That about sums it up for me.
This scripture means we do not get understanding unless we obey God.

God's Truth

As usual you cherry-pick Scripture, ignoring its full counsel, e.g., Hebrews 5:14. Stop running word searches and then grabbing a verse here and there onto which you lay your odd notions. Study all of Scripture.

Do you really think David was teaching what you are trying to force this extract from the Psalm to mean?

AMR

Read and believe what is written.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Read and believe what is written.

Was your ability to read and write given you by miracle or did someone teach you? Do you not see the providence of God at work giving us teachers, doctors, etc?

Did you go to high school, college? Why bother given your disdain for taking every thought captive for the glory of God. That last phrase of mine is Scripture that you should meditate upon to see how great is your error. For example while some of the writers of the NT were plain men, when they penned their canonical works dozens of years had passed since they walked with the Lord. What do you suppose they were doing during these years? Not learning? If you would avail yourself of the books and materials God has seen fit to lead Godly men to produce you would find that learning academies, "seminaries", were created by the early church to train up others.

Now you can thump your chest and proclaim "look at me, Lord, I have no need for the instruction of those you have raised up", but all you are doing is thumbing your nose at God and the care he has taken to see to it that His truths will never fade.

Your self-righteous "just me and my Bible" attitude is a pox on the church today. It is a sin of arrogance and rebellion against God's providential care of His creation.

AMR

God's Truth

Was your ability to read and write given you by miracle or did someone teach you? Do you not see the providence of God at work giving us teachers, doctors, etc?
It has nothing to do with whom God gives understanding. God even hid the truth from the wise and learned.
Humble yourself. You are too prideful about your education.
Did you go to high school, college? Why bother given your disdain for taking every thought captive for the glory of God.
My going to college or not has nothing to do with my being saved. In fact, God hid the truth from the wise and learned. The wise and learned have a harder time humbling themselves to be saved.
That last phrase of mine is Scripture that you should meditate upon to see how great is your error. For example while some of the writers of the NT were plain men, when they penned their canonical works dozens of years had passed since they walked with the Lord. What do you suppose they were doing during these years? Not learning? If you would avail yourself of the books and materials God has seen fit to lead Godly men to produce you would find that learning academies, "seminaries", were created by the early church to train up others.
Again, just because someone went to school it does not mean they know God’s Truth and do not make errors.
Now you can thump your chest and proclaim "look at me, Lord, I have no need for the instruction of those you have raised up", but all you are doing is thumbing your nose at God and the care he has taken to see to it that His truths will never fade.
God revealed His Truth to me. I can read and study the Bible and grow in knowledge. Many denominations teach things the Bible does not say. You are only going against the Truth that God reveals Himself to people, and it has nothing to do about their education.
Your self-righteous "just me and my Bible" attitude is a pox on the church today. It is a sin of arrogance and rebellion against God's providential care of His creation.
Why do you have to personally attack?
No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
GT,

Do you not see that your frequent claims to possessing the truth and others are all wrong is but a personal attack? I am just answering you on the same level. You drew first blood showing up and claiming your personal revelations were "God's Truth". The person who needs humility is staring at you in the mirror each morning. You have never failed to produce a post wherein you do not trumpet you "special knowledge" with implicit calls to repentance. Our formal debate proved your lack of discernment yet you remain unwilling to yield to your ignorance. In other words you are an accuser, most odious, and deserve no more than righteous contempt.

When you adopt a more openness to learning you will find some here willing to teach you the wonderful truths of Scripture. For now you grieve the person of the Holy Spirit that you claim illuminates you.

AMR

Status
Not open for further replies.