Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

The teaches of the law and pharisees were the hypocrites, just like today - burdening people with their own versions of the truth instead of His, trying to re-yoke those who were set free- same thing you teach now.

Jesus' yoke is light, easy, and not burdensome.

If you knew the life that comes from obeying, you would not go against it.

Lon

Your reasoning does not hold up, for there are times when people were saved just by hearing the message and having living faith.
Absolutely agree, so my reasoning does hold up. I'm saying that when folks get ready to get a pastor, they will generally take the pastor with more education.

Their education did not help save them.
True but it does help with a lot of other things and allow us to better serve the Body of Christ.
Some are teacher, some are not. Scripture itself tells you that. Teacher tend to be more educated than the rest, and capable of explaining things better. Not all have that gift, but if there are 'teachers' 2 Corinthians 12, then there are 'schools' for learning about God. Doesn't that make sense?

Peter was afraid. Peter knew God’s Truth.
Not sure what you mean or how it plays in this conversation...

You keep going on against what Jesus says. Why is it so hard for you to believe?
You are making an assumption. Remember the Bereans in Acts? They were commended for studying hard, remember?
Again, if God gave some to teach, then schools are part of that process as well. How could I have the gift of teaching if there were no students?

Jesus says it is hid from the wise and learned. You are exalting an education. Those whom Jesus saves has nothing to do with going to school.
Out of context. Just like in math, there are fairly simple things to grasp but later, in algebra through Calculus, it gets considerably harder.
The Bible is straightforward but here we are discussing why the triune view is important. AMR rightly said it was because the scriptures themselves make it important. And again, if there are teachers, then God wants schools as well. Sorry, this must necessarily be true.

God did not give some to be false teachers. God does not want us to assemble in a false denomination.
Are every one of them false to you? You'd never find a church that agrees with everything you believe. My church doesn't believe everything exactly as I do. We are all unique, but you should find a Body where you can sign a basic doctrinal statement.

God's Truth

Absolutely agree, so my reasoning does hold up. I'm saying that when folks get ready to get a pastor, they will generally take the pastor with more education.
That is a shame.
True but it does help with a lot of other things and allow us to better serve the Body of Christ.
People with better educations do not serve the Body of Christ better.
You are playing favorites.

James 2
My brothers and sisters, believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ must not show favoritism. 2 Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in filthy old clothes also comes in. 3 If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” 4 have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?
5 Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him? 6 But you have dishonored the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court? 7 Are they not the ones who are blaspheming the noble name of him to whom you belong?
Some are teacher, some are not. Scripture itself tells you that. Teacher tend to be more educated than the rest, and capable of explaining things better.
What you say is not true.
Not all have that gift, but if there are 'teachers' 2 Corinthians 12, then there are 'schools' for learning about God. Doesn't that make sense?
The teacher’s education makes no difference concerning God’s Truth.
Not sure what you mean or how it plays in this conversation...
You said Paul; a more educated man corrected Peter a former fisherman. I said Peter was afraid and that is why he acted out of line with the truth. Peter knew the truth just as well as Paul did.
You are making an assumption. Remember the Bereans in Acts? They were commended for studying hard, remember?
Again, if God gave some to teach, then schools are part of that process as well. How could I have the gift of teaching if there were no students?
The teacher does NOT have to have an education to know God’s Truth.
Going to college means NOTHING to God.
Out of context. Just like in math, there are fairly simple things to grasp but later, in algebra through Calculus, it gets considerably harder.
The Bible is straightforward but here we are discussing why the triune view is important. AMR rightly said it was because the scriptures themselves make it important. And again, if there are teachers, then God wants schools as well. Sorry, this must necessarily be true.
You just believe what some man with a college education taught you. You chose your leader because you are impressed with schooling. God does not care about anyone’s schooling. In fact, God hid the truth from the wise and learned.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
James is not saying we get to pretend we are not sinning when we do.

And james is not saying that unless one is a worker like you, that their faith is dead.

James is actually saying that where Christ is, there will be works of God, performed by God in the believer.

James is saying of sin, that there is no sin in a believer, because they are a new creation, and its His life lived in them, not their own.

God's Truth

And james is not saying that unless one is a worker like you, that their faith is dead.
That is exactly what James is saying.
James is actually saying that where Christ is, there will be works of God, performed by God in the believer.
James is saying faith alone is dead. James does not say what you claim he says.

James is saying of sin, that there is no sin in a believer, because they are a new creation, and its His life lived in them, not their own.
You do not speak what the Word of God says; when a believer does sin then what?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That is exactly what James is saying.

James is saying faith alone is dead. James does not say what you claim he says.

hmm you agreed about what i said james was saying, then you claim james doesnt say what i said.

You can come teach me something when you stop lying, because you obviously arent worried about sin too much, when you are doing it deliberately and while you claim to be teaching whats godly.

john w

Hall of Fame
Why don't you believe Jesus?

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.

The wise and learned were the TEACHERS of the law and the PHARISEES.

"Why don't you believe Jesus?"

That stumper causes us to scratch our noggins, and wonder how you are able to just bamboozle us with questions that we've never seen before, and cannot answer.

"Why don't you believe Jesus" when he tells you to offer the gift that Moses commanded, and to keep the law, as He taught the law? Oh yes-Catholics do believe that they are to keep the law, which explains one of the reasons why they are lost.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Made my final post and requested the One-on-One be closed. GT, this is your chance to get in some final thoughts as I will not be responding in the formal debate thread any longer. Thanks for joining me in the discussion. As I noted in my final post in the debate thread I am disappointed that you were not up to the task as I had assumed you would be. I supose that is to my own discredit, nevertheless, I hope others have been edified by all our discussions.

AMR

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Made my final post and requested the One-on-One be closed. GT, this is your chance to get in some final thoughts as I will not be responding in the formal debate thread any longer. Thanks for joining me in the discussion. As I noted in my final post in the debate thread I am disappointed that you were not up to the task as I had assumed you would be. I supose that is to my own discredit, nevertheless, I hope others have been edified by all our discussions.

AMR

Yes, thank you

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

James does not say what you claim he says.

No? Scripture refutes you and lines up with what i said:

Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

The only works worthy of God are even created by God, not us. All we can do is submit or grieve the Spirit of God.

God's Truth

No? Scripture refutes you and lines up with what i said:

Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

The only works worthy of God are even created by God, not us. All we can do is submit or grieve the Spirit of God.

We have to do God's works.

They are not my works they are God's works.

If you do not obey Jesus then you are not living through him.

If you are not obeying Jesus then you are not clothed with him.

If you are not obeying Jesus then you are not eating his flesh.

If you are not obeying Jesus, you have no life in you.

God's Truth

"Why don't you believe Jesus?"

That stumper causes us to scratch our noggins, and wonder how you are able to just bamboozle us with questions that we've never seen before, and cannot answer.

"Why don't you believe Jesus" when he tells you to offer the gift that Moses commanded, and to keep the law, as He taught the law? Oh yes-Catholics do believe that they are to keep the law, which explains one of the reasons why they are lost.

We can tell that you do not believe we have to obey Jesus.

Are you going to say that was a stumper and that it made you scratch your head?

God's Truth

hmm you agreed about what i said james was saying, then you claim james doesnt say what i said.
How would you ever get that?
You can come teach me something when you stop lying, because you obviously arent worried about sin too much, when you are doing it deliberately and while you claim to be teaching whats godly.

I thought you did not want me to worry about sinning. Contradict much?

glorydaz

We have to do God's works.

They are not my works they are God's works.

If you do not obey Jesus then you are not living through him.

If you are not obeying Jesus then you are not clothed with him.

If you are not obeying Jesus then you are not eating his flesh.

If you are not obeying Jesus, you have no life in you.

If they are God's works, why do you insist we have to do them? :patrol:

Status
Not open for further replies.