Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lon

That is a shame.

People with better educations do not serve the Body of Christ better.
Incorrect.

You are playing favorites.

James 2
My brothers and sisters, believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ must not show favoritism. 2 Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in filthy old clothes also comes in. 3 If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” 4 have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?
5 Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him? 6 But you have dishonored the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court? 7 Are they not the ones who are blaspheming the noble name of him to whom you belong?
So you'll try and sit in another's seat? You need someone to teach you what this passage is about. It isn't at all saying what you'd like to make it say. It is actually telling you to not usurp another man's seat. It is about love and not self-interest and self-indulgence. It is about putting others before ourselves and our perceived needs. It doesn't support you here.

1 Timothy 5:17-20 Do a bit of study in 1&2 Timothy (very short books, read them this week please). It might help you to learn to give honor to those who are found worthy. We stand equal in grace but we have different gifts that result in different attention. You have to study to learn and teachers have the gift of leading others rightly.
Hebrews 13:17 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13

What you say is not true.
I don't care what you 'think' you know, prove it. Stop giving me proof texts and read your bible. In fact, if you have not read your bible all the way through a number of times, you shouldn't be teaching at all. Teachers are teacher and have that gift because they are hard studiers!

The teacher’s education makes no difference concerning God’s Truth.
Proverbs 10:14 Memorize it
Galatians 6:6 2 Timothy 2:15; 3:14-16 Deuteronomy 11:19

You said Paul; a more educated man corrected Peter a former fisherman. I said Peter was afraid and that is why he acted out of line with the truth. Peter knew the truth just as well as Paul did.
And Peter never called Paul's education into question.
The teacher does NOT have to have an education to know God’s Truth.
Oxymoron. ▲That ▲ cannot possibly be true.
Learning is education. Education is learning.

Going to college means NOTHING to God.
Proverbs 4:7 Again 2 Timothy 2:15

You just believe what some man with a college education taught you.
:nono: They allowed me to ask questions, and many of them. Sorry to disappoint but you are wrong. Having never gone, you wouldn't know any way. Quit making stuff up just because you want to or heard somebody else do so. It is a sin.

You chose your leader because you are impressed with schooling.
True ▲ Look at all of those verses!

God does not care about anyone’s schooling.
You have spoken foolishly. Isn't rather true that you are rebellious and do not like them, instead? Read those verses! How does God feel about elders and education? Read the verses, don't debate me just because you don't like it.

In fact, God hid the truth from the wise and learned.
The gospel was hid from 'some' so-called wise and learned men.
Since wisdom is from God, do you believe wise men, by definition would not turn to God? Many did, we already went over this. Do no take verses out of context to fit your wants and desires. That is making God fit you, rather than you being changed and fitted for God. You have a LOT to learn. It is no shame until you would refuse or disdain your elders. Such is reprehensible, not praiseworthy. The scriptures I gave you tell you to count those men and women worthy of double honors because they worked hard and studied to become so.

▲ Read the scriptures ▲

glorydaz

Made my final post and requested the One-on-One be closed. GT, this is your chance to get in some final thoughts as I will not be responding in the formal debate thread any longer. Thanks for joining me in the discussion. As I noted in my final post in the debate thread I am disappointed that you were not up to the task as I had assumed you would be. I supose that is to my own discredit, nevertheless, I hope others have been edified by all our discussions.

AMR

Why don't you believe Jesus? ;)

AMR, your patience was inspiring and your teaching was most edifying. That you took the time to debate GT certainly presented quite the contrast....but it was entertaining seeing such a blend of child psychology and sound doctrine. It reminded me of that old Art Linkletter show, "Kids say the darndest things."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Xld2aObHM

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thank you. It was almost surreal at times. I kept feeling like Phil in Groundhog Day. ;)

AMR

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Jesus came to earth as a Son of Man. He suffered and died. He obeyed his Father.

You say God came as a Son of Man, and another God called the Father was in heaven.

There are not two Gods, or three Gods. There is One God. Since there is One God, and since Jesus is God in the flesh, then Jesus is the same One God as God the Father.

Still failing to distinguish the one nature of God and the 3 personal distinctions within this one nature. You still attack the straw man caricature of the trinity as 3 gods at the end of the debate. It shows you have not learned anything about the trinity that you reject, but that you deflect truth to retain error. We cannot help your ignorant arrogance.:bang::baby:

JosephR

Still failing to distinguish the one nature of God and the 3 personal distinctions within this one nature. You still attack the straw man caricature of the trinity as 3 gods at the end of the debate. It shows you have not learned anything about the trinity that you reject, but that you deflect truth to retain error. We cannot help your ignorant arrogance.:bang::baby:

Speak not of this lady of you anymore,,,the archaic math and scripture You should not ,she is your sister,,

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Because Jesus came as a Son.

The Father sends the Son. The Father loves the Son. The Son prays to the Father. The Son talks about the Father's will, not His own. The Son is with the Father. The salutation in letters, post-resurrection is God our Father AND the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus sends another Comforter, the Holy Spirit. I will send and He will teach....

You reduce language to nonsense and should argue that Paul with Peter or Paul and Peter means that they are the same person?! If the Father was the person of the Son, we would not see countless verses that show they are distinct. The language would be deceptive and only a preconceived Oneness teaching can twist this simple revelation.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Why don't you believe Jesus?

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.

The wise and learned were the TEACHERS of the law and the PHARISEES.

There is a difference between legalistic Pharisees who rejected Jesus and godly teachers given as gifts to the Body of Christ who worship Him (Eph. 4; etc. etc.).

You are simply spouting anti-intellectual sentiment with a non sequitur to stifle debate or critique of your view. Paul was highly educated and used of God. There is no premium on ignorance, especially with nuanced theological concepts.

God's Truth

If they are God's works, why do you insist we have to do them? :patrol:

They are God's works and God says to do them.

God works in us to will AND ACT.

Philippians 2:13
for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

We are called to OBEDIENCE.

Romans 1:5
Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith for his name’s sake.

Romans 16:19
Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I rejoice because of you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.

Romans 16:26
but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith—

2 Corinthians 9:13
Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.

That scripture alone rebukes your doctrines.

2 Corinthians 10:6
And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.

If everyone who believes is automatically obedient, then why is Paul ready to punish them for disobedience?

2 John 1:6
And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

God's Truth

Incorrect.

So you'll try and sit in another's seat? You need someone to teach you what this passage is about. It isn't at all saying what you'd like to make it say. It is actually telling you to not usurp another man's seat. It is about love and not self-interest and self-indulgence. It is about putting others before ourselves and our perceived needs. It doesn't support you here.

1 Timothy 5:17-20 Do a bit of study in 1&2 Timothy (very short books, read them this week please). It might help you to learn to give honor to those who are found worthy. We stand equal in grace but we have different gifts that result in different attention. You have to study to learn and teachers have the gift of leading others rightly.
Hebrews 13:17 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13

I don't care what you 'think' you know, prove it. Stop giving me proof texts and read your bible. In fact, if you have not read your bible all the way through a number of times, you shouldn't be teaching at all. Teachers are teacher and have that gift because they are hard studiers!

Proverbs 10:14 Memorize it
Galatians 6:6 2 Timothy 2:15; 3:14-16 Deuteronomy 11:19

And Peter never called Paul's education into question.

Oxymoron. ▲That ▲ cannot possibly be true.
Learning is education. Education is learning.

Proverbs 4:7 Again 2 Timothy 2:15

:nono: They allowed me to ask questions, and many of them. Sorry to disappoint but you are wrong. Having never gone, you wouldn't know any way. Quit making stuff up just because you want to or heard somebody else do so. It is a sin.

True ▲ Look at all of those verses!

You have spoken foolishly. Isn't rather true that you are rebellious and do not like them, instead? Read those verses! How does God feel about elders and education? Read the verses, don't debate me just because you don't like it.

The gospel was hid from 'some' so-called wise and learned men.
Since wisdom is from God, do you believe wise men, by definition would not turn to God? Many did, we already went over this. Do no take verses out of context to fit your wants and desires. That is making God fit you, rather than you being changed and fitted for God. You have a LOT to learn. It is no shame until you would refuse or disdain your elders. Such is reprehensible, not praiseworthy. The scriptures I gave you tell you to count those men and women worthy of double honors because they worked hard and studied to become so.

▲ Read the scriptures ▲

I do not agree with you at all.

God's Truth

Why don't you believe Jesus? ;)

AMR, your patience was inspiring and your teaching was most edifying. That you took the time to debate GT certainly presented quite the contrast....but it was entertaining seeing such a blend of child psychology and sound doctrine. It reminded me of that old Art Linkletter show, "Kids say the darndest things."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Xld2aObHM

You show your unrighteousness.

You hate me more than AMR's calvinism.

God's Truth

You have a false doctrine, godrulz. You make three Gods.

However, the scriptures say God is ONE.

The scriptures do not say the Father is One God, and the Son is another God.

The scriptures show us that Jesus is God, and is therefore God the Father.

God's Truth

Speak not of this lady of you anymore,,,the archaic math and scripture You should not ,she is your sister,,

Wow. Thank you. You are better than anyone in this whole group. However, you will suffer for it. I hope no one treats you too badly for standing up for me. However, if they do, God will bless you for it.

Love and thanks again.

God's Truth

The Father sends the Son. The Father loves the Son. The Son prays to the Father. The Son talks about the Father's will, not His own.
God came as a Son.
The Son is with the Father. The salutation in letters, post-resurrection is God our Father AND the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus sends another Comforter, the Holy Spirit. I will send and He will teach....
Jesus was standing in front of them in the FLESH. Of course, he is sending another comforter, another comforter not of the flesh.
Jesus even tells them they will know him and that he lives with them. Who was living with them? Jesus was living with them!
John 14:17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
You reduce language to nonsense and should argue that Paul with Peter or Paul and Peter means that they are the same person?!
You speak nonsense. What do Paul and Peter have to do with it? Is Peter and Paul God?
If the Father was the person of the Son, we would not see countless verses that show they are distinct.
Jesus says he only says and does what the FATHER does. JESUS SAYS when you have seen him---you have SEEN THE FATHER.

God's Truth

There is a difference between legalistic Pharisees who rejected Jesus and godly teachers given as gifts to the Body of Christ who worship Him (Eph. 4; etc. etc.).

You are simply spouting anti-intellectual sentiment with a non sequitur to stifle debate or critique of your view. Paul was highly educated and used of God. There is no premium on ignorance, especially with nuanced theological concepts.

Paul says, "What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ."

I believe Paul and not you.

Status
Not open for further replies.