Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

If He came as the Son, how can He be the Father or the Spirit? Why do the scriptures make the distinction between the father Son and Holy Spirit?

There are no distinctions, and the Bible does not make distinctions.

God came as a Man. The Son and Holy Spirit proceed from the Father. The Son only says and does what the Father says and does, as does the Holy Spirit.

Lon

I am not going to spend time reading long copy/pastes from AMR’s manuals. What does become evident from reading AMR’s long drawn out posts is how and where he starts to twist the scriptures.
Even 'if' such were so, it is much better than not being able to tell at all as is the other case. It looks simply like you believe what you like to think with little rhyme or reason. You, frankly, should have declined this challenge. To me at least, you are looking rather unable to be able to debate formally. Formal debate is important and this isn't it as far as your efforts. It is like watching a junior higher show up to a college debate forum. I don't know if you heard it when you walked in but there were a lot of "Are you kidding me?" and "What was AMR thinking?"

We all thought you a bit older than your online persona belied.

I did not learn about Christ in Catechism. I did not learn about Christ from the other false denominations that taught me falseness. People are taught wrong.
I don't 'generally' find this true. Yes, in some, but I think very few, cases.
Just because someone is taught in a group does not mean they are taught the truth.
Well, you are certainly going to show that you believe this without exception in the next sentence, but we do tend to be able to raise our hands in class and I always did.

I could not care less what you think I have done. I only care what God thinks of me.
I'm not even sure you care about that. You didn't 'seem' to work hard for Him in this debate imho. It is a humble opinion too, I've no idea how hard you worked. It just doesn't 'look' like it to me.

I think like a Man.
We are wired differently. My sister is a bit of a Tomboy growing up with 3 brothers but she is most definitely a girl. There is nothing wrong with thinking like a woman if you are women. Women 'generally' appeal to emotion more than men and you've done so in this debate. It would actually, I believe, reflect better on your debate if you were a woman, to say so. It would actually elevate your debate a bit and I don't at all mean that disparagingly. There is neither male or female in our standing with God, but we do indeed express ourselves differently.
And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Yes, exactly what I was thinking. It is okay to be child-like. It is also okay to be a woman, which I'm pretty sure you are.

Studying Greek and using Bible dictionaries has not helped either of you.
Not true. Even go to the UPC who think like you, they will disagree with you on this. They have colleges and seminaries precisely because they agree (as I with them). There is no field, including theology that a person isn't better served going to college (or precious few of which I'm doubtful).

The person college-prepared will do better than the one who hasn't gone. That is why college grads make significantly more and have larger credibility, even in churches. Such cannot be denied. A congregation will take a seminary trained pastor long before they will ever bring in one without it as a fairly blanketedly true general rule. Don't believe me? Ask to sit as an observer on your next pastoral selection committee.

glorydaz

I enjoy it when others condemn me, yet they do not even know for sure what my gender is.I am no baby Christian.

I do. ;)

I think you have a good heart, GT, but you will never mature if you remain separated from the body of Christ. We are to edify one another, and we grow and mature when we listen to what the Spirit is teaching other believers. If we don't listen, we miss out on all those things we should be receiving from the body.

God's Truth

I do. ;)

I think you have a good heart, GT, but you will never mature if you remain separated from the body of Christ. We are to edify one another, and we grow and mature when we listen to what the Spirit is teaching other believers. If we don't listen, we miss out on all those things we should be receiving from the body.

You need to repent for following false doctrines and teaching them.

God's Truth

Even 'if' such were so, it is much better than not being able to tell at all as is the other case. It looks simply like you believe what you like to think with little rhyme or reason. You, frankly, should have declined this challenge. To me at least, you are looking rather unable to be able to debate formally. Formal debate is important and this isn't it as far as your efforts. It is like watching a junior higher show up to a college debate forum. I don't know if you heard it when you walked in but there were a lot of "Are you kidding me?" and "What was AMR thinking?"

We all thought you a bit older than your online persona belied.

I don't 'generally' find this true. Yes, in some, but I think very few, cases.

Well, you are certainly going to show that you believe this without exception in the next sentence, but we do tend to be able to raise our hands in class and I always did.

I'm not even sure you care about that. You didn't 'seem' to work hard for Him in this debate imho. It is a humble opinion too, I've no idea how hard you worked. It just doesn't 'look' like it to me.

We are wired differently. My sister is a bit of a Tomboy growing up with 3 brothers but she is most definitely a girl. There is nothing wrong with thinking like a woman if you are women. Women 'generally' appeal to emotion more than men and you've done so in this debate. It would actually, I believe, reflect better on your debate if you were a woman, to say so. It would actually elevate your debate a bit and I don't at all mean that disparagingly. There is neither male or female in our standing with God, but we do indeed express ourselves differently.

Yes, exactly what I was thinking. It is okay to be child-like. It is also okay to be a woman, which I'm pretty sure you are.

Not true. Even go to the UPC who think like you, they will disagree with you on this. They have colleges and seminaries precisely because they agree (as I with them). There is no field, including theology that a person isn't better served going to college (or precious few of which I'm doubtful).

The person college-prepared will do better than the one who hasn't gone. That is why college grads make significantly more and have larger credibility, even in churches. Such cannot be denied. A congregation will take a seminary trained pastor long before they will ever bring in one without it as a fairly blanketedly true general rule. Don't believe me? Ask to sit as an observer on your next pastoral selection committee.

Lon, I cannot bring myself to read this. I hope that one day you will understand.

bybee

Lon, I cannot bring myself to read this. I hope that one day you will understand.

I believe he does understand.
He is speaking "in generalities" of things which haven proven, over time, to be true. That doesn't exclude "exceptions". It just means that they are not likely to happen.
I want my Minister to be a college graduate, seminary trained and interned in the field before he/she heads up my church.
The differences in logistics and approaches in problem solving between males and females are obvious and they are complimentary!
It is still imperative that lay persons be educated, knowledgeable and involved in the daily life of their churches.

God's Truth

I believe he does understand.
He is speaking "in generalities" of things which haven proven, over time, to be true. That doesn't exclude "exceptions". It just means that they are not likely to happen.
I want my Minister to be a college graduate, seminary trained and interned in the field before he/she heads up my church.
The differences in logistics and approaches in problem solving between males and females are obvious and they are complimentary!
It is still imperative that lay persons be educated, knowledgeable and involved in the daily life of their churches.

It makes no difference whatsoever about the education to be saved and know God's Truth.

Catholic priests and popes are educated, so are Mormons, and many other leaders in false religions. AMR is proof that an education had done nothing but harm him concerning the truth.

Lon

Sure, not a problem. Forgive any ouch factor if I caressed toes. I believe a good deal of it or wouldn't have said it but that doesn't mean I might have needed to say some of it in a more approachable manner.

It makes no difference whatsoever about the education to be saved and know God's Truth.

Catholic priests and popes are educated, so are Mormons, and many other leaders in false religions. AMR is proof that an education had done nothing but harm him concerning the truth.
Don't forget that even pastors in your own UPC denomination tend to go to college to be pastors.

I think AMR and others have done better than I in making those points clear anyway, and hopefully, you see them in a caring and gentle yet corrective manner.

In Him,

Lon

God's Truth

Sure, not a problem. Forgive any ouch factor if I caressed toes. I believe a good deal of it or wouldn't have said it but that doesn't mean I might have needed to say some of it in a more approachable manner.

I think AMR and others have done better than I in making those points clear anyway, and hopefully, you see them in a caring and gentle yet corrective manner.

In Him,

Lon

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.

The wise and learned were the TEACHERS of the law and the PHARISEES.

God's Truth

Don't forget that even pastors in your own UPC denomination tend to go to college to be pastors.

I do not have a pastor besides Jesus; and, I do not belong to any denomination, not even nondenominational.

Lon

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.

The wise and learned were the TEACHERS of the law and the PHARISEES.

1st, don't you remember the disciples spent time with Jesus every day? That means they were trained very well for 3 years

2nd, Paul and others were called. Even Nicodemus. These men were formally educated.

3rd, when a clash did occur, it was the one with the education that was right (Paul corrected Peter).

So please don't put all educated pastors into the same category as Pharisees.

I do not have a pastor besides Jesus; and, I do not belong to any denomination, not even nondenominational.

Not good GT. Romans 12:5 , 1 Corinthians 12:12-28, and Hebrews 10:25 God gave some to be bishops, pastors, and teacher...remember that?

God's Truth

1st, don't you remember the disciples spent time with Jesus every day? That means they were trained very well for 3 years
Your reasoning does not hold up, for there are times when people were saved just by hearing the message and having living faith.
2nd, Paul and others were called. Even Nicodemus. These men were formally educated.
Their education did not help save them.
3rd, when a clash did occur, it was the one with the education that was right (Paul corrected Peter).
Peter was afraid. Peter knew God’s Truth.
So please don't put all educated pastors into the same category as Pharisees.
You keep going on against what Jesus says. Why is it so hard for you to believe?
Jesus says it is hid from the wise and learned. You are exalting an education. Those whom Jesus saves has nothing to do with going to school.
Not good GT. Romans 12:5 , 1 Corinthians 12:12-28, and Hebrews 10:25 God gave some to be bishops, pastors, and teacher...remember that?
God did not give some to be false teachers. God does not want us to assemble in a false denomination.

Status
Not open for further replies.