Did Jesus Abolish the Commandments?

Robert Pate

Banned
Help me understand something Robert.

Jesus said: “Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations; baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teach them to observe all the commands I gave you.” Mat 28:19-20.

Are you telling me that making disciples by preaching the gospel is law and therefore places the preacher under condemnation?

Matthew 28:19-20 is law. Jesus told them to do something.

No one is under condemnation, unless they don't follow the commandment. Then you become a sinner.

RBBI

The emnity is the law. Where there is no law there is no emnity.

Again....you are translating the scripture to suit your doctrine, not adjusting your doctrine to suit the scripture.

Sin is a principality, and principality is His enemy, and is enmity towards Him. He makes that plain. He has no flesh and blood enemies, and certainly the LAW which CAME FROM HIM, is not His enemy. If He has no flesh and blood enemies, this must be why He said that our enemies are the powers and PRINCIPALITIES of the air = spiritual.

The reason He nailed it to the cross was not to do away with it, but to point to the ANSWER to the problem, which was why a brass serpent was nailed to the pole in the OT, after the people had accepted the principality's thought into their hearts, and acted on it.

The sting of sin is death. So we have sin, which is described as having a stinger, and that stinger is death, correct? That's probably why the other scripture witness says, O death, where is thy sting?

Faith without works is dead (produces death) and works without faith is dead (produces death).

Now keeping this in mind, when the principality sin spoke to the hearts of the Israelites concerning flesh, would it have been faith in HaShem (who they can't see) if they had resisted and walked on? Yes, and faith with the work of walking on, would NOT have produced death, as we are told.

But they produced death via their disobedience, so the reversal had to be shown to them, which was another command from HaShem that they had to have faith AND works for, to reverse the curse wrought by listening to the principality and obeying it.

And it was: look on the serpent on the pole and you will live. Faith in what He said, plus works of doing what He said = NO death from the principality. It's a principality, or do you think they all just started dying off because they had quail in their teeth?

Now did the law regarding not lusting after the fleshly things when He has provided better change, or was it thrown away? NO.

Does it still work today in those that do such things? YES and it will as long as there is flesh that needs to die to self.

Is the purpose of that law to offer wholeness from sin? NO. It points out the brokenness that exists and NEEDS wholeness, which is only to be found with the COMBINATION of the two on the pole.

Is it bad to point out brokenness? NO.

Does HaShem use it? YES.

Does, once conviction start, He use it point to a way to wholeness? YES. Peace

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No.

Matthew 5:18 American Standard Version (ASV)

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass away from the law, till all things be accomplished.

daqq

"Did Jesus Abolish the Commandments?" No. Paul did.

Paul did not do it either but rather those who have been misunderstanding and misusing the words of Paul for about seventeen hundred years now have done it. Yet the only place anything has been "abolished" is within their own hearts and minds. The Name of the Father is all of His Word, (a name is character, attribute, quality, and so on) and right there in the Apostolic writings we are clearly told that we are to be immersed in the Name of the Father, (Matthew 28:19). How sad it is that they have abolished the Name of the Father by abolishing His Word. They truly cannot be "Saved™" according to their own new laws. :crackup:

RBBI

Paul did not do it either but rather those who have been misunderstanding and misusing the words of Paul for about seventeen hundred years now have done it. Yet the only place anything has been "abolished" is within their own hearts and minds. The Name of the Father is all of His Word, (a name is character, attribute, quality, and so on) and right there in the Apostolic writings we are clearly told that we are to be immersed in the Name of the Father, (Matthew 28:19). How sad it is that they have abolished the Name of the Father by abolishing His Word. They truly cannot be "Saved™" according to their own new laws. :crackup:

I personally think it started sooner than 1700 years ago, but either way, it started. But Amen to everything else for sure....Peace

daqq

I personally think it started sooner than 1700 years ago, but either way, it started. But Amen to everything else for sure....Peace

Yeah, I cannot disagree with you in that, but only to say that there was a point where the new elite succeeded in making their stance the official stance of the realm. :)

OCTOBER23

OK DOSER,

DON'T FORGET RAPE TOO

La 5:11 They ravished the women in Zion, and the maids in the cities of Judah.

RBBI

Yeah, I cannot disagree with you in that, but only to say that there was a point where the new elite succeeded in making their stance the official stance of the realm. :)

Definitely. You ever ponder the fact the ones He came to the first time didn't recognize Him when He came and it seems there has been a concerted effort going on all these centuries to make sure His image is unrecognizable again, so He is missed again?

Makes me wonder if the boasting branch hasn't about managed to get itself cut off, too. :confused: Peace

iamaberean

Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Faith counts for righteousness, not keeping the commandments that you don't keep anyway.

Therein lies the problem with the worker bees. They boast in it and will later find out that Moses (the Law) will be their accuser.

RBBI

Therein lies the problem with the worker bees. They boast in it and will later find out that Moses (the Law) will be their accuser.

And therein lies the problem with the queen bees, who sit by and watch, not realizing that this is the WORKS of "faith WITHOUT works", that He said is DEAD, produces death. Peace

False Prophet

The Ten Commandments were finished. The Old Covenant was fulfilled, and we received a New Covenant with better promises.
We have different commandments in the New Covenant; here are some:
9 - 10 Surely you know that the people who do wrong will not inherit God’s kingdom. Do not be fooled. Those who sin sexually, worship idols, take part in adultery, those who are male prostitutes, or men who have sexual relations with other men, those who steal, are greedy, get drunk, lie about others, or rob—these people will not inherit God’s kingdom. 1 cor 6

Robert Pate

Banned
And therein lies the problem with the queen bees, who sit by and watch, not realizing that this is the WORKS of "faith WITHOUT works", that He said is DEAD, produces death. Peace

James did not say that it "Produces death".

He meant that faith without works was dead faith.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Excellent verse. Let's discuss it along with something else.

James 2

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?

By works Abraham was justified. James is asking a rhetorical question. Abraham was circumcised at the time. That is key to understanding what Paul is getting at.

Galatians 3

2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

See the difference?

22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?

vs

3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

Why do you suppose their claims are the exact opposite? Of course I already mentioned it, but some want to deny the obvious.