Curt Schilling's Islam/Nazi tweet

bybee

I don't get the point of it.

Even if the percentages were correct, we don't hate all Germans or call for a ban on all German immigrants. So is Curt's point that we should give non-extremist Muslims the same benefit of the doubt as we gave non-Nazi Germans?

During WWII there was serious infiltration in America by Germans who were Nazi sympathizers and engaged in acts of espionage.
Based on incidents like the Muslim doctor in our military who slaughtered unarmed men as an act of terrorism, Islam is also engaged in espionage within America?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Curt Schilling is getting in trouble from tweeting this....

Curt Schilling should have went further and showed the ties between Islam and Nazi Germany.

Clueless Lefties Completely Ignorant About Hitler’s Ties to the Muslims
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/5292...y-ignorant-about-hitlers-ties-to-the-muslims/

muslimssunit.jpg

Grand Mufti of Jerusalem Proudly Inspects Muslim SS Unit

It’s Not Just Heim or the Grand Mufti: Islam & Nazism’s Long-Standing Connection; ODESSA
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/4789/its-not-just-heim-or-the-grand-mufti-islam-odessa/

Of course the tie is both Islam's and Nazi Germany's HATRED of Judaism and Christianity and the desire to annihilate both.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Okay so I have several Muslim friends, and you've a crossed a line. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you don't have any Islamic acquaintances? They're good people. In fact they're FAR better than most on this website, and they adamantly oppose this brutality that extremists perform.

Have them come forward as I'd like to ask them a few questions about their religion.

It's shocking how similar Christianity and Islam are. If you would have studied either of the two religions in depth you would know that

Please share in detail.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What are your thoughts?

I'm seeing a lot of headlines that are simply saying he compared Muslims to Nazis, which isn't fair. His tweet was about Islamic fanatics.

the other night
it was a slow one
and
I watched

Judgment at Nuremberg

maybe for the first time

it was a very powerful moment when one of the defendants got up to try to explain how it could all happen

it made me think of trump
a powerful leader who is going to make everything all better
never mind how he is going to do it

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
it made me think of trump
a powerful leader who is going to make everything all better
never mind how he is going to do it

It's interesting how your boy's brother (your boy being RINO Jeb Bush and of course his brother being George) created ISIS.

In 2010, Bakr and a small group of former Iraqi intelligence officers made Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the emir and later "caliph," the official leader of the Islamic State. They reasoned that Baghdadi, an educated cleric, would give the group a religious face.

"Bakr was "a nationalist, not an Islamist," says Iraqi journalist Hisham al-Hashimi, as he recalls the former career officer, who was stationed with Hashimi's cousin at the Habbaniya Air Base. "Colonel Samir," as Hashimi calls him, "was highly intelligent, firm and an excellent logistician." But when Paul Bremer, then head of the US occupational authority in Baghdad, "dissolved the army by decree in May 2003, he was bitter and unemployed."

Thousands of well-trained Sunni officers were robbed of their livelihood with the stroke of a pen. In doing so, America created its most bitter and intelligent enemies. Bakr went underground and met Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in Anbar Province in western Iraq. Zarqawi, a Jordanian by birth, had previously run a training camp for international terrorist pilgrims in Afghanistan. Starting in 2003, he gained global notoriety as the mastermind of attacks against the United Nations, US troops and Shiite Muslims. He was even too radical for former Al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden. Zarqawi died in a US air strike in 2006.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/13/jeb-bush-isis_n_7279970.html

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
jeb talks about love
you and your boy trump talk about hate
you and your kind now have a leader

Define "love". Ah heck, let me do it for you:

Jeb Bush angers Republicans with soft immigration stance

The Republican 2016 election frontrunner in hot water after describing immigration as an "act of love" and urging his own party to show more compassion to illegal migrants.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...Republicans-with-soft-immigration-stance.html

Back to the subject of Islam:

"In 2005, then Governor of Florida Jeb Bush sent a letter to his state’s chapter of a Muslim Brotherhood front group. In the letter, Bush praised the group’s work on ‘Muslim civil rights’ and closed by offering…

“…congratulations on your accomplishments and my warmest greetings and best wishes on your continuing success.”
http://shoebat.com/2014/10/02/muslim-brotherhood-infiltration-john-boehners-support-jeb-bush/

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'll always admire and really respect Schill for what he did for the Sox in '04: Playing through that bloody sock carved him in a place in Boston sports lore for the rest of recorded time. Incredible stuff and part of that incredible, magical comeback against the Yankees.

That said, he's always been kind of a bloviating boob, and this just crosses a line. This little tweet doesn't have any basis in fact, or reality, and was just plain flat-out stupid.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Have them come forward as I'd like to ask them a few questions about their religion.
I've talked to them in depth about the religion. I'm confident I can answer any questions you may have

Please share in detail.
Off the top of my head, the two religions share Genesis, both revere Jesus, both believe that he will come in the end times, both have committed horrible atrocities in the name of God, both share a common link with Babylonian and Sumerian polytheistic tradition (specifically the god El, and to a lesser extent Baal), both have roots in early Jewish tradition......should I go on?

bybee

I've talked to them in depth about the religion. I'm confident I can answer any questions you may have

Off the top of my head, the two religions share Genesis, both revere Jesus, both believe that he will come in the end times, both have committed horrible atrocities in the name of God, both share a common link with Babylonian and Sumerian polytheistic tradition (specifically the god El, and to a lesser extent Baal), both have roots in early Jewish tradition......should I go on?

There is the Bible and there is the Quran. Two very different books with very different messages.

bybee

Have you read the Quran?

Yes.
Also a commentary on it by a Muslim scholar and commentaries by non-Muslims.
I have no quarrel with Islam nor with Muslims so long as they do not seek to take over our communities and insist on their ways as the norm for all.

HisServant

For perhaps the first time you and I are in complete agreement.

The argument is that all it takes is for the majority to not stand up to the minority and you are vulnerable to Nazi type behavior.

The vast majority of Germans were not Nazi's, but through their inaction's ceded their country to them.

I believe the same is going on in the Islamic world at the moment.

It's time for the peaceful Muslims to stand up and take their religion back.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The argument is that all it takes is for the majority to not stand up to the minority and you are vulnerable to Nazi type behavior.

The vast majority of Germans were not Nazi's, but through their inaction's ceded their country to them.

The Nazi card is played out and I am sick to death of lazy people using it as a crutch. Enough already.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Nazi card is played out and I am sick to death of lazy people using it as a crutch. Enough already.
It's weak in another way, how do you quantify that resistance? In fact, despite a lot of people with an investment in broad brushing Islam the way he just did, non radical Islam has been pretty vocal in denouncing terrorism for a very long time, including much of the un or under covered response to 911, which I documented back in the day.

I'm no particular fan of the Muslim faith, but if over a billion and a half people wanted to make trouble for the rest of us you wouldn't be reading mostly about horrible things happening elsewhere or once in a blue moon somewhere nearer.

Most gun owners in this country are responsible, law abiding, decent people. But a lot of people with guns do horrible things and no one rational conflates the responsible citizen with the murderer, or robber.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Have them [some of your Muslim friends] come forward as I'd like to ask them a few questions about their religion.

Ok then, here we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Please share in detail.

Off the top of my head, the two religions share Genesis,...

"Genesis provides a unified description of Creation; the Qur’an does not. Instead, fragmented passages are scattered across many of its 114 chapters (“Sura”).
http://christiananswers.net/q-aig/quran-genesis.html

both revere Jesus,

Islam believes that Jesus Christ was a prophet, not the Son of God.

both believe that he will come in the end times,

According to Islam "Jesus descends and converts the world to Islam, kills the Jews, breaks crosses, declares himself a Muslim and gets married. He dies after 40-years."
http://www.truthnet.org/islam/Islam-Bible/4Islambeliefs/

both have committed horrible atrocities in the name of God,

Hardly. The Crusades was to stop Muslim aggression, and Islam continues to be an extremely violent religion to this day.

The Crusades: When Christendom Pushed Back
http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/history/item/4698-the-crusades-when-christendom-pushed-back

Islam's Latest Contributions to Peace
http://thereligionofpeace.com/

both share a common link with Babylonian and Sumerian polytheistic tradition (specifically the god El, and to a lesser extent Baal),

If you want to call the Trinity polytheist, that's about as close as you'll get (it's not).

both have roots in early Jewish tradition......should I go on?

You finally got one right. Quit while you're this far behind.

Quetzal

They have. For every terrorist act, there are millions of Muslims speaking out against them. Many of them are actively in combat zones fighting them. Leaders from all around the world are denouncing terrorist tactics and actions. What else would you like them to do? Being an expert in Middle East/Islamic culture, history, and politics; I am sure you have prepared an all-encompassing, infallible solution. So, go ahead... wow us.