Cub Reporters 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sorry, again, folks. Apparently the only recourse I have to trolling these days is to lock down threads.

Back after library hours then. :e4e:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:singer: Race Results

It was a hotly contested field, but in the end GM proved too much for it to handle, cruising across the finish line two full lengths ahead of all rivals (13). Stripe and Truster came in a dead heat and split second and third, denying me my first showing in years as I miss the winners circle by a length (11).

Congrats Grosnick Marowbe! :first:

bybee

Sorry, again, folks. Apparently the only recourse I have to trolling these days is to lock down threads.

Back after library hours then. :e4e:

It is unfortunate that Libraries can have no way of knowing that troglodytes sometimes wear overcoats and frequently show up in places dedicated to literacy.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Defeated yet again. :plain:

you can get prosthetics for that :)

prosthetic_feet.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:singer: Race Report

A slow, thin field out of the gate and down the opening straight away, with Stripe, Truster, resod and musterion neck and neck at a trot (3), Nick, JoeR and Naz luke warm on their heels one length back (2) and the field, consisting entirely of Nang, BR and rocket drifting out of the start and still only two lengths off the early lead (1).

One of the more relaxed openers in months. :idunno:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:singer: Race Report

At the half and Truster (8) has begun to pull away, now three lengths ahead of a game musterion and a fading resod (5) in a dead heat for second. The outside battle for third or a chance to overtake rests with Nick and stripe, who've faltered since the opening bell.

But with these ongoing low totals the month could belong to anyone with enough outrage and a nag to ride.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
and after having fallen asleep in the starting box for the first half of the month, town finally gets a late start!

it's anybody's guess whether or not he'll be able to make up the lost ground in the next fifteen days!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
and after having fallen asleep in the starting box for the first half of the month, town finally gets a late start!

it's anybody's guess whether or not he'll be able to make up the lost ground in the next fifteen days!
Originality: the quality of being new and different in a good and appealing way.

There, now at least you can spell it and you know the primary definition. :)

resodko

BANNED
Banned
oh, shoot

you're just trying to bait me into making a post that you can report for being "not in the spirit of the thread"

nice try, but i'm not biting :wave2:

no, you'll have to try harder to get back in the race little fella :darwinsm:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
oh, shoot

you're just trying to bait me into making a post that you can report for being "not in the spirit of the thread"
wit: an ability to say or write things that are clever and usually funny.

Again, at least now you can spell it and know what it is when you don't write it.

nice try, but i'm not biting :wave2:
Oh, don't sell yourself short.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Race Report :singer:

Heading down the home stretch and it's two dead heats to decide the race. Nick has come on to pull even with Truster for the lead (9) while two lengths back it's musterion and the temporarily grazing resodko (7) in position to challenge or, in the alternative, battle for the third spot.

Behind them a field of Angel, GM, IMJ, Stripe and yours truly are the only horses in position to theoretically mount a charge, well off the lead at six full lengths and a closer four to vie for a place.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Nick did his best but at the wire a surging Truster was simply too determined to overcome and it's our resident ignorathon champion at the wire. Truster by a carefully restitched nose (1) with Nick right behind (12) and a game Musterion taking the third position, just off the lead by two lengths.

March belongs to Truster. :first: Congrats.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Out of the gate and down the first and Truster is away alertly (6), well ahead of the pack and opening up a two full lengths lead over trailing Lon (4). Hard on Lon's heels and fighting toward the lead and over third are BM, PJ, free and Must at 3, Nang and journey a length back of the pack and in contention though well off the lead (2).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Coming off of the first turn and it's Stripe and musterion (7), surging past a fading Truster (6) with Tracer and GM just back and two off the lead (5). PJ, Lon and Free remain in contention (4) as Nang pulls up lame and journey is nowhere to be seen.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Out of the final turn and into the home stretch and it's a close field in contention for their place in the winner's circle with Stripe having taken the lead (10) he entered the turn sharing with musterion. Barely in contention entering the turn, free has come on to take second only a length behind (9) while a failing must holds on to third for the moment (8). Still in contention are Truster, PJ and GM, two back of the placing pace at (6) with Lon, Angel, TB and AMR hanging on to hope on their heels (5).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Race Final :singer:

And Stripe continued to pour it on late, pulling away to take the month's crown easily with a staggering (17), walking away from musterion (10) and a game but trailing Lon (9), with free and angel a length back but out of the money.

Congrats Stripe! :first: April is in the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.