Counterfeit Christianity

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Could it be, just could it be, that there was no Christian church in Rome?

This is nonsense. Even Augustine was active in the 4th and 5th Centuries. The Protestant Reformation was a millenia after that. The East/West split wouldn't even happen until the 11th Century.

What churches did you want the saints to be a part of in the early centuries? Nothing here implies what we know of Romanism since Trent and a few centuries before resembles a visible vestige of Our Lord's bride, but to claim no such visible vestiges existed in Rome during and after the Apostles is just foolishness.

Then again, Robert, you refuse to even covenant with any church, claiming they are all whores, so your nonsense is not unexpected.

AMR

Robert Pate

Banned
No, since the testimony of Christian history unambiguously demonstrates that Peter and Paul established the church in Rome.

Jesus didn't mention the churches at Jerusalem or Antioch either. Shall we conclude, then, that there must not have been a church in Jerusalem or Antioch as well?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Maybe there were no Christian churches in Jerusalem or Antioch.

Christian churches were being wiped out by sever persecutions.

Robert Pate

Banned
This is nonsense. Even Augustine was active in the 4th and 5th Centuries. The Protestant Reformation was a millenia after that. The East/West split wouldn't even happen until the 11th Century.

What churches did you want the saints to be a part of in the early centuries? Nothing here implies what we know of Romanism since Trent and a few centuries before resembles a visible vestige of Our Lord's bride, but to claim no such visible vestiges existed in Rome during and after the Apostles is just foolishness.

Then again, Robert, you refuse to even covenant with any church, claiming they are all whores, so your nonsense is not unexpected.

AMR

Paul addressed his letter to the saints in Rome, not to the church in Rome, probably because there was no church in Rome.

Any church or religion that is void of the glorious Gospel of Christ is a whore church.

When I say Gospel I mean the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles a world of lost sinners to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

ezra.eskriba

No, since the testimony of Christian history unambiguously demonstrates that Peter and Paul established the church in Rome.

Jesus didn't mention the churches at Jerusalem or Antioch either. Shall we conclude, then, that there must not have been a church in Jerusalem or Antioch as well?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform

+T+

Question: The disciples in Antioch are called what then in the book of Acts?

ACTS 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch

and again it was said when Paul is persuading Agrippa...

ACTS 26:28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.

You missed the point that it is should be a follower of Christ and the Lord is the head of the church. Many missed the point that being a Christian is not some sort of sect or group or religion that you need to be a member of whether in the past or in the future... all in all we belong to Christ and we are all "servants" of the Lord.

Remember what the apostle John said...

REV 22:6 And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.

The apostle said he is the servant of the Lord and again Jesus teaches...

MAT 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Where then is the religion of the past.. it doesn't matter.. where then is the religion in the future.. it doesn't matter either. For our battle is not with flesh and blood and we need to remember how much the Lord suffered for us.

We are called Christians in the first place the follower of Christ and not some sort of sect.

I rather be called to suffer as a Christian and not as some member of an organization or sect.. just as Peter said in another verse..

1 PET 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Could it be, just could it be, that there was no Christian church in Rome?

Why would Jesus overlook one of his churches?

Really the Lord didn't tell you to read someone else's mail. So why is it that you are reading it? Is it because you are a dishonest bible reader?

ezra.eskriba

Really the Lord didn't tell you to read someone else's mail. So why is it that you are reading it? Is it because you are a dishonest bible reader?

Haven't you read in the Psalms...

PS 145:11-13
They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power; 12 To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom. 13 Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations.

and again he said..

DAN 7:14
And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

When Jesus started his kingdom thru the apostles.. the church.. is it not the prophetic message living in our hearts today?... Remember that the kingdom of God is like a tree with branches. Let's say the catholics didn't continued with the teachings way way back...

Then it is no longer an everlasting kingdom..

Either when the protestant church breaks away from catholic..

Either each and every christian today who believed in the gospel.. the death and ressurection of Christ.

What more can we say... the kingdom of God is not like any worldly or earthly organization or company as we knew.. rather a spiritual one.

Didn't the Lord's warning to the Jews...it says... MAT 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof

If you who is a Catholic, Protestant or any denominational believers who believes in the grace and the gospel of Christ did not remain in the vine and the teachings of the Lord.. then God will takeaway the kingdom from you and will be given to another who will bear fruit for the Lord.

So what is the conclusion of the matter? Would you be rather called as a catholic, protestant, calvinist, bornagain or whatever denominational name.. or simple be called a follower of Christ... a CHRISTIAN!

ACTS 26:28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian. 29 And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day... :)

Robert Pate

Banned
You know virtually nothing about ecclesiastical history, and simply cannot be taken seriously except by those who are just as ignorant as yourself.

To bad there not something in the Bible about your one Historic Church.

Because there is nothing there, me thinks that it is a figment of your imagination.