Counterfeit Christianity

KingdomRose

The full quote is "believe in the one true God and in Jesus Christ who He has sent"

But you do not believe in the Jesus Christ who God sent, the bible Christ is God in the flesh...you believe in a different one.

I'm sorry, but you are the one that does not believe in the Jesus Christ who God sent, because you claim he is God. Does God send HIMSELF? Jesus could not BE God, because God told him what to do and how to do it!

"Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do NOTHING of himself, unless it is something he sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner." (John 5:19, NASB)

:chuckle:

KingdomRose

First, tell us what "of God status" means.

Secondly, you completely fail to understand who Jesus is. It's not unusual, many people have this problem. Jesus is NOT JUST a man, but He is the God/Man. He is God in human flesh. His spirit is God.

You need to remember that AS A MAN, Jesus was a Jew under the law. Sometimes, when He is speaking, He is speaking from the perspective of a man that is a Jew under the law. Other times He is speaking as the LORD from heaven.

For example, when Jesus says "My God and Your God", He is including Himself with HIS PEOPLE, Israel. But at NO point does He ever stop being the LORD from heaven.

According to Acts 1, Jesus will return just as He left... bodily on the Mount of Olives. Zechariah had already explained this in detail.
Act 1:9-12 KJV And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. (10) And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; (11) Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. (12) Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Zec 14:1-4 KJV Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. (2) For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. (3) Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. (4) And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
It's all clearly explained right there in the Bible.

I don't think anyone here thinks that Jesus was JUST a man. He came from heaven, at the Father's behest. He was/is truly divine....he is just not God.

You claim that Jesus spoke "out of two sides of his mouth," as the saying goes. I disagree that he spoke like a human one time and like
God the next. That makes him seem quite unstable.

No, I agree, he does not stop being the Lord from heaven. And when he speaks of "MY GOD," we should show him the respect that he deserves and take seriously what he says.

Look again at Acts chapter 1. Did you miss the point that Jesus was caught up into the air and was OBSCURED BY A CLOUD?

"And after he had said these things, he was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received him out of their sight." (verse 9, NASB)

They couldn't see him as he ascended! He will return in the SAME WAY. Invisibly.

It is YHWH who "stands on the Mt. of Olives." Since YHWH (the Father) does not and has not ever literally come down here to the earth, it is a great deal of poetic license to say that He will. Many scriptures say that God comes down to the earth, but it is understood that He does not do that literally. He makes His presence known, but from His place in heaven. Zechariah 14 has meaning that transcends a surface-type meaning that you give it.

So what is the message of Zechariah 14:4? Well, since Jerusalem ("the city") is symbolic of heavenly Jerusalem, "the mountain of the olive trees, which is in front of Jerusalem," must also be taken symbolically. What does that mountain represent? How will it be "split at its middle" and become two mountains? Why does Jehovah refer to them as "my mountains"? In the Bible, mountains can represent kingdoms, or governments. Also, blessings and protection are associated with God's mountain. (Psalm 72:3; Isaiah 25:6,7) Thus, the mountain of the olive trees on which God stands to the east of earthly Jerusalem represents Jehovah's universal sovereignty, His supreme rulership. Also, the mountain to the east of Jerusalem splits in the sense that Jehovah establishes another rulership, a subsidiary one. This secondary rulership is the Messianic Kingdom in the hands of Jesus Christ. That is why Jehovah speaks of the two mountains that result from the splitting of "the Mount of Olives" as being "my mountains." Both of them are His.

Further: When the symbolic mountain splits, half to the north and half to the south, Jehovah's feet remain set upon both mountains. (Kind of tough for a physical person to do.) "A very great valley" comes into existence beneath Jehovah's feet. This SYMBOLIC valley represents divine protection, by which Jehovah's servants find safety under His universal sovereignty and His Son's Messianic Kingdom. Jehovah will make sure that pure worship will never be snuffed out.

There is more to say, but hopefully folks here will ruminate on what I've already written, and get the sense of it.

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think anyone here thinks that Jesus was JUST a man. He came from heaven, at the Father's behest. He was/is truly divine....he is just not God.

You claim that Jesus spoke "out of two sides of his mouth," as the saying goes. I disagree that he spoke like a human one time and like
God the next. That makes him seem quite unstable.

No, I agree, he does not stop being the Lord from heaven. And when he speaks of "MY GOD," we should show him the respect that he deserves and take seriously what he says.

Look again at Acts chapter 1. Did you miss the point that Jesus was caught up into the air and was OBSCURED BY A CLOUD?

"And after he had said these things, he was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received him out of their sight." (verse 9, NASB)

They couldn't see him as he ascended! He will return in the SAME WAY. Invisibly.

It is YHWH who "stands on the Mt. of Olives." Since YHWH (the Father) does not and has not ever literally come down here to the earth, it is a great deal of poetic license to say that He will. Many scriptures say that God comes down to the earth, but it is understood that He does not do that literally. He makes His presence known, but from His place in heaven. Zechariah 14 has meaning that transcends a surface-type meaning that you give it.

Before going any further than your first sentence, you must deal with what you have said. You have called Jesus divine yet another God. That is polytheism. Deal with that first.

KingdomRose

Before going any further than your first sentence, you must deal with what you have said. You have called Jesus divine yet another God. That is polytheism. Deal with that first.

No, sir. "Divine" simply means "of, relating to, or proceeding directly from God or a god."

That's from Webster's Dictionary, and that is exactly what "divine" means. All of the ANGELS are divine. We don't call them "false gods." You have to get over that hang-up so many people have of attaching to others a spurious belief that they don't even have.

We do not worship a polytheistic God, as do you.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I'm sorry, but you are the one that does not believe in the Jesus Christ who God sent, because you claim he is God. Does God send HIMSELF? Jesus could not BE God, because God told him what to do and how to do it!

"Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do NOTHING of himself, unless it is something he sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner." (John 5:19, NASB)

:chuckle:

We cannot understand God's truth with our puny human intellect...it needs divine revelation. We have this revelation.

You deny the Father and the Son...you are antichrist

Robert Pate

Banned
The remnant is a purely Jewish thing.

You have a nerve Robert Pate, you castigate Calvin for being narrow but actually you condemn a great many more than he ever did.

And you are wrong, Many shall come from East and West. An innumerable multitude.

Then why did Jesus say... "And few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus, the SON OF GOD.

He always said that what he did was what his Father (God) told him to do, and his Father GAVE him the power to do it.

What do you think Jesus meant when he said... "Unless you believe that I am "HE" you will die in your sins?" John 8:24.

Right Divider

Body part
The moment that Jesus appointed the apostles to guide and teach his one historic Church, there was a hierarchical structure (apostles/laity) to the Church. Try again.

Yes, I know that the RCC wants to pretend that it is a continuation of Israel which DID have that sort of system.

Of course, and nothing in Catholic teaching in any way denies that Jesus is our one Mediator (see this and this).
I've seen your RCC babbling before. It's nothing but double-talk and falsehood.

Right Divider

Body part
You misunderstand. The point is that those who possess "the ministry of reconciliation" are specifically the apostles---not you. Try again.
This ministry was specifically give to Paul.

You, being completely brain-washed RCCer, cannot understand the things of God. You have no idea what God gave to Paul.
Eph 3:1-7 KJV For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, (2) If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: (3) How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, (4) Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) (5) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; (6) That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: (7) Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
You have not a single clue as to what is THIS dispensation of the grace of God given to Paul for us.

This is why Paul can say MY GOSPEL (three times).

Right Divider

Body part
I wasn't referring to physical birth and neither was Paul.
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. (1 Corinthians 15:22-23 NKJV)​
Jesus is the firstborn of the firstborn sons of God.
Jesus is the eternal God as you've been CLEARLY shown. You continue to IGNORE the fact that the LORD (the one that YOU say is GOD), will come BACK and place HIS FEET on the Mount of Olives. Jeremiah 14
Zec 14:3-4 KJV Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. (4) And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
Quit ignoring this and believe in the LORD.

Right Divider

Body part
How many "gods" do you think that there are? The Bible says that there is ONE and that THIS one God is shown to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

You are an unbelieving heretic.

You claim that Jesus spoke "out of two sides of his mouth," as the saying goes. I disagree that he spoke like a human one time and like God the next. That makes him seem quite unstable.
No, this is YOU lying about what I said. The Bible shows CLEARLY that Jesus Christ is BOTH a man and God.

You only like to choose the verses where He speaks as a Jew under the law to "prove" your point, but you completely ignore the ones where He claims to be God.

You say that you think that He's a god but not God. That's double-minded nonsense which the rest of you post shows.

I see that just your "great bible translators" (referring to the NWT), that you ALSO like to ADD to the Word of God. NOWHERE in that passage does it say that Jesus was OBSCURED by a cloud.

You are just such a lying unbeliever. You've already show that you have nerve to ADD to the Word of God.

You've are like many: when the Bible does not agree with your ideas; you change the Bible.

So what is the message of Zechariah 14:4? Well, since Jerusalem ("the city") is symbolic of heavenly Jerusalem, "the mountain of the olive trees, which is in front of Jerusalem," must also be taken symbolically. What does that mountain represent? How will it be "split at its middle" and become two mountains? Why does Jehovah refer to them as "my mountains"? In the Bible, mountains can represent kingdoms, or governments. Also, blessings and protection are associated with God's mountain. (Psalm 72:3; Isaiah 25:6,7) Thus, the mountain of the olive trees on which God stands to the east of earthly Jerusalem represents Jehovah's universal sovereignty, His supreme rulership. Also, the mountain to the east of Jerusalem splits in the sense that Jehovah establishes another rulership, a subsidiary one. This secondary rulership is the Messianic Kingdom in the hands of Jesus Christ. That is why Jehovah speaks of the two mountains that result from the splitting of "the Mount of Olives" as being "my mountains." Both of them are His.
When you don't believe that the Bible says, you change it. You are child of the devil.

Further: When the symbolic mountain splits, half to the north and half to the south, Jehovah's feet remain set upon both mountains. (Kind of tough for a physical person to do.) "A very great valley" comes into existence beneath Jehovah's feet. This SYMBOLIC valley represents divine protection, by which Jehovah's servants find safety under His universal sovereignty and His Son's Messianic Kingdom. Jehovah will make sure that pure worship will never be snuffed out.

There is more to say, but hopefully folks here will ruminate on what I've already written, and get the sense of it.
I have ruminated and found your "explanation" to be that of a lying devil child, just like your "leadership".

daqq

Jesus is the eternal God as you've been CLEARLY shown. You continue to IGNORE the fact that the LORD (the one that YOU say is GOD), will come BACK and place HIS FEET on the Mount of Olives. Jeremiah 14
Zec 14:3-4 KJV Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. (4) And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
Quit ignoring this and believe in the LORD.

:thumb: Well said KingdomRose, that is clearly what is written in Zechariah 14:3-4, it is the Father whose "feet" would "stand", (or station) upon the Mount of Olives. Funny how the natural minded physical-literalists will take one passage from the Prophets and literalise it to fit a paradigm while ignoring other passages from the Prophets which explain the very thinking of the Prophets themselves. There is another passage which tells us more about the "feet" of YHWH. In Nahum we read that the clouds are the dust of His feet:

Nahum 1:3
3. YHWH is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: YHWH has His way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of His feet.

Why then should we not apply the statement of Nahum to Zechariah?

Zechariah 14:3-4a
3. Then shall YHWH go forth, and fight against those nations, as when He fought in the day of battle:
4. And His feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives,

And the Father speaks from the Cloud of Glory in the Transfiguration event:

Luke 9:33-35 KJV
33. And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said.
34. While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud.
35. And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

And 2 Peter 1:16-21 says that "Right Divider" is the real Christ denier: :chuckle:

2 Peter 1:16-21 KJV
16. For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
18. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
19. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20. Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The closing portion of the above passage is actually speaking about the fulfillment of Zechariah 14:3-4a, which occurred at the Transfiguration event, when the Cloud of Glory stationed upon the Holy Mount enveloping them, and the Father spoke from the cloud, confirming His Son once more to the disciples that were there. However, (and I understand that JW's are generally futurists also) I have never met a futurist who will actually admit these facts in a debate when they are presented. :)

Right Divider

Body part
:thumb: Well said KingdomRose, that is clearly what is written in Zechariah 14:3-4, it is the Father whose "feet" would "stand", (or station) upon the Mount of Olives. Funny how the natural minded physical-literalists will take one passage from the Prophets and literalise it to fit a paradigm while ignoring other passages from the Prophets which explain the very thinking of the Prophets themselves. There is another passage which tells us more about the "feet" of YHWH. In Nahum we read that the clouds are the dust of His feet:

3. YHWH is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: YHWH has His way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of His feet.

3. Then shall YHWH go forth, and fight against those nations, as when He fought in the day of battle:

33. And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said.
34. While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud.
35. And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

And 2 Peter 1:16-21 says that "Right Divider" is the real Christ denier: :chuckle:

16. For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
18. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
19. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20. Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The closing portion of the above passage is actually speaking about the fulfillment of Zechariah 14:3-4a, which occurred at the Transfiguration event, when the Cloud of Glory stationed upon the Holy Mount enveloping them, and the Father spoke from the cloud, confirming His Son once more to the disciples that were there. However, (and I understand that JW's are generally futurists also) I have never met a futurist who will actually admit these facts in a debate when they are presented
. :)
What a stinking pile you both speak! Are you also a JW like KR?

Like most unbelievers that claim to have "great insight", you make real things "spiritual" whenever it suits your wicked "theology".

It could not be more clear that Zechariah 14 is speaking of the time of God's judgment also known as the DAY OF THE LORD (or in Rev. 1 referred to as 'the Lord's day'). Nowhere in scripture does is tell us (or even hint at) that the transfiguration occurred on the Mount of Olives. The events described in Zechariah 14 match perfectly with prophecies like Isiah and the Book of the Revelation regarding this day of judgment.

The passage in Zechariah 14 describes, over and over, the PHYSICAL details of the prophecy.... but you make a something else and there is NOT one single hint that this a describing a 'spiritual' list of events.

• A physical mount NAMED and its exact physical location called out (4)
  • The physical direction of the physical splitting of the physical mountain (4)
  • A fleeing that is JUST like a historical fleeing naming a physical king of Judah (4)
  • Summer and winter (no hint of a 'spiritual' version) (8)
  • The LORD will be king over all the EARTH (9)
  • Another list of KNOWN physical places will be INHABITED (10)
  • Flesh being consumed (12)
  • People coming year after year to keep a feast of Israel (16)
  • Rain [no hint of 'spiritual' rain here] (17-18)
  • Punishment of those nations that will NOT come to Jerusalem for the annual feast (19)
The list goes on and on with NO INDICATION whatsoever that this is anything BUT something really on the earth.

Your "interpretation" stinks.

Zeke

The closing portion of the above passage is actually speaking about the fulfillment of Zechariah 14:3-4a, which occurred at the Transfiguration event, when the Cloud of Glory stationed upon the Holy Mount enveloping them, and the Father spoke from the cloud, confirming His Son once more to the disciples that were there. However, (and I understand that JW's are generally futurists also) I have never met a futurist who will actually admit these facts in a debate when they are presented. :)

Good points and interpretation! Luke 17:20-21, John 3:3. Mid Actors still can't discern Matt 11:11.

Lon

:thumb: Well said KingdomRose, that is clearly what is written in Zechariah 14:3-4, it is the Father whose "feet" would "stand", (or station) upon the Mount of Olives. ...I understand that JW's are generally futurists also. I have never met a futurist who will actually admit these facts in a debate when they are presented. :)
So you are a Jehovah's Witness/Arian like she? :think: One more to put on my ignore list? There are several good threads on TOL that prove otherwise, so I don't really need to refrain from ignoring you. You are responsible for your own education or lack-thereof.

Like most unbelievers that claim to have "great insight", you make real things "spiritual" whenever it suits your wicked "theology".
Correct. The Mormons came to my door yesterday and instead of 'logic' they told me to seek a 'burning in my bosom.' John 4:23-24 They are all wacky Samaritans worshipping whatever they make up John 4:22

Your "interpretation" stinks.
Being uneducated, they are indeed cut off from Jerusalem and prefer the loner-life in the wilderness and forget that Jesus told them to listen to the message of the Pharisees Matthew 23:2-3

glorydaz

Nowhere in scripture does is tell us (or even hint at) that the transfiguration occurred on the Mount of Olives.

In fact three or four of the early church fathers have said it was Mt. Tabor. And that certainly fits this verse better than the Mt. of Olives does, which is not a high mountain apart, as Mt. Tabor is.

Matthew 17:1-2
And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.​

musterion

:think: Interesting Robert NEVER attacks Mormons, JW's, New Age Borg psuedochristians, or the like :think:

Maybe because they generally don't come here preaching their counterfeit gospels and false views of God. When they do, their marked and isolated pretty quick. Not so with the Augustinians.