Common things you've never owned, don't anymore, maybe never will

musterion

It's a part-time carrion bird anyway. Filthy. Beautiful, but filthy. Like a komodo dragon with feathers.

brinny

sea gulls....i enjoy them soaring free too much when i go to the beach to ever wanna see them in captivity...

brinny

^ Ohhhh i'm afraid i get them mixed up with sea gulls....beautiful birds, thank you for the picture.

a stallion.

Granite

Hall of Fame
That's what I want to know. I'm thinking we've got another infestation of vampires on the forum.

I just don't ever have a need for one. Ever.

Come to think of it my dishwasher's been on the fritz for quite some time but I haven't completely missed having that, either.

Caledvwlch

Come to think of it my dishwasher's been on the fritz for quite some time but I haven't completely missed having that, either.

I actually don't use my microwave much either. Do you ever eat leftovers though?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A vehicle. Thanks goodness I own a set of legs, attached to feet. Even.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A dishwasher. A real one. Not the old fashion kind that is attached to my wrists.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I actually don't use my microwave much either. Do you ever eat leftovers though?

Well sure. But depending on what I'm dealing with unheated is fine or worse comes to worse that's why God invented Pyrex and the stove.

There is one exception: I have been known to occasionally use the nuker at work. At home I've never run into a situation where I really wished I had one.

Also: Toaster oven. Or toaster.

Caledvwlch

Well sure. But depending on what I'm dealing with unheated is fine or worse comes to worse that's why God invented Pyrex and the stove.

There is one exception: I have been known to occasionally use the nuker at work. At home I've never run into a situation where I really wished I had one.

How do you make toast without a toaster. WHAT ABOUT POPTARTS?

brinny

^ LOL i don't miss Poptarts either
laughing-smiley-002.gif

fool

Hall of Fame
How do you know what time it is when you're in the kitchen?
When it was just me and the wife I installed one but it took three or four days to fill it up so all the dishes would be dirty because we didn't want to run it half full.
Now with four children the dishwasher runs once a day jam packed and there's still overload that has to be hand washed.

Here's the thing on that, check your electric meter before and after you preheat and then use your oven.
You just spent 40 minutes and $2 when a Microwave would have taken 1 minute and $.02
I've gone for months and used nothing but the microwave.
My wife is such a penny pincher she put a toaster oven on the counter and forbade anyone using the big oven without prior approval. So the hierarchy is;
1. nuke it
2. if you can't nuke it use the toaster oven
3. if it won't fit in the toaster oven re-examine your choices