Cases you think show the need for death penalty

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pre-meditated rape/kidnapping/murder/torture. obviously cold blooded murder is #1 on the list. The aggravating factors play a huge role in the decision for the death penalty. I'm for it for the crimes I listed.

You do realize you are really not that much different than a Muslim?

They kill people for numerous crimes.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ah yes the imaginary covenant of grace found nowhere in scripture.

The New Covenant isn't an imaginary covenant.

We live in the New Covenant. In the NC, our sins have been taken away. They were paid in full by the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross.

(Rom 11:27) And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins."

The Apostle Paul quoted the prophecy from Jeremiah because the prophecy was fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Those who are in charge. State/government, laws governing
our land. You didn't realize that already?

In 1700's England over 200 crimes were punishable by death, including cutting down a tree, and stealing a rabbit.

Could you execute someone for cutting down a tree?

Could you execute someone for stealing a rabbit?

glorydaz

God commanded the death penalty for adultery in this life.

You're speaking of the Law of Moses, which was given to the JEWS.

The "after life" is not another matter. The Lord told the parable of the unforgiving servant.

It certainly is another matter. It's a matter of Law and Grace..... condemnation and eternal life. Do you need me to preach the Gospel to you right here in this thread?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you need me to preach the Gospel to you right here in this thread?

If you think it's ok to kill someone for a sin, you have no idea what the gospel says.

As I asked GM, please show me where the Apostle Paul said to kill people for certain sins?

elohiym

If you are against the death penalty in any situation, do not post. If you are for it in some cases, post specific cases to that effect. Keep arguing with people and I will report you for trolling and disrupting this thread. Please stop.

You are making up rules for the thread as you go.

elohiym

You're speaking of the Law of Moses, which was given to the JEWS.

Murder was forbidden by the law of Moses. Do you think God still wants murderers put to death in this life but not adulterers, witches and sabbath breakers?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Religious (or nonreligious) feelings aside, post any cases here that you sincerely believe show the need for execution for the good of society. For openers...

HIV positive man rapes girls, 14 and 2

HIV positive man rapes boy, 6, on livecam
I no longer believe in killing anyone who commits a serious act of violence or sexual abuse or both.

We need to lock some of these people up for life--I'm not denying that. They need to be studied by doctors to understand why a person becomes a sociopathic murderer or a person who believes violence is the only way to respond to human conflict.

There have been some amazing breakthroughs that have filtered down to the public's awareness. A lot of it has to do with how a person is raised, and what sort of genetic code s/he has.

We are right on the cusp of many more breakthroughs.

Keep them alive. Study them. Learn what they are all about.
Be able to predict future criminal behavior.

Stop killing the innocent by mistake or design.

elohiym

Wrong. Adultery is punishable by divorce "in this life" because the Law of the Messiah, the Law of Liberty, the Law of Christ has replaced the Law of Moses which has been rendered totally inoperative post cross.

Then why should murderers be put to death "in this life" by a different standard?

You are thoroughly confused about the "law" of God. Only those provisions that are repeated in the NT are the Law of God today. Stoning for adultery and rebellious kids no longer apply.

You're just making that up. It's a foolish doctrine. Adulterers should be executed by the same standard you apply to murderers, or both should be shown mercy like you were shown mercy.

elohiym

Religious (or nonreligious) feelings aside, post any cases here that you sincerely believe show the need for execution for the good of society.

Religious feelings aside, any case of adultery shows the need for execution for the good of society.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Why did God command the execution of adulterers and murderers?
We commanded the execution of adulterers, murders--even whole populations of people.

God just makes sure the laws of physics operate in their usual "divine consistency."

Why is Jesus against welfare and is for capitalism? Because his believers WANT him to be. It makes them feel good about themselves.

Humans usually project their own fears on others. God has no fear.
He is above finite humanity in all respects.

The God of Jesus was not violent or played one against the other.