Cases you think show the need for death penalty

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1 Peter 2:13
Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

First off, I asked GM to show where in what he calls "Paul's Gospel" it says to kill people who commit certain sins.

GM and most Dispies don't consider 1 Peter part of "Paul's Gospel".

You guys sure like to throw the word "grace" around when you discuss Paul's Gospel except when it comes to people who commit crimes. For those people, grace goes out the window. You guys want to put them to death.

The context of 1 Peter 2 is abut living a good life amongst pagans.

glorydaz

First off, I asked GM to show where in what he calls "Paul's Gospel" it says to kill people who commit certain sins.

GM and most Dispies don't consider 1 Peter part of "Paul's Gospel".

You guys sure like to throw the word "grace" around when you discuss Paul's Gospel except when it comes to people who commit crimes. For those people, grace goes out the window. You guys want to put them to death.

The context of 1 Peter 2 is abut living a good life amongst pagans.

No duh. We are living among the pagans.

I told you Paul doesn't address what we're to do with the pagans besides preach the gospel to them, because members of the body are in the Spirit not in the flesh.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I told you Paul doesn't address what we're to do with the pagans besides preach the gospel to them,

What makes you think you are supposed to kill them for certain sins?

If you kill them they are going to hell. If you let them live, there is a chance they can become saved and have eternal life.

Why would you kill an unbeliever and send them to hell?

because members of the body are in the Spirit not in the flesh.

Would you kill a fellow member of the BOC for committing the same sin as a non-member of the BOC?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Still any doubt you're trying to talk sense to a leftist drone?

I can back my views with what Jesus and Paul said.

You on the other hand, share the same views as Muslims who enforce Shariah Law.

Nothing the Apostle Paul taught comes close to your views of killing people for sins.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Can anyone who advocates killing people for sins/crimes give us one example of a country or society throughout history who by killing people for sins/crimes reduced sins/crimes?

glorydaz

What makes you think you are supposed to kill them for certain sins?

I'm not killing anyone. I already explained who has the duty to do such things.

If you kill them they are going to hell. If you let them live, there is a chance they can become saved and have eternal life.

Do you think the killer gave his victim that same opportunity?

Why would you kill an unbeliever and send them to hell?

Well, they'll have quite a long time to make their peace with God...I would suggest they do so. Which, by the way, is more of a chance than they gave their victim.

Would you kill a fellow member of the BOC for committing the same sin as a non-member of the BOC?

Are you on crack?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Oh, so you would never personally kill someone for a sin/crime, but your totally fine with someone else doing it?

See, that's the thing about sins. They aren't nice, nor are they fair.

Well, they'll have quite a long time to make their peace with God...

That makes no sense.

Here is what the Bible says about it:

(Heb 9:27) Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

When a person dies, they are not judged for their sins (sins were paid for at the cross). Those who have faith in Christ Jesus have eternal life, everyone else goes to the lake of fire.

I would suggest they do so. Which, by the way, is more of a chance than they gave their victim.

You're trying somehow to make it about fairness.

Are you on crack?

It's an honest question. Do you think that somehow members of the BOC are incapable of committing whopper sins?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you had a lick of common sense, we wouldn't have to give any examples. You could just look around.

Please show us an example of a society that eliminated a particular sin/crime by killing people who committed the sin/crime?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's true, with death row inmates it can take years even with no appeals before they execute. That is plenty of time to find the gospel of salvation and to be saved and sealed. That is a gift of time that victims never get.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No you can't.

(Matt 5:43-44) “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Jesus didn't say to kill your enemies and kill those who persecute you, He said to love them.

Jesus also said the following:

(Matt 3:38) If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

You do the exact opposite. You want to kill your enemies, and kill those who slap your cheek.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The New Covenant isn't an imaginary covenant.

We live in the New Covenant. In the NC, our sins have been taken away. They were paid in full by the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross.

(Rom 11:27) And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins."

The Apostle Paul quoted the prophecy from Jeremiah because the prophecy was fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

Scripture?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Scripture?

The prophecy:

(Jer 31:31,34) “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” ....“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”

The Apostle Paul tells us it was fulfilled:

(Rom 11:27) And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins."

The Apostle Paul was a minister of the New Covenant:

(2 Cor 3:6) He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You're missing the point.

You are claiming the government of a country gets to determine what crimes are punishable by death.

If a government passed a law that says anyone who prints a Bible is to be put to death are you going to adhere to that law?

Now, you're getting absurd.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I can back my views with what Jesus and Paul said.

You on the other hand, share the same views as Muslims who enforce Shariah Law.

Nothing the Apostle Paul taught comes close to your views of killing people for sins.

I notice you're not obsessively bringing up "Darby?"
It's not working for you anymore?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Can anyone who advocates killing people for sins/crimes give us one example of a country or society throughout history who by killing people for sins/crimes reduced sins/crimes?

What if some maniac murdered one of your family
members, would you still be against the death penalty?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Well, they'll have quite a long time to make their peace with God...I would suggest they do so. Which, by the way, is more of a chance than they gave their victim.

Are you on crack?

Good post. I think TeT has a loose screw in his head. He's
definitely a card carrying liberal.