Calvinism and the word "Predestination"

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:nono:

Tell that to Moses, Abraham, the psalmists and the prophets . . .

4 Times.

And it is predestined that those in him are Holy and blameless.

Ephesians 3

9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;

Robert Pate

Banned
Did you even read the post? You certainly did not interact with it.

And your premise is possible, but not certain. If we are predestined God could fill the Bible with it, or he could have nothing in it, or he could mention it 4 times. Something true is true regardless of how many times it is in the Bible.

Since you brought up [some of] Romans 8:30 why not interact with my post? Does it support well something you do not want to believe?

Yes, I don't want to believe that God is unjust. Predestination makes God unjust.

Brother Ducky

Yes, I don't want to believe that God is unjust. Predestination makes God unjust.

Well, OK. First of all, predestination does not make God unjust.

Secondly, it appears that you do not want to deal with the post [most posts, for that matter] because the simple reading teaches something you do not like.

So, what Pauline scriptures do you want to tear out of the Bible. All of Romans? Just chapter 8? All of Paul's writings?

Robert Pate

Banned
Then quit assuming God is guilty for the lost

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

God is not guilty for the lost. When it comes to the salvation of fallen man God is off the hook.

God has done all that he can do for fallen man. There is nothing more that he can do. The ball is now in humanities court so that... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

"I have set before you this day both life and death. Choose life" Deuteronomy 30:19.

Last edited:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
God is not guilty for the lost. When it comes to the salvation of fallen man God is off the hook.

God has done all that he can do for fallen man. There is nothing more that he can do. The ball is now in humanities court so that... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

"I have set before you this day both life and death. Choose life" Deuteronomy 30:19.

But God allowed for the lost to be born knowing their eternal destiny. That's a fact. That you judge from your fallen created vantage point. Which is a sin.

glorydaz

But God allowed for the lost to be born knowing their eternal destiny. That's a fact. That you judge from your fallen created vantage point. Which is a sin.

I don't suppose you have a proof of that statement either.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
He didn't try to define God. Untwist your knickers, brat boy.

Yeah he does each time he calls into question the destiny of the lost.

Here's a great one for you kid:

There are people who have been born, lived their whole life and died without ever hearing of Jesus or Adam.

I say too bad. Pate says God is unjust..

glorydaz

If its true there is freewill we can be pre-chosen to be conformed to the image of Christ, but also chosen to have the freedom to reach God's preferred destiny or not.
Romans 11:32
"For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all."

All who choose to turn to him in humble faith.

Yep,

Galatians 3:22
But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

glorydaz

But God allowed for the lost to be born knowing their eternal destiny.

Because you adhere to the absolute ridiculous idea that God doesn't know the future I won't waste my time arguing with you .

Oh, do I adhere to that idea? What would I do without you to tell me what I believe?

The real reason you won't argue with me is because I make you prove your statements....which you very seldom do, by the way. I'd like to see your proof for your statement at the top of this post.