ECT Book of Esther destroys MAD doctrine.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Psa 92:5 O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.
Psa 92:6 A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.
Psa 92:7 When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:

You may not know how to articulate your ideas, thoughts, and beliefs
but, you sure know how to "Cut and Paste!" I'll give you that!

heir

TOL Subscriber
So you make up your own MAD rule which says the 3000 were not saved.

and that they were not the members of the church which is His body.

Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

A spirit has blinded your eyes.

LA
It doesn't say they were saved. You have been shown over and over that they await salvation at the second coming, but ignore it.

And what's your answer to this?
Do you believe Acts 2:38 is the gospel by which man is saved today?
Do you believe we must endure to the end to be saved?

If you answer yes to either of these questions, you reject the gospel that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth.

revpete

Book of Esther destroys MAD doctrine.

It doesn't say they were saved. You have been shown over and over that they await salvation at the second coming, but ignore it.

Sorry for butting in here Heir, only the word for "add" in the verse under discussion is an active word and is rightly translated "being added" which means that at that time it was happening προστίθημι {pros-tith'-ay-mee} and is used eighteen times in the NT. So, with respect, how is it future? I refer to #82

Pete 👤

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
Sorry for butting in here Heir, only the word for "add" in the verse under discussion is an active word and is rightly translated "being added" which means that at that time it was happening προστίθημι {pros-tith'-ay-mee} and is used eighteen times in the NT. So, with respect, how is it future? I refer to #82

Pete ��

They were being added to the "church" .....not body of Christ daily.... Yes, it was present tense. Their salvation was yet future as the verse plainly states. It doesn't say the Lord added to the church as were saved.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Men receive salvation now, that they will be saved fully by resurrection at the coming of the Lord.

There are others who are saved at the judgment of Mat.ch 25.

All those who are saved, whether in resurrection or lives preserved to enter the coming Kingdom mortally, will have to endure to the end to be saved.

A free ride for MADists does not exist in scripture.

Mat 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
Mat 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They were being added to the "church" .....not body of Christ daily.... Yes, it was present tense. Their salvation was yet future as the verse plainly states. It doesn't say the Lord added to the church as were saved.

The Church which is His Body is the Bride of Christ.

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Pete ��

Act 11:13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;
Act 11:14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
Act 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Right Divider

Body part

Pete 👤
She was not saying that the "adding" was future, only the "saved" part.

way 2 go

The Church which is His Body is the Bride of Christ.

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

:think: Christ loved the church , no bride of Christ in that verse

:think: no bride of Christ in that verse

:think: no bride of Christ in that verse either

:think: still no bride of Christ in that verse

:think: nourisheth and cherisheth , still no bride of Christ in that verse

:think: body of Christ

:think: still no bride of Christ in that verse Gen 2:24

Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church

:( still no bride of Christ in that verse

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

That's all there is, except for children.

There is not a Bride plus the Body of Christ.

The Spirit of the new covenant was poured out at Pentecost and continues.

LA

way 2 go

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

That's all there is, except for children.

There is not a Bride plus the Body of Christ.

The Spirit of the new covenant was poured out at Pentecost and continues.

LA

Israel is the bride, one and only

Rev 21:9 ... Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb
Rev 21:12 ... and on the gates the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel were inscribed—

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Israel is the bride, one and only

Rev 21:9 ... Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb
Rev 21:12 ... and on the gates the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel were inscribed—

You never figured out that OT Israel is not in focus in the Revelation book and its contents are understood by the corrections of the NT writers.

So the Israel under the new covenant are blood bought by Christ and are therefore the true Christians.

You think Israel of the NT are the Jews of the flesh.

They are not.

The Israel of Rev.ch 7-14 and 21 are all Kings and Priests of the new covenant inaugurated by Christ's blood regardless of their flesh.

Paul wrote--

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Peter wrote--

1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

The Mother of the great multitude of Rev.7 are the Christians. (those who have Christ within and upon) Isaiah ch 49.

The preparation and sending of the 144000 are the sending of the Christians.(those who have Christ within and upon.) to procure those children of the great multitude.

The Holy City of Rev ch 21 are inclusive of all throughout history who have overcome with God, but the gates are the Christians of the new covenant, the Israel of God.

2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
2Co 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

It is impossible to enter the Kingdom of God except through the true people of the Spirit, the Lord has sent.

Others may join something but not the Kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Do not let some group hold you so that you can not venture out of their grasp, to seek the Lord among His people of the Spirit.

LA

revpete

Act 11:13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;

Act 11:14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.

Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.

Act 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

Act 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

What has that got to do with my question LA?

Pete 👤

revpete

Sorry I keep forgetting the MAD position sees the two as separate.

Pete

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, I know but the very word means that The Lord was adding to the His Church then. That is they were getting saved then.

Pete 👤
It does not say that they "were getting saved", it says "such as SHOULD be saved".

Also, remember that the word "saved" does not always mean "given eternal life". Most of the time it does not.

DAN P

Pete 👤

Hi and the Greek word " ADDING " is in the Greek Imperfect Tense , and the Imperfect tense means that the Lord was " ADDING " in the Past Time and then stopped .

The reason is , because that EKKLESIA was soon to be set aside , as Acts 13:46 and Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 says and many other verses !

It is also in the ACTIVE VOICE , which means that the subject as producing the action , which is Christ .

And also in the Indicative Mood of the FACT .

DAN P

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and the Greek word " ADDING " is in the Greek Imperfect Tense , and the Imperfect tense means that the Lord was " ADDING " in the Past Time and then stopped .

The reason is , because that EKKLESIA was soon to be set aside , as Acts 13:46 and Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 says and many other verses !

It is also in the ACTIVE VOICE , which means that the subject as producing the action , which is Christ .

And also in the Indicative Mood of the FACT .

DAN P

Israel was never set aside. You say that because you believe the same Israel will once again be restored.

It will not be.

The believers have continued to be added to the Israel of God continuously.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Rom 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
Rom 11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
Rom 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
Israel was never set aside. You say that because you believe the same Israel will once again be restored.

It will not be.
vs.

Romans 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.