ECT Book of Esther destroys MAD doctrine.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
vs.

Romans 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Individuals who repented were grafted back in.

None of those who were cut off and never repented are alive today or will be in the future.

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

That is speaking of Christ's first coming and the covenant inaugurated by his blood which is in place now--

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Christ's second coming is described here----

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

LA

SaulToPaul 2

What a MUDdy mess you make by sticking the word of God in your religious, denominational blender.

What a shame it is for LA to spend an entire lifetime striving to enter a church that cannot be entered, all the while shunning the one that is wide open.

revpete

Hi and the Greek word " ADDING " is in the Greek Imperfect Tense , and the Imperfect tense means that the Lord was " ADDING " in the Past Time and then stopped .

The reason is , because that EKKLESIA was soon to be set aside , as Acts 13:46 and Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 says and many other verses !

It is also in the ACTIVE VOICE , which means that the subject as producing the action , which is Christ .

And also in the Indicative Mood of the FACT .

DAN P

Hi Dan,

Yes, The Lord was adding daily such as were being saved. All Acts 13:46 teaches us is that Paul found it necessary to take the gospel to the Jews first but as they, as a whole rejected it, he would take it to the Gentiles. As our Lord instructed His disciples to shake the dust off their feet if the message that brought was rejected so the same principle applies here. Same in Acts 18: and 28:28.

The imperfect tense shows continuous or linear type of action just like the present tense. It always indicates an action continually or repeatedly happening in past time. It portrays the action as going on for some extended period of time in the past.
The idea of continual action in the past does not apply when the verb "to be" is in the imperfect tense. There it should be considered a simple action happening in past time, without regard to its "on-going" or "repeated happening" in the past. The act of salvation is continuous for both Jew and Gentile who are by The Holy Spirit baptised into The one Church, The Body of Christ of which He is The Head!

Doesn't your position put Peter and Paul in different churches? Jesus said that He would build His church not churches. So, which is He head of and which is a sort of "headless chicken" church?

Scripture is a progressive revelation to us. Paul no doubt had a greater revelation than did Peter but certainly nothing to do with a different dispensation. Peter in fact in his writings warns of those who twist Paul's words 2Pet 3:15,16 to their own destruction.

Dan, the greatest warning of this position was given to me by you, unintentionally I think, when you said some time ago that repentance is no longer necessary for salvation! William Booth prophesied that the time would come when a bloodless, hell free gospel that needed no repentance would be proclaimed. You are in great danger of fulfilling his words!

Pete 👤

Right Divider

Body part
<cut>

Doesn't your position put Peter and Paul in different churches? Jesus said that He would build His church not churches. So, which is He head of and which is a sort of "headless chicken" church?
Fallacious reasoning there rev, just because Jesus uses the singular there does not mean that there CAN ONLY BE ONE church. He did not say "I will build my ONE AND ONLY ONE church".

Many point to the fact that Jesus uses "will build" to say that this church must come into existence later. Yet we know from Acts 7:38 that there was ALREADY a church in the wilderness.

Jesus is the HEAD of the "church which is His body". He has other titles for other churches, like KING.

Scripture is a progressive revelation to us. Paul no doubt had a greater revelation than did Peter but certainly nothing to do with a different dispensation. Peter in fact in his writings warns of those who twist Paul's words 2Pet 3:15,16 to their own destruction.
You disagree with Paul then. Paul says that HE received a dispensation of the gospel called (by Paul) the dispensation of the grace of God. Peter never claimed such a thing. When Peter, James and John meet with Paul in the accounts of Acts 15 and Galatians 2, Paul says that they added nothing to him but that he added something to them.
Gal 2:6-9 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me: (7) But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; (8) (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:) (9) And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
Contrariwise means the opposite, that Paul added something to them.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Dan,

Yes, The Lord was adding daily such as were being saved. All Acts 13:46 teaches us is that Paul found it necessary to take the gospel to the Jews first but as they, as a whole rejected it, he would take it to the Gentiles. As our Lord instructed His disciples to shake the dust off their feet if the message that brought was rejected so the same principle applies here. Same in Acts 18: and 28:28.

The imperfect tense shows continuous or linear type of action just like the present tense. It always indicates an action continually or repeatedly happening in past time. It portrays the action as going on for some extended period of time in the past.
The idea of continual action in the past does not apply when the verb "to be" is in the imperfect tense. There it should be considered a simple action happening in past time, without regard to its "on-going" or "repeated happening" in the past. The act of salvation is continuous for both Jew and Gentile who are by The Holy Spirit baptised into The one Church, The Body of Christ of which He is The Head!

Dan, the greatest warning of this position was given to me by you, unintentionally I think, when you said some time ago that repentance is no longer necessary for salvation! William Booth prophesied that the time would come when a bloodless, hell free gospel that needed no repentance would be proclaimed. You are in great danger of fulfilling his words!

Pete &#55357;&#56420;

I agree, so does the Bible.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Fallacious reasoning there rev, just because Jesus uses the singular there does not mean that there CAN ONLY BE ONE church. He did not say "I will build my ONE AND ONLY ONE church".

Christ said--

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Many point to the fact that Jesus uses "will build" to say that this church must come into existence later. Yet we know from Acts 7:38 that there was ALREADY a church in the wilderness.

It began at Pentecost and not later than that.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Jesus is the HEAD of the "church which is His body". He has other titles for other churches, like KING.

No.

Joh 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
Joh 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

You disagree with Paul then. Paul says that HE received a dispensation of the gospel called (by Paul) the dispensation of the grace of God. Peter never claimed such a thing. When Peter, James and John meet with Paul in the accounts of Acts 15 and Galatians 2, Paul says that they added nothing to him but that he added something to them.
Gal 2:6-9 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me: (7) But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; (8) (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:) (9) And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
Contrariwise means the opposite, that Paul added something to them.

No.

It means they added nothing to Paul and Paul added nothing to them.

LA

Right Divider

Body part
<cut>

It means they added nothing to Paul and Paul added nothing to them.

LA
How are always able to say something even more ignorant than the last time you said something ignorant?

Contrariwise means the opposite. Peter, James and John PERCEIVED something that you know nothing about. And yet you yack on and on like a leaky faucet.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How are always able to say something even more ignorant than the last time you said something ignorant?

Contrariwise means the opposite. Peter, James and John PERCEIVED something that you know nothing about. And yet you yack on and on like a leaky faucet.

Just the facts man, just the facts.

Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
Gal 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

LA

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Your hateful MAD insults, do not theological discussion make . . .

Every time you curse another as "ignorant" you only reveal you post from a realm of unloving darkness.

heir

TOL Subscriber
:up:

LA has been shown this truth before, but rejects it even though the scripture clearly bears out that Paul went up by revelation (meaning he was sent) and communicated "that gospel" which he preached among the Gentiles unto them.

James, Cephas (Peter) and John did not know the gospel Paul preached before they heard it directly from him.

It was THEN (not before) "when they saw" that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto Paul. It was THEN (not before) that they “perceived the grace” that was given unto Paul!

Galatians 2:1 Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also. 2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

Galatians 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

They added nothing to Paul, BUT CONTRARIWISE,…!

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; 8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:) 9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

That's what saith the scripture!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:up:

LA has been shown this truth before, but rejects it even though the scripture clearly bears out that Paul went up by revelation (meaning he was sent) and communicated "that gospel" which he preached among the Gentiles unto them.

James, Cephas (Peter) and John did not know the gospel Paul preached before they heard it directly from him.

!

Wrong.

The 120 , the 3000, the 5000, the multitude of believers , all knew about the death burial and resurrection of Christ and that He had been made both Lord and Christ and that there was no salvation in any other name but Christ.

The believed. They obeyed, They were washed, they were filled with the Holy Spirit from Heaven.

Paul said there was only one Gospel.

LA

Right Divider

Body part
Wrong.

The 120 , the 3000, the 5000, the multitude of believers , all knew about the death burial and resurrection of Christ and that He had been made both Lord and Christ and that there was no salvation in any other name but Christ.

The believed. They obeyed, They were washed, they were filled with the Holy Spirit from Heaven.

Paul said there was only one Gospel.

LA
Chapter and verse LA.

Right Divider

Body part
Your hateful MAD insults, do not theological discussion make . . .

Every time you curse another as "ignorant" you only reveal you post from a realm of unloving darkness.
The only way to go is telling the truth. If you find that "hateful", so be it.