Theology Club: Bob Enyart's "The Plot" is he right?

way 2 go

And make no mistake about it, those who lived under the law were saved by grace through faith:

Lev 4:27 "If anyone of the common people sins unintentionally in
doing any one of the things that by the LORD's commandments ought not to be done, and realizes his guilt,
Lev 4:28 or the sin which he has committed is made known to him, he shall bring for his offering a goat,
a female without blemish, for his sin which he has committed.
Lev 4:31 And all its fat he shall remove, as the fat is removed from the peace offerings,
and the priest shall burn it on the altar for a pleasing aroma to the LORD.
And the priest shall make atonement for him, and he shall be forgiven.

the Goat in these verses does not agree with you :execute:

Jerry Shugart

doing any one of the things that by the LORD's commandments ought not to be done, and realizes his guilt,
Lev 4:28 or the sin which he has committed is made known to him, he shall bring for his offering a goat,
Lev 4:31 And all its fat he shall remove, as the fat is removed from the peace offerings,

the Goat in these verses does not agree with you :

You have no understanding of the "types."

The forgiveness mentioned there was for people who were already redeemed and here is the "antitype" for us:

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:9).​

All you prove is you do not know about the principle of grace by which those under the law were saved:

" For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works" (Ro.4:3-4).​

David lived under the law and he was justified before God apart from works.

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I asked you when Christ died for your sins and when was He delivered for your offences. Simple questions with a ball park answer of "about 2000 years ago" would have sufficed. Why couldn't you answer? Will your open theism not allow you to? Were your sins non existent when Christ died for them? Instead you said, "when I received the gift when I repented" so I'll go with that...
The same time He did so for everyone else; He died once, for all.

My sins did not exist when Christ died. I did not exist. Christ did not die for individual sins; He died for sin as a whole.

Christ didn't die for your sins when you "received the gift when you repented". That is one of the saddest things I have ever heard from someone named a brother.
I never said that's when He died. You need to learn to pay attention.

I found out about His offer and I accepted; that is when I received the gift of eternal life. That is not the same as His dying for sin.

There was an event when God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV), when He Who knew no sin was made to be sin for us that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV), was delivered for our offences, died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day for our justification (Romans 4:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). It was a ONE TIME EVENT! Christ is not crawling back up on that cross to die for men's sins every single time someone places their trust in Him.
I have never argued otherwise.

You guys really are stuck on the word repent. You love to tell people what to do. lol
You have demonstrated that you do not really understand what it means to repent.

This is not a discussion of turning from sin. I am dead to sin, I don't need to turn from it.

I could have no opinion about Christ and one day hear the gospel preached and trust the Lord believing it for salvation and be saved and sealed. No "repenting", just trusting Him believing.
That is a change of mind. Do you need an English class?

People don't have to "repent/change their mind" for a gift. They receive the offer.
You really don't know what a change of mind is, do you?

Were you transformed? If so, by what were you transformed? Was it, maybe, the renewing of your mind?

People aren't blinded by the god of this world because they "repent not", but because they "believe not" (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).
:doh:

Going from unbelief to belief is a change of mind, thus it is repenting, according to both words in Hebrew and Greek that were translated "repent," and any variation thereof.

People don't go to hell because they didn't "repent". They go to hell for receiving not the love of the truth that they might be saved (2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV).
You need to learn the meaning of words.

Paul writes that we are to examine ourselves whether we be in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV). A person can "repent" until they're blue in the face, but if there's never been a moment when they trusted the Lord for salvation believing Christ died for THEIR sins, was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), they're not in the faith.
You're using "repent" to mean something other than I am, which is why you're failing.

The fellowship of the mystery is not in "The Plot" either. Which is really the topic of this thread...
If you desire to elaborate on this claim that it is not within said book, go ahead.

Addition

I originally said to you that God forgave the sin/sins debt nearly 2000 years before we were ever born when God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV). I didn't "repent" of anything. I trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV. The point stands. Our pattern for forgiving one another is Ephesians 4:32 KJV.
And you said That's not true. We were forgiven when we were quickened together with Him.
No, I said your mind was changed, and that we received the forgiveness He had already offered when we accepted it.

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Christ was quickened 2000 years ago!
And? Do you think I disagree with this?

Do you know what "quickened" means? I bet you don't.

way 2 go

Originally Posted by way 2 go

The forgiveness mentioned there was for people who were already redeemed and here is the "antitype" for us:
they cant have it both ways redeemed and not forgiven and they would
not be forgiven if they sinned and did not make atonement :execute:

there was no atonement (work) to be made for adultery or murder

heir

TOL Subscriber
The same time He did so for everyone else; He died once, for all.
Yes, for sin (singular) and sins (plural)!

(All bolding my emphasis)

My sins did not exist when Christ died. I did not exist. Christ did not die for individual sins; He died for sin as a whole.
I knew that's what OVers believe, but it still makes my jawdrop. It still makes me sick to my stomach. What a disgusting display of unbelief! You spit on the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in your place! You're so spoiled by your philosophy you can't see straight. Your mind is corrupted. You deny that Christ died for your sins which is a very important part of the very gospel that is the power of God to save you (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! Face what you deny!

Romans 4:25 KJV Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

You deny that Christ died for your sins (plural). It doesn't say sin (singular) there it says sins (plural) and you don't believe it as it is written.

Galatians 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

You deny that He gave Himself for your sins (plural).

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

You don't believe you had any trespasses to forgive, let alone all of them.

And just whose "body of the sins of the flesh" needed to be put off by the circumcision of Christ?

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

I'll answer the question for you: They were ours!

I never said that's when He died. You need to learn to pay attention.

I asked, "When did Christ die for your sins? When was He delivered for your offences?" Your reply was:
You want the specific date and time?

I received the gift when I repented.
I think it's you who needs to pay attention.

I have never argued otherwise.
Sure you have as proven above by all those verses that have "sins" in them. The sins (plural) that you deny that Christ died for.

You have demonstrated that you do not really understand what it means to repent.
I was mocking the fact that you and others are always using the term. And Bob Enyart is more of an example than I of someone who doesn't "really understand what it means to repent" when he says things like, “He is giving opportunity for people to repent of their sins, even of killing their own children, and turning to Him” and “Repent or you’re going to hell” as he did in this show http://kgov.com/bel/20110120 I mean really, it sounds like a Way of the Master perverted gospel. Maybe you should suggest he take an English class. Better yet, a gospel 101 class.

That is a change of mind. Do you need an English class?
No, having never had an opinion about Christ and one day hearing the gospel preached and trusting the Lord believing it for salvation is not a "change of mind". It's trusting the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth (Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Romans 10:17 KJV So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. That's not by repenting.

You really don't know what a change of mind is, do you?
I know and understand just fine. I didn't need to change my mind to receive the gift. I received it by faith.

Were you transformed? If so, by what were you transformed? Was it, maybe, the renewing of your mind?
That transforming is the renewing of a saved individual. We know this because you cannot serve unless you are saved. It certainly could not be an unbeliever as they that are in the flesh cannot please God (Romans 8:8 KJV).

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

You need to learn the meaning of words.
You need to spend less time in your Greek and Hebrew and believe the word of God as it is written.

You're using "repent" to mean something other than I am, which is why you're failing.
So you say.

If you desire to elaborate on this claim that it is not within said book, go ahead.
I already did. Bob does not recognize who the twain made one new man are and therefore cannot make all men see the fellowship of the mystery.

No, I said your mind was changed, and that we received the forgiveness He had already offered when we accepted it.
You're backtracking.

I said, "That is not our pattern for forgiving one another. This is:

Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

To which you replied: "And He forgave us when we repented."

That's what was said and you've yet to explain why you run to a pattern of forgiveness under the kingdom gospel when it differs from the pattern that Paul wrote to us on forgiving one another. That's not rightly dividing. That's not holding fast the form of sound words that you have heard of Paul. Bob uses the same example for forgiving as you. You both err there.
So then it couldn't be as you said earlier.
Do you think I disagree with this?
You say God "forgave us when we repented" so yes, you disagree with Colossians 2:13 KJV.

Do you know what "quickened" means? I bet you don't.
It means made alive. Now you know what it means, too.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:9).​

All you prove is you do not know about the principle of grace by which those under the law were saved:

" For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works" (Ro.4:3-4).​

they cant have it both ways redeemed and not forgiven and they would
not be forgiven if they sinned and did not make atonement

Do you believe that the forgiveness of sins spoken of at 1 John 1:9 is for those already redeemed or for unbelievers?

glorydaz

No. When did Christ die for your sins? When was He delivered for your offences?

I know what repent means. I did not "change my mind".

I trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation. That is how we are saved and sealed.

And thus your mind was changed from unbelief to belief [trust].

Christ didn't die for your sins when you "received the gift when you repented". That is one of the saddest things I have ever heard from someone named a brother.

You guys really are stuck on the word repent. You love to tell people what to do. lol

I could have no opinion about Christ and one day hear the gospel preached and trust the Lord believing it for salvation and be saved and sealed. No "repenting", just trusting Him believing.

People don't have to "repent/change their mind" for a gift. They receive the offer.

People aren't blinded by the god of this world because they "repent not", but because they "believe not" (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

People don't go to hell because they didn't "repent". They go to hell for receiving not the love of the truth that they might be saved (2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV).

This is not a discussion of turning from sin. I am dead to sin, I don't need to turn from it.

Going from unbelief to belief is a change of mind, thus it is repenting, according to both words in Hebrew and Greek that were translated "repent," and any variation thereof.

No, having never had an opinion about Christ and one day hearing the gospel preached and trusting the Lord believing it for salvation is not a "change of mind". It's trusting the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth (Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Romans 10:17 KJV So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. That's not by repenting.

I know and understand just fine. I didn't need to change my mind to receive the gift. I received it by faith.

I realize I'm butting in here, but I can't see that repentance TOWARD GOD has a single thing to do with repenting from sin. We simply cannot believe unless we change our mind about God. We can't believe until we TURN TO GOD from unbelief to belief with faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. The Jews had to change their mind about Jesus being the TRUE LIGHT of God. "Turn ye, Turn ye, Turn ye" means to repent.

We see it here.....turning from idols (including SELF and whatever else we may be serving before we "turn to God"). Therefore, repent cannot be separated from belief. They really are two sides of the same coin.

1 Thessalonians 1:9
For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;​

heir

TOL Subscriber
I realize I'm butting in here, but I can't see that repentance TOWARD GOD has a single thing to do with repenting from sin. We simply cannot believe unless we change our mind about God. We can't believe until we TURN TO GOD from unbelief to belief with faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. The Jews had to change their mind about Jesus being the TRUE LIGHT of God. "Turn ye, Turn ye, Turn ye" means to repent.

We see it here.....turning from idols (including SELF and whatever else we may be serving before we "turn to God"). Therefore, repent cannot be separated from belief. They really are two sides of the same coin.

1 Thessalonians 1:9
For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;​
Gentiles repenting during the Acts provoking ministry (Paul's first sending Acts 26:16-20 KJV) would have led them to a synagogue of the Jews where they would then hear the good news Paul preached (Acts 13:26 KJV, 13:42-44 KJV).

That is not a necessary step for us to hear the gospel today!

We trust the Lord for salvation after hearing and believing the word of truth; that Christ died for our sins was buried and rose again the third day and are saved and sealed (1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Ephesians 1:13-14).

Today, God gives repentance to the acknowledging of the truth.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

2 Timothy 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

way 2 go

Originally Posted by way 2 go

"already redeemed"

they were circumcised which put them in the covenant of the law
never read in the covenant with Abraham were it redeemed them though

that is because they are not saved by grace alone . they needed to
keep the law that they were under Lev 4:31

1Ki 9:4 And as for you, if you will walk before me, as David your father walked, with integrity of heart and uprightness,
doing according to all that I have commanded you, and keeping my statutes and my rules

that was Paul's gospel to the uncircumcised

like i said there was no atonement (work) to be made for adultery or murder.

did david eat pork ?

1Ki 3:14 And if you will walk in my ways, keeping my statutes and my commandments, as your father David walked

what about saul ?

1Sa 16:14 Now the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and a harmful spirit from the LORD tormented him.

Do you believe that the forgiveness of sins spoken of at 1 John 1:9 is for those already redeemed or for unbelievers?

1. that is to Jews in the kingdom
2. they could lose their salvation
3. what if they didn't confess their sins

glorydaz

Gentiles repenting during the Acts provoking ministry (Paul's first sending Acts 26:16-20 KJV) would have led them to a synagogue of the Jews where they would then hear the good news Paul preached (Acts 13:26 KJV, 13:42-44 KJV).

That is not a necessary step for us to hear the gospel today!

We trust the Lord for salvation after hearing and believing the word of truth; that Christ died for our sins was buried and rose again the third day and are saved and sealed (1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Ephesians 1:13-14).

Today, God gives repentance to the acknowledging of the truth.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

2 Timothy 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Yes, I can agree with that, but nothing there disputes repentance toward God. That would be the change of mind...from unbelief to belief....from serving idols to serving the living God. It's a turning to God with faith in Jesus Christ.

Acts 20:20-22 KJV
And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house, Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.​

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, I can agree with that, but nothing there disputes repentance toward God. That would be the change of mind...from unbelief to belief....from serving idols to serving the living God. It's a turning to God with faith in Jesus Christ.

And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house, Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.​
I don't see Paul telling "you Gentiles" (people like you and me) to repent of anything.

glorydaz

I don't see Paul telling "you Gentiles" (people like you and me) to repent of anything.

Repentance TOWARD GOD is for everyone. It's a change of mind...a turning to God from our unbelief. I think this verse applies to all men.

Acts 17:30-31
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.​

What is repentance TOWARD GOD, but a turning to Him....a change of mind from unbelief to belief? Here we see Paul talking about turning FROM IDOLS to serve the living and true God. Whatever "idol" we served before we served God (including SELF) is what we turn from....to God with faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians 1:8-10
For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak any thing. For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That would be the change of mind...

That is what it means to believe the gospel. To admit he died for your sin means you have sin. Repentance in the red letters is a change in behavior. The prodigal son returned home, and stopped being a whoremonger and drunkard.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Repentance TOWARD GOD is for everyone. It's a change of mind...a turning to God from our unbelief. I think this verse applies to all men.

Acts 17:30-31
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.​

What is repentance TOWARD GOD, but a turning to Him....a change of mind from unbelief to belief? Here we see Paul talking about turning FROM IDOLS to serve the living and true God. Whatever "idol" we served before we served God (including SELF) is what we turn from....to God with faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians 1:8-10
For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak any thing. For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;
Gentiles such as we weren't even in the picture yet. We were still without hope and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) until Paul spilled the beans that God had a mystery that included the likes of us (Ephesians 3)!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

We became fellowheirs and of the same Body and partaker of His promise in Christ BY THE GOSPEL!

IT is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Jerry Shugart

"like i said there was no atonement (work) to be made for adultery or murder.

David committed both adultery and murder but you refuse to believe that he was saved. But he was rather you want to believe it or not.

already redeemed"

they were circumcised which put them in the covenant of the law
never read in the covenant with Abraham were it redeemed them though

They received eternal life when they believed (Jn.5:24) and the Lord Jesus said that those to whom He gave eternal life shall never perish.

This is so simple but for some reason it is above your understanding.

way 2 go

David committed both adultery and murder but you refuse to believe that he was saved. But he was rather you want to believe it or not.

I never said David wasn't saved i said works were necessary

1Ki 3:14 And if you will walk in my ways, keeping my statutes and my commandments, as your father David walked

David kept the law he had to he lived by faith and kept the law

They received eternal life when they believed (Jn.5:24) and the Lord Jesus said that those to whom He gave eternal life shall never perish.

1Sa 16:14 Now the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and a harmful spirit from the LORD tormented him.

This is so simple but for some reason it is above your understanding.

you are wrong, i understand that much
i cant figure out why you won't see it.:sherlock:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

you are wrong, i understand that much

i cant figure out why you won't see it.:sherlock:

You a Mormon?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
no

I'm Mid Acts Dispensation

you?

I believe in the Messiaship of Yeshua. And that salvation is by grace alone thru faith alone in Christ's substitutionary death burial and resurrection alone plus nothing .

Thanks for clarifying your religion

Jerry Shugart

You were speaking of the requirements for salvation for those under the law and you said:

"like i said there was no atonement (work) to be made for adultery or murder.

But how do you explain the fact that David was both an adulterer and a murderer but he was saved?

So despite the fact that he was an adulterer and a murderer he kept the law?

Did not the Spirit depart from the Apostles sometime after the day of Pentecost? If not how do you explain that later at Acts 4:31 they were filled with the Holy Spirit?

Last edited: