Beloved57 are you sure you’re chosen?

Hoping

Banned
You're wrong, of course.
See what Paul says about coveting in Romans 7.
Coveting comes from the Ten Commandments.
Yes I see it, (but most of Rom 7 is Paul's narrative of his failures to live the Law before his conversion.)
Fortunately for the reborn, repentant, believers, God's law is now written on our hearts.
With our new nature, coveting is not an issue.
Coveting was one of the now dead "old man's" traits. (Rom 6:6)
It is written..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." (Gal 5:24)
Lust and covetousness are the same thing.

Hoping

Banned
That passage is NOT about "being God's sheep". It's about providing for those that minister the gospel.

You guys are one verse wonders. Stop trying to FORCE things on the scripture and just believe what it says. Paul never calls believers in the body of Christ sheep.
He never used that simile, but Jesus did.

Hoping

Banned
For others that might like to believe the truth: https://graceambassadors.com/midacts/are-you-a-lost-sheep
Is that the "truth" Jesus said could free us from committing sin?
He said..."And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin." (John 8:32-34)

glorydaz

Is that the "truth" Jesus said could free us from committing sin?
He said..."And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin." (John 8:32-34)
Yep, that's why we're freed from the law. Sin is no longer accounted to us.

Hoping

Banned
Yep, that's why we're freed from the law. Sin is no longer accounted to us.
I think you are confusing Harry Potter's invisibility cloak for real righteousness.
If a man commits a sin, he is accountable for it.
What happened to the man who committed adultery with his dad's wife?
He was tossed out of the church !
How about Ananias and Saphira?
Killed on the spot !
If a man commits a sin, it manifests that he was neither converted, reborn, repentant, or a Christ follower.
As Jesus made clear from the scripture you misquoted, (John 8:32-34), the truth can free us from committing sin.

glorydaz

So it seems that Jesus did that for most of His earthly ministry, since Mark 4 is pretty early on.
Well, He did say other things. Lots of other things. And, this particular "story" doesn't fit the definition of a parable. Parables have hidden meanings. Where is the hidden meaning in this "description" of what is going on in the underworld....where the saints are waiting for the resurrection, and where they are separated by a great gulf those in hades?

I think it's prophecy....not future but what was at that time.

And the other parables had to do with the Kingdom.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Only if he has never placed his trust in Christ.

If he has, then all God sees when he looks at the man is Christ, because Christ is our covering.

But he wasn't deemed unsaved.

He was cast out because immorality defiles the church, just like a little leaven leavens the whole lump.

Listen to what Paul said:

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even named among the Gentiles—that a man has his father’s wife!And you are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away from among you.For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed.In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people.Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner— not even to eat with such a person.For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.” - 1 Corinthians 5:1-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians5:1-13&version=NKJV

Killed on the spot!

For their unbelief, and lying to the Holy Spirit, under the New Covenant, where perseverance was a requirement.

If a man commits a sin, it manifests that he was neither converted, reborn, repentant, or a Christ follower.

Did you not notice that Paul NEVER called the man who committed adultery with his father's wife an unbeliever?

In fact, the way he worded what he said, it's impossible for him to NOT be a believer.

I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people.Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner— not even to eat with such a person.For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.” - 1 Corinthians 5:9-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians5:9-13&version=NKJV

As Jesus made clear from the scripture you misquoted, (John 8:32-34), the truth can free us from committing sin.

Jesus was speaking to Israel.

Not the Body of Christ.

Isn't it those who use Christ as an accommodation for wickedness who are the blasphemers?
They accredit their sin to Jesus.

Paul was accused of the same thing you're accusing Musty of, Hoping.

For if the truth of God has increased through my lie to His glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner?And why not say, “Let us do evil that good may come”?—as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just. - Romans 3:7-8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:7-8&version=NKJV

We're not saying it's ok to sin, just because we're covered by grace.

The answer to your accusation?

“But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! - Galatians 2:17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians2:17&version=NKJV

Please read this:

glorydaz

I think you are confusing Harry Potter's invisibility cloak for real righteousness.
Are you an adult?
That's right. But, there is a "but". See it down there?

Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death; but

He was tossed out of the congregation. He was not tossed out of the body of Christ.
Killed on the spot !
Yes, amazing isn't it?

Guess what? God was dealing with the little flock (Peter's group), and God had given them different rules than He gave us.
Welcome to the world of rightly dividing. Pay close attention......

Yeah, yeah, yeah.....when you quit guessing I can give you the answer.

I wasn't quoting John at all. John writes of those under the law. "To those Jews which believed...." Are you a Jew?

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Rather, Paul tells exactly what frees us from the law of sin and death.

Romans 8:2

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

glorydaz

A blasphemer of Harry Potter?
Isn't it those who use Christ as an accommodation for wickedness who are the blasphemers?
They accredit their sin to Jesus.
Do you live on this planet?
You just blather on and say words that are both mixed up and flat out wrong.

I wonder, though, why you are so taken up with sin.

You see sin everywhere you look, yet you claim you have none. :unsure:

I KNOW

Matthew 23:27
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
The old man or the new man?
Part of @Hoping 's problem is that "commits a sin" means "commits a sin with informed consent", but that last part always gets left out, and that's where the grace is, so what's always getting left out is the grace of the Gospel.

Hoping

Banned
Part of @Hoping 's problem is that "commits a sin" means "commits a sin with informed consent", but that last part always gets left out, and that's where the grace is, so what's always getting left out is the grace of the Gospel.
Without temptation, enticement, lust, and commission, there is no sin. (James 1:14-15)
One manifests their "informed consent" when they offend their conscience.